lastbornwolf

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 09 March 2024 - 03:04 AM

im having an issue with vpx sound, on many tables (godzilla, black knight 2000, medieval madness etc). My issue is even with adjusting each rom volume to 28 when in game i still find the flipper and other table sounds to be too loud over the rom sound effects and music, and even if i turn the sounds down in vpx settings it still seems to overbearing. any tips?

#2 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,937 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 09 March 2024 - 04:27 AM

im having an issue with vpx sound, on many tables (godzilla, black knight 2000, medieval madness etc). My issue is even with adjusting each rom volume to 28 when in game i still find the flipper and other table sounds to be too loud over the rom sound effects and music, and even if i turn the sounds down in vpx settings it still seems to overbearing. any tips?

Open table in Editor, and click the Table tab at the top of the Editor.

Now click Sound Manager.

Now find the offending sound and highlight it.

On right side, you will see Position/Volume button. Click it and in the next window at far right, you will have Volume control slider.

Adjust volume to your liking, click OK, and move on to next sound and repeat, until you are happy.

capture_t.png

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#3 digitalarts

digitalarts

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Judge Dredd (have the real one); all virtual EM's

Posted 09 March 2024 - 08:36 AM

And afaik after these volume changes a restart of vpx is needed to hear the difference

Edited by digitalarts, 09 March 2024 - 08:38 AM.

#4 lastbornwolf

lastbornwolf

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 09 March 2024 - 02:16 PM

ah ok thanks will try, and i am also going to use peace equapo to add eq to get rid of annoying frequencies between 2000-6000hz that the flippers make

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound, audio, tables, roms, vpx, pinmame, music