ROM: Link to ROM
Permission to MOD?: Yes, with approval

Based on VP8 version of Lio
upper and lower playfield redraw by Tomasaco
Parts of the script/table taken from Totan, AFM, Dirty Harry
Script review / DOF changes / some soundfx by Ninuzzu
Several plastics photos from Johngreve
So big thanks to Lio, Ninuzzu, Tomasaco, Johngreve, JPSalas, Dozer, Knorr

Several options for mods and lighting setup in the beginning of the script. 
Requires VPX 10.6, DOF support should work (thanks Ninuzzu!).
Please let me know if there are any issues.
In the permission to MOD I ask that you contact me first.

Click here to download this file

#2 PinballShawn

PinballShawn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Changes Daily

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

Awesome! Thank you!

#3 Fulltilt

Fulltilt

Proud VirtuaPin owner!

• VIP
  • 274 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, T2 and World Cup Soccer I play alot of for REAL recreations but Scarface for an original creation is awesome! Recently I have been playing alot of Dozer316's tables. All table authors are awesome!!! Thank you all :)

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

Wow! Thank you :D

42" VirtuaPin Cab

| AMD FX8150 CPU | ASUS Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard | 8gig Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 |

| 42" Commercial Grade 1080p LCD Playfield Monitor | Corsair RM750 PSU | Flipper Fidelity 2.1 Sound System |

| AOC LED 27" Monitor(Backglass) | Samsung 128gig SSD - Win7 |

#4 skpManiac

skpManiac

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 38 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

Superb work on this - the lighting and sound is incredible

Thank you for you hard work  :)

off to find an HQ Bs2 now to do the table justice :P

#5 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,031 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

Amazing table, thank you.

Posted Image

#6 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

Flupper,

Wow what a great table. I jumped off my lawn mower to come in and download it once I saw the release. Breathtaking graphics and attention to detail. Just the way I love it. :)

One question regarding the kickback at the left outlane. I will preface by saying I have never played the real BK2K table but I own a real sister machine from the genre. Every real machine of that bgenre that had kickback I have ever played did fired the ball out as bit more aggressively than what you currently have scripted. When I hit the kickback on your table, it seems to just softly lob it out. I was wondering if Williams had "dialed down" the power on the kickback and what I am seeing on your table is a reflection of that. Just an obswrvation. Maybe someone who has history of playing the table can chime in.

Again, absolutely bad-ass table over all. Job well done.

Bill

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.

#7 sasa12345

sasa12345

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: indiana jones

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

Thank you!

#8 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:40 PM

What a fabulous recreation! Thank you.

I agree with Bill's comments re the kickback, I also find the plunger a bit underpowered as well. That said, I am just basing that on other VP tables and have not played the real thing, so it may well be a perfect representation for all I know.

The only other comment that I would make if that I lose the ball in the darkness of the lower playfield. I love dark tables and run all mine in a "pub" mode, but the grey ball is not something my old eyes can track in this case. My usual response to this without lifting the lighting too much (I don't want to lose the pub feel), is to replace the ball with JP's Timeshock, as it has just the right amount of highlight on it for me to track.  

Thank for your awesome work on this... it will be in my "show off" list when people come to play. :)

Edited by RustyCardores, 02 July 2016 - 04:57 AM.

Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitterhttps://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagramhttps://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Workhttp://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.

#9 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

A very high quality release! thank you for your time and effort!

#10 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

I seen this is your description

"In the permission to MOD I ask that you contact me first, as I am really curious what you want to change. If I like the changes, I will ofcourse add them to this release."

the ONLY thing i touched in this, and this isnt exclusive to your table, i do it to most all tables I use in my cab

I use the ball image TTMMball REF.png

and the decal image ScratchesTT10.png

I have already made most of my family come and see this table on my cab....lol 

they also agree how awesome it is....  ;)

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

#11 lizard

lizard

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 316 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

Awesome table flupper you are the master of shiny objects in VPX, pop bumper caps look great as does the rest of the table. 

#12 vic viper

vic viper

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:40 AM

Thanks, the lighting effects on the ball is very cool

SHOOT THE CORE

#13 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

Flupper1,

Man, this one is extra special. I can't believe my eyes. So much to comment on, I'm going to rival JimmyFingers for thoroughness in this post!

Super cool glow ball effect. What an amazing concept! I prefer to play most of our tables as "night tables," but sometimes it gets hard to see the ball (44 year old eyes, here!). Your glow ball effect is a like an automatic flashlight (and a cool colored one at that) that follows the ball's every movement. Hope this effect can be cut and pasted into other tables!

Physics: As we've discussed at length as a community, true to life physics are largely a matter of taste. Nerd that I am, I usually geek out for hours adjusting physics on you guys' tables. Somehow you read my mind with BK 2000. It plays exactly how I'd like it to. Just the right amount of ball spin, and nice springy bounce off the flippers. Can't wait to study your physics settings tomorrow.

Lighting: The way the light shines through the playfield looks so real. I love that there's almost a slight vignette effect in the way the light shines through the colored plastic on the playfield. The intensity of the flashers under the slings is awesome. This table really "blows up" lighting-wise when you hit certain features. Really exciting.

Even though I have a cab-style setup, I like settings that allow me to see the rails. The rails on BK 2000 are special. Custom!

Sounds: I love the mechnical sound of the lightbulbs clicking on and off. Ninuzzu's Tommy has a similar effect. Really analog sounding stuff! Few sound changes I made for my own personal use: Exported / imported a few sounds from JP's TOTAN: louder ball rolling sounds, and louder metal ramp traveling sounds.

Requests: (Only since you so kindly asked, Flupper!)

1. I'd love Ball Decals to work even when Glow Ball is activated.
2. When the ball drops from the upper playfield onto the lower, I'd love to hear the sound of the ball hitting the lower playfield wood. I'll try to accomplish this myself tomorrow, but I suspect I may not be able to figure it out.

This table has the world's greatest soundtrack. The sentiment is so 80s! "You can do it, You can do it!" Brimming with optimism.

Thank you, Flupper1, for such an amazing gift to our family. We'll be playing this a ton.

:)

Edited by Ben Logan, 02 July 2016 - 07:21 AM.

#14 takut

takut

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Night

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

Great, great great and perfect for my BK2K Cabinet. Love this table and you make it like looks like the real one.

Thanks for sharing :tup:

#15 nFozzy

nFozzy

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Pinbot

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Ball time feels long, but it's difficult to keep the ball on the upper playfield, which is a bit lame. Could take some cues from JP's Black Knight as far as the physics go. It's just more fun with bouncier rubbers, Elasticity falloff belongs on EMs, IMO.

I have some other physics notes

- The magnet's glitchy. I've had this issue with cvpm magnets before, if they're too powerful they tend to toss the ball around.

- The ball can get hung up near the ramp on the lower playfield. I think there's supposed to be a post there or something.

- The random award kicker should lob the ball into the upper flipper.

- There's quite a lot of flipper hop on the upper flipper.

- The ramp to the right flipper should always throw the ball with enough force that it doesn't come to an immediate catch if the right flipper is held up. The ball should bounce up onto the slingshot before settling. This is important for balancing the hurry up scoring.

I've changes for most of these on my copy (based on 1.0) let me know if you want to take a look at it.

#16 flupper1

flupper1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Visual Pinball

Contributor

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

@nFozzy: yes I want to see what you changed, I am no expert on physics settings. Could you PM me the file? 

Edited by flupper1, 03 July 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#17 robertms

robertms

Control Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:51 AM

Hey Flupper, what a fantastic job you did with this table. Visually absolutely stunning, your inserts alone are a game changer! The contrast of vivid colors against the dark background made my Samsung playfield just climax. For what it's worth I share Ben's opinion on your physics settings, I had a great time scoring 5mil and it felt just right. And that Glow Ball... I made it gold and that's just naughty, lol.

Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=

#18 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:19 AM

Flupper, is there an option in the script for DT vs. FS? I searched for it tonight, but couldn't find one. I know you can select this via the video options in the editor. I leave "always use FS rotation" checked, but on your table, I like to use DT (with the same settings I use for FS) because those rails look so cool. Not sure if this makes sense! I've been checking "Test DT Mode" in the editor each time, but this means leaving Pinball X to do so. Not a big deal, honestly.

I played BK 2000 for hours tonight. Love it!

EDIT: Figured this one out: if you like showing rails in FS mode (a la Groni's AFM and Dirty Harry VPX), one way to achieve this is to set ambience to 1 in the script, and then change line 206 to read If AmbienceCategory = 1 and BK2K.ShowDT = False.  I.E. just change "True" to "False." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. I did this last night and am not confident in my memory.

Also, if you like ball decals in glow ball mode, simply insert the name of your chosen ball decal in line 212. For example:  If GlowBall = 1 Then Bk2k.BallFrontDecal = "vulcan_wheel vp10"

:D

Edited by Ben Logan, 03 July 2016 - 10:33 PM.

#19 tttttwii

tttttwii

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 300 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

Awesome. This is the best BK2K I have on my cab. I played it for hours and love the graphics. I am looking forward to 1.1 with slghtly modified physics. But already now .... awesome! Thanks a lot.

#20 senseless

senseless

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 513 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: T2, Black Knight 2K, Monster Bash

• PS3 Gamer Tag: senseless_mind

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

This one is a real gem. Black Knight 2K is one of my favourite tables and I played the V9 version a zillion times. Now I have a beautful version for V10 and all I can say after an hour of playing : wauw. Thanks for this and for all the hard and dedicated work!

Edited by senseless, 03 July 2016 - 09:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steelers, NFL