Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Corvette

• 360 Gamer Tag: ZeeksterATX

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

anybody have the real table?......there is a DemoMan here at a local game spot......its in good condition.....PF has some wear.....its down.....plays one ball then gets stuck.....they tell me something is wrong with the second ball release to the plunger.....something about a sensor for the next ball......any advise and where to get parts reasonable?

That doesn't make a lot of sense.  What you are talking about would be the ball through.  I don't think Demolition Man had opto boards so it would be controlled via switches in the through.  Their would be several switches their which basically counts the number of balls in the through.  If ball one goes out then ball 2 should go out (assuming ball one has drained).  It's possible the last switch that registers the 4th ball could be bad or acting up or the first switch is acting up as well.

If it has an opto board (again, i don't think it does) it's best to reseat the connectors first before replacing them.  A lot of times they just get lose so that will fix it.  Next you can try to re-flow the solder.  Last would be to replace them if they are bad.

Best bet would be to go into the diagnosis tool and then go to the switch matrix.  Go over each switch to make sure it registers right.  You could have a cold solder joint (just needs o be re-flowed as they dry out with age) or something completely different.

Parts can be bought pretty reasonably at pinballlife.com.  Hope this helps get the pin back up and running..

Edited by 85vett, 05 August 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#22 kiwi

kiwi

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 2,518 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

The ball is stuck after the wired ramps. Nudging can not remove the ball from this position.

How many times has that happened?

It seems the typical problem caused by the supports of the gates.
Try to
uncheck the supports of the Gate1.

The ramps are not easy because it also happens that the ball hits the ramp that crosses above and bounce back.

Max

Edited by kiwi, 05 August 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#23 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

anybody have the real table?......there is a DemoMan here at a local game spot......its in good condition.....PF has some wear.....its down.....plays one ball then gets stuck.....they tell me something is wrong with the second ball release to the plunger.....something about a sensor for the next ball......any advise and where to get parts reasonable?

Yes, the only real pin I have in my game room.  Table is in very good condition no wear that I notice.  Plays great except that recently one of the hole kickers got weak and about 3/4 of the time the ball gets stuck cause it just can't muster the umf to kick the ball out. 

#24 grunger106

grunger106

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: LOTR,TAF,TOM,AFM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Looking forward to it...

#25 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm a casual player so take all my statements with a grain of salt, but I think this plays very very close to my real DM! Love this overhaul! 

Two things I have noticed on my system, one when a game starts the ther are two cryo-claws and as it does it's initialize the two merge into one.  Then after playing for a little bit I got an error at line 1972;  baX(id, id2) = round(currentball(id).x, 2) I've played a few more games and not got it again. not sure if that was a glitch or a code problem.

As for the center ramp, I just went and played my real table for a bit.  The VP table seems to be just ever so slightly less forgiving as far as aiming the shot up the ramp, but as for it rolling back down, that is a very steep ramp and many of my shots on the real table end up running out of steam toward the top and rolling back.

One thing I do notice is it is next to impossible for me to hit the "well" shot (See pic) from the upper flipper. This is the easiest shot I can make on my real table, making it almost every time the ball rolls past the flipper.  I have yet to be able to hit it on the VP table. Instead hitting the ramp just below it. IIt seems like a lot of the time the ball makes the loop from the plunger too fast and I totally miss the shot. Again something I almost never do on my table.

Attached Files

Edited by Shadowsclassic, 06 August 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#26 Aaron James

Aaron James

<<< Grand Champion >>>

• VIP
  • 1,408 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Docking Complete...Negative...You Must Redock...Redock Now!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

This plays very close to my real DM! Love the overhaul.  

Two things I have noticed on my system, one when a game starts the ther are two cryo-claws and as it does it's initilize the two merge into one.  Then after playing for a little bit I got an error at line 1972;  baX(id, id2) = round(currentball(id).x, 2) I've played a few more games and not got it again. not sure if that was a glitch or a code problem.

I'm glad to hear you say you like how it plays...it was a bitch to get it like that with all the ramp helpers and invisible kickers.

I get the "double claw" too, but I never get any script error. Hmmm...

vpsig.jpg

#27 DStruct

DStruct

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Spiderman: Vault Edition

• PS3 Gamer Tag: JumboBunny

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

I've had the ball stick there several times, but I've always been able to nudge it loose.

The ball is stuck after the wired ramps. Nudging can not remove the ball from this position.

How many times has that happened?

#28 DStruct

DStruct

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Spiderman: Vault Edition

• PS3 Gamer Tag: JumboBunny

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

I just noticed that, by the claw, the work "break" has been misspelled "breack."

#29 chas

chas

Pinball Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: i played Timezone, quickdraw, triple action, frontier and a few more

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

85vette.... #21

sorry i was not more clear....i have not played it at all.... i cant be more specific.....after ball drain the ball trough kicker to plunger for ball 2 dont work....that is what im told.....ill show your post to them...... thanks....

shadowclassic #23.......that was not much help.....im told it plays 1ball.....the drain is not kicking to the plunger for ball2.....they said it is a sensor.....do you have any more suggestions?

#30 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

85vette.... #21

sorry i was not more clear....i have not played it at all.... i cant be more specific.....after ball drain the ball trough kicker to plunger for ball 2 dont work....that is what im told.....ill show your post to them...... thanks....

shadowclassic #23.......that was not much help.....im told it plays 1ball.....the drain is not kicking to the plunger for ball2.....they said it is a sensor.....do you have any more suggestions?

Sorry chas, I was responding to the first part of you question about if anyone had a real DM table.  I didn't realize you were asking for help, I thought you were just describing the condition of the local table.

I have very little experience working on Pinball tables, but if 85vette or anyone wants me to check/test anything on my table, if they can point me in the right direction I'll be glad to help with what I can.

#31 chas

chas

Pinball Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• Favorite Pinball: i played Timezone, quickdraw, triple action, frontier and a few more

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

shadow#30.....it s ok, sometimes my posts are not always clear ......looking for opinions on what is wrong with the ball trough launch on a real DM at a local spot.....see #29 above......if anybody has more suggestions speakup.....this real DM is just sitting there doing nothing for about 1yr.

#32 JAM0

JAM0

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Elvira

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Beautiful job, thanks for all the great work put into this!

#33 Aubrel

Aubrel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

• Favorite Pinball: StarTrek

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Very nice mod, thank you very much!

About errors, me too, I've got 2 scripts errors during multiball in lines 1914 and 1972, I hope it helps...

Very pleasant table, thanks!

#34 ndz

ndz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Favorite Pinball: WW

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Looks nice so far.  I notice the DMD didn't size properly like all my other tables.

#35 Replay

Replay

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 91 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

One of my favorite tables. I can't wait to give her a spin. Thanks!

:)

#36 Shredhed

Shredhed

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 62 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Taxi

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Since there isn't a B2S for this yet, unless i missed it, will this work with a UVP backglass ???

#37 arngrim

arngrim

DJ Force Feedback

• VIP
  • 2,188 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Monster bash

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yes there is, search on google

#38 Shredhed

Shredhed

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 62 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Taxi

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yes there is, search on google

Found it !  Thanks...

#39 numiah

numiah

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wow, and then some more wow !

Fantastic ! One of the tables I never played on my cab, but now with this freshness I know I will be playing DM frequently.

Challenging shots :)

She threw me a script error on line 1972 during multiball. (null)

I'll see if I can repeat it.

**Each pinball machine is a tiny universe... that we control.**

#40 teppotee

teppotee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: CV

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Glad to hear that people like this release!

Those script errors are a true pain in the ass... There is apparently something wrong with the B2B code but pinpointing the problem is really... really hard. If anyone can get a repeatable scenario when this happens then I can take a look (if some particular shot / table object causes this). I haven't gotten those myself yet.