• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,452 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:41 PM

Yo! @tabascomann7  Any updates on this sucker?  

I guess he moved to vpuniverse.

Anyway there is Scotty's Beatles here:

https://orbitalpin.com/downloads/

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#62 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 4,970 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 22 May 2023 - 09:06 AM

... i prefer your Seawitch ;)

https://www.vpforums...&showfile=14916

#63 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,452 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 22 May 2023 - 03:24 PM

... i prefer your Seawitch ;)

https://www.vpforums...&showfile=14916

Remember that I made two versions of Seawitch. The one you mention is the original layout. And then I made this one:

JPs Seawitch (Stern 1980) - VPForums.org

Which I called "JP's Seawitch" in which I made it based on the layout of Stern's Beatles :) The changes allow for better loops :)

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#64 tabascoman77

tabascoman77

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 175 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, Tron Legacy, Black Hole, Elvira & the Party Monsters

Posted 10 July 2023 - 09:45 AM

Yo! @tabascomann7  Any updates on this sucker?  

I guess he moved to vpuniverse.

Anyway there is Scotty's Beatles here:

https://orbitalpin.com/downloads/

I'm here. Sorry.

I started over from scratch:

• New (100% accurate) high-res playfield that matches the actual, real-life playfield and isn't the half-Stern/half-Rockband hybrid anymore.
  • All new (100% accurate) plastics and spinner gate graphics.
  • New lighting.
  • Rubbers are reconfigured.
  • Domes removed from plastics that didn't have them.
  • Slings reconfigured.
  • Attract light show in place.
  • Audio added to slings, drop targets, and bumpers.

I've been swamped. And I'm kinda between VPF and VPU. I don't have a particular favorite.

Pic attached.

358564055_3617710425126913_1050999665457

Edited by tabascoman77, 10 July 2023 - 09:50 AM.

Custom build: Windows 10, i5 6600, Nvidia GTX 970, 16 GB RAM

#65 Tiki

Tiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Tales of Arabian Nights, Creature from the black Lagoon

Posted 10 July 2023 - 10:35 AM

Beatles is from 2019. 6 There is somewhere a kind of rule, how long to wait for Stern tables.... can´t find it now - so all you have to do is waiting. Make it perfect, you got the time for.. ;-)

Edited by Tiki, 10 July 2023 - 10:36 AM.

vpforumstiki.jpg

#66 tabascoman77

tabascoman77

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 175 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, Tron Legacy, Black Hole, Elvira & the Party Monsters

Posted 10 July 2023 - 11:05 AM

The game came out in 2018. It's 2023.

Noah's rule is "three years out of production".

https://www.vpforums...showtopic=49062

Beatles is good for release. In fact, we're pretty much good for anything up to 2020 right now.

Regardless, I'm not releasing it until it's perfect. I just desperately need help with PUP stuff as well as coding.

Edited by tabascoman77, 10 July 2023 - 11:07 AM.

#67 DKong

DKong

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 596 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 10 July 2023 - 11:04 PM

Take your time and it will be ready when it's ready. Looks real good so far!

#68 tabascoman77

tabascoman77

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 11:49 AM

Just wanted to show everyone a side-by-side comparison of the existing ScottyWic table vs. what I've put together.

On the left is ScottyWic's playfield. The differences begin midway up the playfield. Scotty's included art from various sources and wasn't accurate to the actual Stern table.

On the right is my playfield/plastics/drop targets which are accurate to the actual game.

The biggest noticeable differences are the top-middle portion of the playfield which is decidedly different.

Pretty cool stuff.

359296088_3618443945053561_1067903461793

Edited by tabascoman77, 11 July 2023 - 11:51 AM.

#69 Zuxif

Zuxif

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Zuxif

Posted 17 July 2023 - 07:20 PM

Could you post another screenshot comparing the two? Your link looks dead to me, not working. Cant wait to see the final result whenever it's done!

#70 tabascoman77

tabascoman77

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 July 2023 - 11:22 PM

Could you post another screenshot comparing the two? Your link looks dead to me, not working. Cant wait to see the final result whenever it's done!

Are you on a Mac? Because the links hate my Mac and won't work. They only seem to work for PC users. Otherwise, I can private message you.

#71 BrandonLaw

BrandonLaw

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron

Posted 18 July 2023 - 09:40 AM

Are you on a Mac? Because the links hate my Mac and won't work. They only seem to work for PC users. Otherwise, I can private message you.

On PC and the links do not work.  Tries to bring up the photo, but just spins like the file is 'there' but it can't show it.  Possible browser conflict or something.  As I've owned the real table I'm very curios!

"S...O...S"  /repeat

#72 vogliadicane

vogliadicane

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 20 July 2023 - 06:25 PM

I redid a lot of high res recources for this table. Not sure, if I offered them to you or if they are already in your WIP - offered them somewhere else, I don't remember anymore...

So, here they are. Most, if not all are redone vectors by me. So we can talk about changes (Mabe the bowed slits around the record, which are there in the original Stern table...

leftcardband_t.png

leftcardfaces0_t.png

leftcardhelp_t.png

leftcardjump_t.png

recordonly_t.png

apron-noshadow_4kandcorr_t.png

Edited by vogliadicane, 20 July 2023 - 06:46 PM.

#73 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 21 July 2023 - 06:56 AM

I'll pitch for the cards I contributed to Inkochnito:

http://www.pinballre...755-51K8-XX.pdf

I did some font matching to reference images - https://www.thisweek...emania-pinball/

Nice German card here that looks plausible if the table is supporting multiple languages:

https://pinball-univ...atlemania-stern

It's less a competition though. I like the graphics in the previous post a lot too. It's all iconic. 

#74 tabascoman77

tabascoman77

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 07:00 PM

On PC and the links do not work.  Tries to bring up the photo, but just spins like the file is 'there' but it can't show it.  Possible browser conflict or something.  As I've owned the real table I'm very curios!

Here's the new photo. The new playfield addition (with the authentic Stern playfield) is on the right. You can compare the fan-made PF with the Stern PF here.

Attached Files

Edited by tabascoman77, 05 February 2024 - 08:59 PM.

#75 DKong

DKong

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 596 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 06 February 2024 - 03:52 AM

This all looks very promising. Are you working on an update to this table or should we try moving the higher res images to the existing table?

#76 tabascoman77

tabascoman77

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2024 - 05:40 AM

This all looks very promising. Are you working on an update to this table or should we try moving the higher res images to the existing table?

I used a new high-res scan of the actual playfield and plastics and also used the record and the apron so far. The table was built from scratch this time around, so it's not really a copy of ScottyWic's table.

The lights have been re-worked and I have a lot of the real machine's light sequences.

Edited by tabascoman77, 06 February 2024 - 05:42 AM.

#77 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 04 May 2024 - 09:10 PM

I'll pitch for the cards I contributed to Inkochnito:

http://www.pinballre...755-51K8-XX.pdf

I did some font matching to reference images - https://www.thisweek...emania-pinball/

Nice German card here that looks plausible if the table is supporting multiple languages:

https://pinball-univ...atlemania-stern

It's less a competition though. I like the graphics in the previous post a lot too. It's all iconic. 

Updated the English language card. It's available at Inkochnito's site at the same link:

1. Replace the lads in the band with ones in the German card from pinball-universe.de- traced the silhouettes to vector
2. Part numbers - replace typeface and stroke to better match how it appears in the German card
3. Correct copyright - should be "product" and not "Product" - updated trademark symbol to look more like the reference
4. Black and white card - swap UK flag background for vector version
5. Completely sized and repositioned all parts of the layout for both cards to look more like the reference image that I have
6. Color cards use the swatch that I obtained directly from the supplier, Neenah Astrobrights

#78 TT11

TT11

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Kiss & Playboy, Stern Kiss & Playboy

• 360 Gamer Tag: PoundedElliepup

Posted 04 May 2024 - 11:54 PM

I do not want to sound ungrateful, but Scottywic's version looks damn good.  Maybe once it's available we might appreciate the changes in the newer version more.....