Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

• 360 Gamer Tag: Danman09!

Posted 18 August 2022 - 05:29 PM

I'm trying to setup Future Pinball on a 3 screen setup. 

Screen 1: Playfield

Screen: 2 Backglass

Screen 3: DMD

I followed Major Frenchy's instructions here:  but I'm stuck.

At minute 7:15 he runs a table and then drags the DMD with his mouse. When I run a Future Pinball table I don't see a cursor for my mouse on any monitor? I've tries clicking, moving mouse, hitting keys but I have no mouse cursor at all while the table is running. I tried to search this with Google but the only results I have found where for Visual Pinball (hit ALT + Tab) but this doesn't work in Future Pinball for me either.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

#2 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,926 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:14 PM

Check TerryRed's FP and BAM Mega Guide here...

https://pinballnirva...terryred.20407/

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#3 Danman89

Danman89

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:40 PM

Thanks, I did that yesterday word for word and got everything working. Now I am trying to setup the DMD on a 3rd monitor. I just need to know how to get my mouse cursor to display when running a table. Maybe there is some setting I missed, but I followed the instructions very closely.

Edited by Danman89, 18 August 2022 - 06:40 PM.

#4 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 18 August 2022 - 06:56 PM

https://vpuniverse.c...m0nchgtIm2Pgs34

#5 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 18 August 2022 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, I did that yesterday word for word and got everything working. Now I am trying to setup the DMD on a 3rd monitor. I just need to know how to get my mouse cursor to display when running a table. Maybe there is some setting I missed, but I followed the instructions very closely.

Just tap windows key or alt tab to something other than the table

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#6 Danman89

Danman89

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:13 PM

So strange. Tried that but still nothing. The screen goes black and then comes back on, but still no mouse cursor. I press the windows key, the start menu opens and I can see the cursor in the start menu, but when I roll over to the table it disappears again. I can see the cursor on the 3rd monitor, but not on the back glass or table. So frustrating. I followed the instructions above to the letter. I installed dmdtext-v1.10.2-x64. But still can't see the cursor to move the DMD. So frustrating. 

Edited by Danman89, 18 August 2022 - 08:14 PM.

#7 Danman89

Danman89

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:36 PM

Ok, I'm a rookie. Hopefully my errors will help others. Assuming you have followed TerryReds instructions/Major Frenchy's video to the letter...

1. I could only adjust the DMD in Future Pinball the with the PinUp Popper front end open while running a game. NOT by just opening Future Pinball standalone running a game.

2. Still can't see the mouse cursor on the table or backglass, but could see it on the 3rd monitor and was able to properly adjust the DMD from there. 

#8 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:51 PM

Ok, I'm a rookie. Hopefully my errors will help others. Assuming you have followed TerryReds instructions/Major Frenchy's video to the letter...

1. I could only adjust the DMD in Future Pinball the with the PinUp Popper front end open while running a game. NOT by just opening Future Pinball standalone running a game.

2. Still can't see the mouse cursor on the table or backglass, but could see it on the 3rd monitor and was able to properly adjust the DMD from there. 

The DMD probably did not appear when launching via stand alone, as DMDEXT has to be called up to run
You would have to make a bat file to hand launch it and insert the gamename

What you did was fine though

The reason you cant see the mouse on the table or backglass is because they are probably running
in an exclusive screen mode and dont show the mouse cursor on top.
VPX does same thing but B2S does not, in FP the backglass is part of FP

If you take 1 DMD, does not matter which one, with it sitting on the 3rd screen, then right click and save globally
then ALL dmd's will 1st arrive in that spot always, even new DMD's that it does not know yet
and then you can tinker with them easily

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#9 Danman89

Danman89

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:36 PM

Yep, makes sense. Got what was never broke working. ;-) Ha! Thanks for the help. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Future Pinball, DMD, Three Screens