#181 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 16 April 2023 - 08:10 AM

Can DOFlinx be used with the fairly new release of Pinball FX (not 2 or 3 but the new one).   thanks

Slydog, not yet.  I was waiting for the Steam version before tackling it.  I must look at the current release schedule for that.

DDH69,  I don't want to be that guy, but I'll be that guy  :pokey:   Any word on PinballFX support since it is now released on Steam?

Thanks,

Boroka

That OK  :friends: I plan to have a look shortly (I started a bit of reading last night).  I'm in the middle of large renovations at present including my workshop.  Have 2 weeks off work to build stuff and almost at the end of a series of 10 hour days ....... it's a nice workshop though  :dblthumb: .  Will likely start a thread on this shortly.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#182 drForce

drForce

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: xenon

Posted 21 June 2023 - 07:20 PM

A question about using Doflinx for FX3. Using DOF with VPX is clear and working. But if you only want to play FX3 and no VPX or FP what would be the easies/simplest way of installing? I understand I first need a working version of DOF.  My question: Is it possible to install DOF and DOFLINX without VPX or FP?  If I want to use force feedback and only play FX3 how to  install DOF/DOFLINX? 

Thanks!

#183 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 22 June 2023 - 07:55 AM

A question about using Doflinx for FX3. Using DOF with VPX is clear and working. But if you only want to play FX3 and no VPX or FP what would be the easies/simplest way of installing? I understand I first need a working version of DOF.  My question: Is it possible to install DOF and DOFLINX without VPX or FP?  If I want to use force feedback and only play FX3 how to  install DOF/DOFLINX? 

Thanks!

Yes you can have DOF and DOFLinx without VPX or FP.

1. Install DOF as per standard instructions
  2. Do your DOF config for your output device and toys via the web tool, download, etc
  3. Add DOFLinx
  4. Add Steam FX3
  5. Done

If you are using animated backglasses then you will need to install the B2SServer.  Again follow the normal installation for this, you can install this in any folder.  The default instructions have VP as the folder, its fine there or any other folder you like.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#184 OscarSNM

OscarSNM

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Space Invaders

Posted 08 July 2023 - 11:01 PM

Hi

I've read all this posts (not intensive but read it anyway) and can't find what I'm looking for. I've read that is possible to control nudge on FX3 using DOF, so, that's what I want to do, but most of the post are centered on flashers, soleniods, leds and other things that I don't use. I have B2S working. 

The reason why I wanna do this is that I use my KL25Z on keyboard mode, so x360ce don't works on that mode. I use key mode because PinCabView2D that can't make it works on joystick mode. So, if someone could help me to make works this, I'll be very gratefull

Sorry my english, I'm from Argentina and I'm not using translator this time.

#185 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 03:32 AM

Hi

I've read all this posts (not intensive but read it anyway) and can't find what I'm looking for. I've read that is possible to control nudge on FX3 using DOF, so, that's what I want to do, but most of the post are centered on flashers, soleniods, leds and other things that I don't use. I have B2S working. 

The reason why I wanna do this is that I use my KL25Z on keyboard mode, so x360ce don't works on that mode. I use key mode because PinCabView2D that can't make it works on joystick mode. So, if someone could help me to make works this, I'll be very gratefull

Sorry my english, I'm from Argentina and I'm not using translator this time.

Here's the one you want to work through https://www.vpforums...showtopic=42325

DOFLinx

#186 OscarSNM

OscarSNM

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Space Invaders

Posted 09 July 2023 - 08:44 PM

Thanks, DDH69. I'll try it right now!!!

#187 criptonite

criptonite

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Fishtales

Posted 28 April 2024 - 06:24 AM

Is there a guide to setup Doflinx for Mame?

#188 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 06:28 AM

Yes, its in the DOFLinx.zip installation pack in the \guides folder

DOFLinx

#189 criptonite

criptonite

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Fishtales

Posted 03 May 2024 - 05:14 AM

Yes, its in the DOFLinx.zip installation pack in the \guides folder

I tried it and can not get it to work

#190 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 07:47 AM

I tried it and can not get it to work

Start a support thread with details of your specific issue, your setup and what you've tried and one of the helpful folk around here will right along to assist.

DOFLinx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOFLinx