Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Hanz FSS ( Full Single Screen ) VPX LED Re-Creations

FSS hanzoverfist Full Single Screen LED MOD MOD VPX

  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#101 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

Hi! Great stuff you did..

 

I'm very interested in the changes you had to make to VPX itself, cause we should incorporate these into the main branch i think, so that these do not get lost. Do you have a repository on your own somewhere? Or a patch?



#102 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hi! Great stuff you did..

 

I'm very interested in the changes you had to make to VPX itself, cause we should incorporate these into the main branch i think, so that these do not get lost. Do you have a repository on your own somewhere? Or a patch?

 

yeah I have been already thinking about that, and others have mentioned it too, believe it or not its actually not any big deal,  I only touched on one shader to get transparency in the DMD, and another area to get the, video options/ table position and aspect stuff.  Otherwise the graphics you see here are what VPX can already do, so I have been experimenting with the new VPX modeler to test and showoff its capabilities, and I have to say you devs have done a bang up job, I'm very impressed at the new graphics of your DX9 implementation.. it has really come a heck of a long way from VP9...

 

Nick


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#103 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Thanks!

 

So if you feel like sharing the code already, please go ahead! If it needs some additional UI component-hook-ups (new parameters, etc) i can also do that for you if you want.



#104 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

@toxie sounds good I will get all of that rounded up , and yes I would appreciate the UI changes being handled by you.

 

 

 

here is the final of Spectrum.. I added tiny little lights to the backglass that switch on and off when the lights on the table change... its a nice feature.

EDIT: and it has a nice brushed metallic copper finish to it.

 

EDIT2: Also I must comment on 32assasins choice in tables , they are very interesting, some of them to look at, just seem boring...but man when you play them you realize he makes very particular choices.. and this table is no different , its a bizarre  and unique table that is really fun.    And again to 32Assassin, my hat off to you for making this table..

 

Attached File  Spectrum Clipboard-1.png   1.03MB   7 downloads


Edited by hanzoverfist, 29 March 2017 - 06:02 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#105 fuzzel

fuzzel

    spaghetti code

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

Damn how could I miss this interesting thread :D Good job hanzoverfist! And I can only second what Toxie wrote...that stuff should be in the main trunk and we are ready for a 10.3 beta phase aren't we ;)



#106 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

awesome! would be extremely awesome if you could get these packaged up tomorrow cause i have a bit of time left to do the UI stuff on friday/saturday then.



#107 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

awesome! would be extremely awesome if you could get these packaged up tomorrow cause i have a bit of time left to do the UI stuff on friday/saturday then.

 

will be in your PM very shortly..


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#108 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,384 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

This remember be of what Rascal did a few years back. But he didn't ask permission and he got crucified :)

 

Anyway, what I wanted to say is why you need a new exe when you can get that view by simply adding an invisible wall outside the table, and set the height to about 1400. That will push the table back and you'll see the backglass. Back in VP6 and VP7 time we did that (to add a high wall) to show the dmd om top of the table, and if you didn't want the dmd there then you simply removed that high wall. At that time VP didn't have zoom capabilities nor rotation.

 

So, load a FSS table in the normal VPX, add a wall, outside the table, make the height 1400, run the table. Then you see the backglass. The view is not 100% the same, but change a little the backdrop parameters and it will be perfect.

 

edit: Rascal used the FS rotated view to play the tables, and they were a nice alternative to the people with only one screen.


Edited by jpsalas, 30 March 2017 - 02:52 AM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#109 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

thanks JP.. yeah I know you can do that but  I wasn't sure if that would work in all scenarios and I wasn't going to test that, so I did a bit of coding and it was easy and less messy. and I added transparent DMD too, and a few other goodies.. but I do like the fact you can trick VP that way.. it makes it fun, even my stuff a lot of tricks!


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#110 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

Thanks JP for the hint! But i think that it could really make sense to make this more easily possible without 'cheating', so as hanz said less messy.



#111 Mark70

Mark70

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Godzilla 70th anniv. T2, Jack*Bot, ToM, ST-2013, Pinball Champ 82

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Added a brief tutorial video on youtube to show how to switch from landscape to portrait video modes and how its achieved, this is for FSS pinball tables only. I filmed it with a camera rather than screen capture software for reason I won't get into, only to say that it's obviously not as clear as a screen capture.

 

Hi, it is a bit an off topic question, but is it possible to build these awesome Highspeed backglass flashlights on a regular DB2S Backglass? 

It looks really good, and would be cool for the cabinet.  
 



#112 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

B2S is more limited with its blending functionality to my knowledge.



#113 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

yeah B2S needs an upgrade.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#114 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

I have been very so very busy..  So these are all the new FSS releases I am working on.. BTW good news.. FSS has fully been integrated in the main branch of the source and will now be available to everyone as of build 10.3.0 thx vpforums and toxie for making that possible... I feel the water works coming on... nah just kidding.. 

 

So The backglass stuff is out of the way only the table lighting to deal with... yay!!! no more photoshoping!!! 

 

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to mention, DrDude and Bugs will happen but not until wrd1972 does his new physics stuff on them .. so still pending...

 

High Speed, Spectrum, Firepower, Space Station, and Monster Bash

 

Attached File  high speed Clipboard-1.png   1.11MB   14 downloadsAttached File  Spectrum Clipboard-1.png   942.01KB   11 downloadsAttached File  firepower Clipboard-1.png   831.96KB   10 downloadsAttached File  space station Clipboard-4.png   834.74KB   11 downloadsAttached File  monster bash Clipboard-5.png   905.36KB   11 downloads

 

Lord of the rings, Nascar, Pinball Magic, Taxi, and Fathom

 

Attached File  LOTR Clipboard-1.png   779.8KB   10 downloadsAttached File  nascar Clipboard-6.png   789.82KB   9 downloadsAttached File  pinball magic Clipboard-1.png   864.78KB   10 downloadsAttached File  Taxi Clipboard-1.png   791.43KB   10 downloadsAttached File  fathom Clipboard-1.png   1.01MB   10 downloads

 

Victory, Defender, Medieval madness, and Batman

 

Attached File  victory Clipboard-1.png   796.57KB   14 downloadsAttached File  defender Clipboard-2.png   783.06KB   16 downloadsAttached File  medieval madness Clipboard-1.png   869.94KB   14 downloadsAttached File  batman Clipboard-1.png   1.03MB   13 downloads


Edited by hanzoverfist, 03 April 2017 - 12:06 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#115 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

They really look great!!

Your work is appreciated Sir.

Carry on.


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#116 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

So my video card on my dev machine went belly up.. will be on a break for a bit.  


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#117 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

sorry to hear that!  :/

but thanks already for updating all these tables!!  :)



#118 rascal

rascal

    two-faced as they come

  • VIP
  • 1,378 posts
  • Location:Indiana USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Bally Eight Ball



Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

This remember be of what Rascal did a few years back. But he didn't ask permission and he got crucified :)

I asked permission for all the tables I converted, JP. Don't you remember me PMing you asking for permission? I even made patches so that the users would have to download the original tables from the original authors so they would get their credit as being the original author. Then they would patch them to convert them to my view. I don't know where I was crucified... I must have missed something. I always respect the authors.

 

Edit: I still have several of the PMs and their replies asking permission to release my converted tables, if it becomes an issue. I think all of you know me enough to know I would do all I could to respect the authors. I couldn't get an answer from GRONI on his, but UncleWilly told me that GRONI gave a blanket permission to allow mods. Now you got me worried that I stepped on some toes... I hope not.


Edited by rascal, 04 April 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Posted Image


#119 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

Rascal-

 

He was probably confusing you with Nicky Special.  I recall he released several of his tables without permission and got severly crucified.  I also recall several authors ended up locking their tables because of him.

 

@hanzoverfist - I really like what you are doing with these.  Can't wait to see what you can do with EM tables using this method.


Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#120 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

Yes 1 EM table is coming..


space-invader-wheel1_t.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSS, hanzoverfist, Full Single Screen, LED MOD, MOD, VPX