Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Scarface - Balls and Power FS


  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yes, the next player can use all that the first player has achieved, it is how I have programmed the table. If one player lock 2 balls, the next player can lock one ball and get the multiball :)


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#62 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

    Belgian do it better !

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

  • Flag: Belgium

  • Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

OK, almost its clear ;)

 

++ JP


Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )


#63 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Yes, the next player can use all that the first player has achieved, it is how I have programmed the table. If one player lock 2 balls, the next player can lock one ball and get the multiball :)

 

Scarface is my favorite table for quite a while now, and is basically the only table I play currently (next to installing new tables and trying them out). 

 

It seems to builds up achievements even playing one player games. This table is only played by me and I would like to have a reset after each game to be sure nothing remains from a previous game. I now just exit the game and re-enter but it would be nice to have an easy permanent fix.

Any solution? Thanks :)


Edited by TedB, 18 July 2013 - 07:12 PM.


#64 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

I checked the script and I think I found the location where I need to put the restart / re-initializing code. Line 1274. I was hoping for an easy good old basic option 'goto 10' but VB doesn't work like that. Calling a sub routine table1_init() that was already defined gave an error message (also tried table1_init(1) ) 

No luck. Definitely missing some basic scripting knowledge. Feel free to educate me ;)



#65 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

I checked the script and I think I found the location where I need to put the restart / re-initializing code. Line 1274. I was hoping for an easy good old basic option 'goto 10' but VB doesn't work like that. Calling a sub routine table1_init() that was already defined gave an error message (also tried table1_init(1) ) 

No luck. Definitely missing some basic scripting knowledge. Feel free to educate me ;)

 

I think you have misunderstood something or I have forgot to reset something :) But, what doesn't reset after a new game? What I was talking about is that if there are, for example, 2 players playing a game and the first player locks a ball, then the second player can use that locked ball. But when the game is over everything should start from 0 again. So each new game starts you from the beginning, no need to stop VP and start it again, but if there is something that doesn't reset then just tell me and I'll fix it :)

 

JP


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#66 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

I have noticed that the 'sell yeyo' lights were still burning after games and I also encountered that with the 'Bank mode'. 

I only saw the lights still burn at the start of a new game and did a reset. Not tested if the logic was also impacted. Now I just restart after every game to be sure my score is 'fair' :)



#67 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

I have noticed that the 'sell yeyo' lights were still burning after games and I also encountered that with the 'Bank mode'. 

I only saw the lights still burn at the start of a new game and did a reset. Not tested if the logic was also impacted. Now I just restart after every game to be sure my score is 'fair' :)

That's strange, I have never seen that happening. I guess I need to play the table a little more and see if those lights don't get reset. I have taken a look the code and they should do that.

The yeyo run should reset the lights when you loose the last multiball, and the bank should reset the lights when loosing the ball in play.


Edited by jpsalas, 21 July 2013 - 01:20 AM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#68 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Strange indeed. Could there be differences between versions? I am not sure anymore what version I am using right now, but I am playing the FS version on a cabinet. 

Don't want you to spend time on something that might just be an incorrect version. I think I installed this one http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7467  but it could also be the one in this post. 

I will download the version in this post to be sure we are checking the same table, try again and let you know in a week or so if this helped. The issue doesn't appear every game, so it needs some longer playtesting. I will then also check exactly when it happens to give you a better bug report. 

 

Thanks


Edited by TedB, 21 July 2013 - 08:17 AM.


#69 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes I am now pretty sure http://www.vpforums....showfile=7467  is the version that I am using. I will add this comment in the relevant thread. Maybe luvthatapex changed something in that version that can explain it. 



#70 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi JP, I did some more testing and now also compared your version and the b2s version. 

They both have something you can already spot easily. Hit the bank on the left, let the balls go and try again. You will see the bank light(s) are still on the next game you will play. 

I also noticed once the B went from off to on after hitting the skillshot (car) without hitting the B. That only happened once though, but just thought I should mention it. 

Hope this helps you finding some error and they will be all related so an easy fix. Of course please let me know if you need more playtesting. 



#71 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'll take a look at the script, I'm sure I forgot to reset those lights.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#72 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

To restart the BANK lights after the game is over you need to add InitBank at the end of the "Sub Initialize", like this

 

Sub Initialize   ' First Ball

...

...

    InitEvents
    InitEasterEgg
    InitBank
End Sub

 

I guess I forgot to add it :)

 

JP


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#73 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thanks JP! I adjusted the script and indeed the lights reset after each game. I will do some more playtesting to see if there are more issues. 



#74 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Today one ball was stuck beneath the car  :wacko:

It happened after a skillshot that ended exactly at the position of the 'valve'. Lost the ball and only after pressing the tilt a couple of times I saw it moving under the car. 

 

Not a big deal, I have played this game a lot and this never happened before but I thought I should mention it. 

Still not managed to add my name in the highscore list.. Came close once, but couldn't handle the pressure :) 



#75 coelbox

coelbox

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 110 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: .

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

are there also rom files for scarface?

Do you have a link for all the rom files.

Thanks



#76 htamas

htamas

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,231 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway



Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

No ROM needed, it's an original table.



#77 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

It took me a while but today I managed to beat a high score on the table - unfortunately resulted in a crash of the table. Line 1589 Variable is undefined "HighScoreFlashTimer".

Also - I am sure there are more bugs in the script especially when you start more than one mode and multiballs. Problem with identifying those bugs is that it is impossible during playing to keep an eye on everything.  Some examples of issues that recently happened: modes I finalized got unchecked / modes suddenly started / extra ball light still on after playing a game.



#78 Leechfreak

Leechfreak

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location:Breda, The Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: simpsons

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Leechfreak1

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:42 AM

Hi when I start the table on my cabinet, the table is horizontal and not vertical.

How can I change it as I really would love to play this table...

Thx guys



#79 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,158 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra



Contributor

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

You need the desktop version of the table, not the FS (full screen cab) version

http://www.vpforums....s&showfile=7288

#80 Leechfreak

Leechfreak

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location:Breda, The Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: simpsons

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Leechfreak1

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

You need the desktop version of the table, not the FS (full screen cab) version

http://www.vpforums....s&showfile=7288

I have a 3 screen cabinet, I will try gtxjoe

thx