Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Independence Day VP9.9 [VP 9.x Desktop]


  • Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#41 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Nealtron @ Aug 15 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.vbs error? Make sure to copy B2Bcollision to your tables directory and that you are using the latest sega file.

Nealtron, have you tried this with a uvp? The only time I get a vbs error is with the UVP. I am pretty sure I am using the latest sega.vbs.

Edited by moogster66, 15 August 2010 - 07:24 PM.

I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#42 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Aug 14 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here it is the rom I have. It has the missing rom. Are you using the latest vpinmame? because this rom doesn't give me any errors.





Your rom works fine!!! Thank you very much JP!!!! You are the man!!!

Worship.gif

Nealtron, Great job! Fantastic table! But I think that the table need some flippers adjustments.


Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#43 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 823 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM



Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

Anyone got the latest Sega VBS file that I could try ??.
I have tried using all the different rom files for this - none work including the one from JP.
The strange this is, if you unzip the file the parts missing are in there ?

If Iload the table I get the option to click ok - game roms invalid, table displays no rom running.

Doing my nut now !! stunned.gif

Pinball Buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#44 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I am actually getting 2 errors when trying to use a UVP. The only reason I am bringing this up now is that when a FS version is completed, this may be an issue.

Attached Files


Edited by moogster66, 15 August 2010 - 08:15 PM.

I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#45 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (moogster66 @ Aug 15 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am actually getting 2 errors when trying to use a UVP. The only reason I am bringing this up now is that when a FS version is completed, this may be an issue.

I haven't tried this table with a UVP, but I'll ask around and see if anyone knows what needs to be done to get the table to work with one. If you resolve the issue, let me know.

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Aug 15 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whenever i've fallen behind the aliens head it has always started July 2, July 3, July 4th and thats as far as i've gotten.

Is that sequence starting for anyone else? If so, which ROM are you using?

And to pinball buzz:
Try re-downloading the table. The latest sega.vbs should have been included when you installed Visual Pinball/ VPinMame. Do other sega tables, (eg.South Park, Frankenstein), load for you?


-As I mentioned, this is my first VP table. I didn't expect it to be flawless and it is still a learning process. I don't want to start on a FS version until I fix all the bugs- so continue to let me know what they are and I'm sure together we can fix them all. Thanks again for all your help and advice!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#46 humid

humid

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 743 posts
  • Location:London Ontario

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight



Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

I've gotten the July 2-4th sequence alright. I had it happen with the older rom and the new one that JP posted.

I raised ramp 6 to 50 high, ramp13 to 51-53, and ramp 17 to 53, which seems to stop the ball from sticking behind the alien. I played 5 games after making adjustments and had no stuck ball so far.
I tawt I gawt a weepway

#47 Wizards_Hat

Wizards_Hat

    Pinball Fan

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Location:Manchester, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: STTNG




  • Trophies:

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Pin-Pete @ Aug 14 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My fav club is still Manchester United.

Of course it is...you're not from Manchester tongue3.gif

Regards,
Dan.
A wizard only needs one ball...but can handle six.

#48 frans

frans

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Location:Sao Paulo - Brasil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Fun House

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

Please, make this beatiful in FS, please1

#49 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (humid @ Aug 15 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've gotten the July 2-4th sequence alright. I had it happen with the older rom and the new one that JP posted.

I raised ramp 6 to 50 high, ramp13 to 51-53, and ramp 17 to 53, which seems to stop the ball from sticking behind the alien. I played 5 games after making adjustments and had no stuck ball so far.


Right on Humid, good work. I had thought the gate was the issue, no wonder I was unable to solve it! Let me know if that's not a permanent fix, otherwise I'll apply it to the next release. I wonder why on Earth I wasn't getting the July 2-5th sequence! Is anyone else not getting that sequence?

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#50 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 823 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM



Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hi Nealtron,
Got your table loaded and working fine - awesome creation, thanks and well done cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
Solved my problem with a really simple solution - due to having a dual boot system, I have still got my tables and roms in the old program files folder, aswell as in my new version on my other drive letter. I had downloaded the rom, into the original folder, not the new one. Doh !!
Lesson to everyone - check your drive letters and paths if you dual boot !!

Thanks Again,
Pinball Buzz (now happy again biggrin.gif )
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#51 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Any news on the FS version?
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#52 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:52 AM

Changes in UPDATE 1.1:

*Ball no longer sticks at gate behind AlienHead (thanks Humid)
*Left ramp fall-off hole (behind AlienHead) no longer opens AlienHead for lock
*Slowed ball launch speed and increased kick-force variation
*Lowered Center Ramp side walls for better visibility of "I" light
*Adjusted Upper Flipper end angle
*Adjusted position of ball guide next to Upper Flipper
*Adjusted gate positions, lengths, & supports
*Removed visible artifacts from far right plastics flasher
*Metal pole by Center Ramp no longer flashes when hit
*Metal poles by AlienHead no longer flash when hit


-If there are no more issues I'll start on the FS 16:9 version

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#53 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

getting the update now, Thanks Nealtron. Your ID4 gets quite a bit of play out of me. I'd say the only other thing thats kind of strange about your table is the alien spaceship is above the table's glass.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#54 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the update, Neal!!!

I will test it now!!!

dblthumb.gif

Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#55 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the update Nealtron, great work.
Posted Image

#56 frans

frans

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Location:Sao Paulo - Brasil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Fun House

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hey, make the FS for us, please!!!

#57 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

I experienced my ball getting stuck in the right ramp just now. I had to nudge the table up to get my ball out of there.


If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#58 Joe

Joe

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,379 posts
  • Location:60016

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Nealtron @ Aug 31 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Changes in UPDATE 1.1:

*Ball no longer sticks at gate behind AlienHead (thanks Humid)
*Left ramp fall-off hole (behind AlienHead) no longer opens AlienHead for lock
[/i]

still not working right it does not to the day thing when you hit that shot.

#59 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hi Nealtron!

Any news on the FS version of this beautiful table (or is it still issues to be solved)? wub.gif

3rs054-6.png


#60 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

FS Release?
I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image