Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Capcom Kingpin WIP


  • Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#41 Joe

Joe

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,378 posts
  • Location:60016

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (computerfrk1 @ Nov 20 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's unusual maybe it should be done with todays games mfg's might get better rules trying to use such a feature

Maybe not there are many games on site with weak flippers as no one fixes them and you want the game to make them even weaker at times?

#42 marv75

marv75

    Master of Nothing

  • Silver Supporter
  • 1,092 posts
  • Location:Ohio

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

Great news Noah! smile.gif
VPF The Premiere Pinball Site








#43 JimWeinstein

JimWeinstein

    Hobbyist

  • Charter Member
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Western NY

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: why restrict myself?

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

Any news on KingPin? I'm really looking forward to this table? biggrin.gif

Jim


#44 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (JimWeinstein @ Mar 21 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any news on KingPin? I'm really looking forward to this table? biggrin.gif

Jim


I know I'm not UncleReamus or Noah, but right now they both have there hands full w/ things in real life outside of VP. Noah has been very ill latley and I pray he gets better. UncleReamus I'm not sure but I think he does go to school and probably works a full-time job.

They still have T2 in production.

There tables take time to make so just be patient and I'm sure KingPin will see the light of day someday. It will definitely be worth the wait as w/ all their tables even if it takes them 1 or 2 years to make.

So in the mean time just play the excellent VP8 version of KingPin that Destruk and UncleReamus created. I'm sure its available here for download.

Edited by vic viper, 21 March 2010 - 04:49 PM.

SHOOT THE CORE

#45 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

It's still in the works.

I didn't think T2 would take this long, and it's still not done.

As for Kingpin, the issue here is perfecting the 'Sudden Death' mode. It'll take some trial and error to nail that for its final release.

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#46 JimWeinstein

JimWeinstein

    Hobbyist

  • Charter Member
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Western NY

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: why restrict myself?

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

This is the first I've heard of Noah's health. Sorry to hear that. I wasn't trying to push. I was just curious and I'm really excited about the possibility of playing this one on my cabinet. I love the VP8 version. That's why I'm so glad that Noah and UW are doing a VP9 version. You guys do GREAT work!

Jim


#47 destruk

destruk

    VPF Veteran

  • VPF Staff
  • 6,338 posts
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!



Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

Yeah Noah, I hope you recover from "Sudden Death" soon so you can finish this table.

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.


#48 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 823 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM



Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Never played this table before Noah - nice choice of project,
Cheers Buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#49 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

You have UncleReamus to thank for the choice of project!

I hope to get more motivated on table releases here, before UR has my head!

hanged.gif

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#50 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 823 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM



Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Will send him a virtual beer next time I catch him in chat happy.gif
Just downloaded the vp8 version - nice table - your updated vp9 for FS will be alot of fun. drinks.gif
Buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#51 luvthatapex

luvthatapex

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,435 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Tron



Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

Any news on Kingpin? I would love to play this fullscreen with the UVP backglass!

Regards, LTA

#52 JimWeinstein

JimWeinstein

    Hobbyist

  • Charter Member
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Western NY

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: why restrict myself?

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Bump! smile.gif

#53 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

first i've seen this wip pic...looks great
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#54 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

i would love to see this one finished

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#55 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ Jan 1 2011, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would love to see this one finished


To be honest, I'd love to see any of UR + Noah's FS tables finshed. whistle.gif

Edited by bent98, 01 January 2011 - 06:33 PM.


#56 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

It'll probably be a while before this one sees the light of day. Noah doesn't do anything that might have some flaws, so it'll take quite some time till a prototype table is finished.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#57 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

**hint** **hint** when the new version of VP comes out, there will be some new tables dropping into our hands...
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#58 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Aha. Nice to know - I guess this is what I get when I don't ask about stuff like this. I miss out on some sweet info.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#59 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,239 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (luvthatapex @ Sep 27 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any news on Kingpin? I would love to play this fullscreen with the UVP backglass!

Regards, LTA



My too! wink.gif UVP BG already available! smile.gif

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#60 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Jan 1 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**hint** **hint** when the new version of VP comes out, there will be some new tables dropping into our hands...


Is there an ETA on when a new VP may be out?