Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Hanz FSS ( Full Single Screen ) VPX LED Re-Creations

FSS hanzoverfist Full Single Screen LED MOD MOD VPX

  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#41 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

I have my screen resolution set at 1360x768.

If I set it any higher it goes off the screen.

 

The highest on my slider is 1920x1080, but that pushes the screen out beyond borders and makes it not usable.

 

The monitor is a 32" Vizio LED 720p


Edited by xenonph, 18 March 2017 - 02:12 AM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#42 FreeLunch

FreeLunch

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Location:California, US

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Timeshock!

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

I may have to wait a bit before I can buy a rotating stand, but I briefly looked at BOP sideways and it looks like everything displays correctly. I can't have much fun with it yet until I don't have to tilt my head lol, but I'll give feedback when I can have a proper experience with it.



#43 AFearth

AFearth

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

  • Flag: El Salvador

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

Really cool!

 


Edited by AFearth, 18 March 2017 - 08:30 AM.


#44 BamBam

BamBam

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Mars Attacks

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Thank you.  I look forward to trying it out



#45 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

I think you did a great job for all the desktop users, thanks for that!  I made a little video:

 


Edited by laylow, 18 March 2017 - 10:41 PM.


#46 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

With the additions of Flupper1's Wonderful Diner and unclewillies really nice Bad Cats, this will complete phase 1 of my FSS MODs for Desktop , now onto Phase 2.  


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#47 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

I think this is so good, I make a special section on my Youtubechannel and add them all :)  :otvclap:

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by laylow, 20 March 2017 - 08:19 AM.


#48 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Too bad, Congo, Fun House, TOM, TOTAN, BBB crash at start :(

 

 

 

Big Guns doesn't launch ball at a start.



#49 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Too bad, Congo, Fun House, TOM, TOTAN, BBB crash at start :(

 

 

 

Big Guns doesn't launch ball at a start.

 

First thanks for the attention you are giving my little effort, and most of all thanks for this feedback, I can only make one recommendation for this problem, please re-download those specific tables and do not use a download accelerator if you are using one . I know congo works because others have tried it, so something other is at play here. Also everything in every table is the same nothing different or particular in any one table so they should either all work or all fail.

 

EDIT: Also you are making videos and watching them editing them so on and so forth, then paying another table, recycle and repeat... is it possible you had a crashed visual pinball in the background you are not aware of, in the end what I mean is start new and reboot your PC.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 19 March 2017 - 02:31 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#50 ScottyVH

ScottyVH

    Novice player, but love the game!

  • Silver Supporter
  • 443 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire, Simpson's Pinball Party

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

This is AMAZING!  Great idea, and incredible work, hanzoverfist!  I think this is really going to change the way desktop view tables are built and played.   Also, I also could not get a ball in the shooting lane for Big Guns.


test5.gif


#51 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

@Scotty and Laylow, so with 2 peeps making the same remarks cannot be ignored.. I have modified the Big Guns table and lowered the z scale.. I can't think of anything else. Here is a new link, I have also modified the link on the top of the thread.

 

https://www.dropbox.... [FSS].rar?dl=0


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#52 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

I'll give it a try tonight!  



#53 ScottyVH

ScottyVH

    Novice player, but love the game!

  • Silver Supporter
  • 443 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire, Simpson's Pinball Party

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for giving that a try, hanzoverfist.   Unfortunately, the problem is still there (the ball never appears in the shooting lane).  I poked around a bit to see what I could find out.  I moved the apron out of the way and adjusted the table settings so I could see where the ball was.  However, the ball never appears anywhere after starting a game.  I compared this to other games, and in those cases the ball appears and ejects out of the BallRelease kicker.  In your Big Guns table, the ball never appears there at all.  Does this give you any ideas?


test5.gif


#54 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Same here.

The ball never comes out of Ball Release Kicker in Big Guns.

I even moved the Ball Release Kicker to center of plunger lane, center of playfield so no obstructions. No ball ever comes out of it.


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#55 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

that's really odd.. because it works for me.. lolz.. have any of you tried the original big guns posted in this thread by 32assassin:

 

 

oops wrong thread fixed now.

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=11675


Edited by hanzoverfist, 19 March 2017 - 08:50 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#56 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

yes on the original table ball comes out of ball release kicker.


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#57 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

No luck with the tables but I get a crash.txt file:

 

Crash report VPX rev2884
============
Process: vpinballxfss.exe
Reason: 0xE0434352 - UNKNOWN at 0023:7500C54F
Thread ID: 0xAE0 [2784]
 
Call stack
==========
7500C54F KERNELBASE.dll RaiseException + 0x58 (0xFFFFFFFFE0434352 0x00000000 0x00000005 0x5120fbd4)
6302E855 clr.dll CreateHistoryReader + 0x19025A (0x7E29064A 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x546723e8)
62E70D78 clr.dll CorDllMain + 0xAC (0x632C0000 0x64260000 0x7E298716 0x56313aa0)
641ECCDA mscoreei.dll CorDllMainWorkerForThunk + 0x9F (0x632C0000 0x76E31222 0x5120FC88 0x641f139a)
64213F0C mscoreei.dll GetTargetForVTableEntry + 0x1A (0x3D3407E4 0x0000007F 0xFFFFFFFFFFF5E000 0x545dcfd0)
641F139A mscoreei.dll ND_WU1 + 0xFD8 (0x546C41D4 0x0000004A 0x5469DEE8 0x546723e8)
542B6CAD vpinmame.dll (0x776DE172 0x00000013 0x5120FDA4 0x00000000)
776DE40C ntdll.dll RtlInitUnicodeString + 0x164 (0x00000013 0x5120FDA4 0x00000000 0x00000000)
776DE172 ntdll.dll RtlAllocateHeap + 0xAC (0x0BA00D67 0x5625C778 0x00000AA8 0x5625c750)
 
Environment
===========
Date/time: 19/3/2017, 22:24:56:532
Number of CPUs: 8
Processor type: 586
System: Unknown Windows version - 6.1 (Service Pack 1)
 
Memory status
=============
Total Reserved: 134720K (131M) bytes
Total Commited: 1463280K (1428M) bytes
Total Free: 2596240K (2535M) bytes
Largest Free: 2096384K (2047M) bytes
 
Registers
=========
EAX=5120FB68 EBX=546723E8 ECX=00000005 EDX=00000000
ESI=00000000 EDI=5120FBE8 EBP=00000000 ESP=5120FD14 EIP=7500DEE7
FLG=00000212 CS=0023 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B
 
 
Failed to save minidump.


#58 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

So got another PC setup and setup VP on it, and was able to reproduce the failed ball kicker issue in Big Guns thank the gods for that.. no luck with crashing though. all tables work again...


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#59 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:01 AM

What was the issue on the ball kicker?

I tried everything to get that ball to pop out.

Thanks for all these great mods you are making!!

I have been using the other method for Desktop Table users with one monitor, and you have to use the Always-on-Top app to keep dB2S backglass on same screen as table.

Yes the playfield and backglass are bigger when using this method i describe in my tutorial, but having to use that Always-on-Top app gets old, specially if you want to play a bunch of tables in a short period of time.

I am willing to sacrifice playfield size for convenience of not having to use the Always-on-Top app with your mods.

Can't wait for more!!

You really have did a great job on all these!!


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#60 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

Ok this should be good for Big Guns: had 1 line of code that I added and then did not implement further and that caused all that mess... but on my dev machine works without fail!!!! 

 

https://www.dropbox.... [FSS].rar?dl=0 

 

thanks for all the feedback guys, your help is immeasurable.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSS, hanzoverfist, Full Single Screen, LED MOD, MOD, VPX