Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dr Dude (Midway 1990) [Visual Pinball X]

bally midway comic silverball 1990 dude

  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 N3roflint

N3roflint

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Fake PInball

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:10 AM

 

does this table use the normal orange animated dmd? for me it has just the oldschool scorecounter with the 4 digits and even that only in desktopmode. no dmd or anything in cabinet mode. also no music or anything, i hear just the rolling of the ball. is that normal? all other tables run fine. i use just one rotated screen for pinball gaming.

DD is an Alpha Numeric display pin. It does not used a DMD.

 

As for the missing sounds. I am leaning toward saying there must be an issue on your side. I believe that if there were an issue with the sound of the table, then it would have been posted several times in this thread or the WIP thread. That said...from time to time, the sound effects do disappear when playing tables but when I restart VP10, the issue resolves itself. Might be a bug.


Any feedbacks from the latest rev to address the Mixmaster issues?

 

 

I played the latest rev for hours today with absolutely no problems with the Mixmaster. The changes you made work and hopefully no others are having issues either. Thanks for everything wrd1972 this is an amazing table.



#42 Nemo

Nemo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,283 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:11 AM

Yup i'm playing latest revision, still no probs, played for about an hour, rocksolid !


Gone fishin', no really.......

My F14 Cab http://www.vpforums....showtopic=21820

My Coffee Table http://www.vpforums....topic=25407&hl=

My Jukebox WIP http://www.vpforums....topic=23825&hl=


#43 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

wrd, do you upload a 1.1 here later ?



#44 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Your assistance is very much appreciated. I will upload the revised rev to the site in the next day or two. There are a couple of screws a want to fix first.

 

So ideally, I want the existing release to be removed since its defective. And only show the revised rev. How do I make that happen?


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#45 StevOz

StevOz

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,721 posts
  • Location:Nirvana

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff



Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

Excellent indeed and I can confirm the latest revision does fix the mix, oho and my take upon the DT settings...

 

dd_t.jpg


Files I have uploaded here...

 

http://www.vpforums....ownloads&mid=34


logoshort.gif


#46 N3roflint

N3roflint

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Fake PInball

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

 

So ideally, I want the existing release to be removed since its defective. And only show the revised rev. How do I make that happen?

 

I don't think that they remove the old revisions they just add the newest revision alongside it and you would have to make a note saying that the old revision didn't work 100% due to the mixmaster problem. Although the admin might remove old version if asked? I'm just going by how the other revised tables have been set up in the past here.



#47 DKong

DKong

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 600 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:45 AM

wrd,

I played the latest revision on both vpx 10.0 final and latest 10.1 beta.  The mix master ball flying in odd places DID show up on my first two shots up that ramp.  But strangely, I can't seem to get it replicate now.  The ball now drops down the metal drop ramp as it should. 

 

I'll play it some more and see if I notice the strange ball behavior.  This is a fun table, especially with the customizable items you put in the script.  Thanks for all your hard work!



#48 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

thanks for the update

 

mixmaster is better now

 

I managed to get my initials in the top 4 in forth place with over 4million

The highest I got the dude-o-meter was to party dude, I'm getting better

Now if I can only get that Gazillion shot then I will all be set

 

hey, you a dweeb

hey, you a dork

 

this never gets old


SHOOT THE CORE

#49 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

I went ahead and submitted this latest rev to the site since since the MM issue is considerably better. Might take it a few days to be approved. Few other minor tweaks as well like revising DT backdrop to StevOz suggestion.


Edited by wrd1972, 18 April 2016 - 02:04 PM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#50 RogerRoger

RogerRoger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway HS2

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:49 AM

 

Seems like alot of hard work for something that is almost unplayable. Kind of a tragedy to have to send this one straight to the recycle bin after 30 minutes of agonizing frustration in gameplay.

Whoaaa take a deep breath there Hero. Please allow me to preface by saying this is the very first table I have ever created and that your opinion of the table is clearly a minority opinion. Dont believe me...see the WIP thread. Based on your review, I will assume that you gaming rig is crap and leading to issues or you have issues and need another hobby. It is my intention to do my best and to learn how to create quality tables and produce quality tables and you comment as it was stated, does nothing to provide value to the table or this wonderful gaming community.

 

Above said...I am going to assume you just had a bad or drunk posted your comment. That said I would like to invite you to post what specific issues you are having with the table so that I can do my level best to address them so that the 700+ folks that have downloaded (and not ripped it to shreds and provided valuable feedback), can have the best possible VP experience.

 

Have a nice day.

 

-Bill

 

Thanks for being civil, I've been an asshole in the VP9 download area comments for a while now and nobody noticed. I have no excuse, but I don't intend to act this way anymore.

 

I'll have to get back to you on the issues I was having with Dr. Dude. All I can recall was getting alot of center drains.


Edited by RogerRoger, 13 May 2016 - 12:59 AM.


#51 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

RR,

Now that's welcomed criticism and helpful as well.

Thanks.

 

FTR, the real DD machine is notorious for center drains if you hit the "heart" or "bully" spot targets. That said, I do agree that there tend to be a bit more "unnatural" center drains right after some initial plunges onto the table. I have tried to tweak this with the physics of the skill shot "eye" target and other features up at the top of the table, but have never been able to do so without introducing some obvious unnatural behaviors.

 

If anyone wants to try to address this annoyance, I can add it to my next rev.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#52 RogerRoger

RogerRoger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway HS2

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

I did make some changes to this table, but did not annotate them. Let me know if you want to see them, and I'll get you a download link. Off the top of my head, I reduced difficulty to 10, removed playfield/default scatter and changed the flippers. I can get around 6 Million, so I'm happy. It looks great and I can enjoy it as you intended.



#53 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Sorry to bring up a sore subject but.... I just updated to newest version of your table and the newest version of VP 10.1 beta. Every time I get a ball into mix master it flings it out the back and disappears. Unable to continue play. I know this think has been a pain. I have a thought so this might be a dumb suggestion but maybe look at POTC table and see how that ball spinner works. Again I appreciate your table it's really good. I just can't continue to play if I hit the mix master

#54 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:58 AM

Hi Umpa,

I have been playing DD countless times and I have not had a single MM issue. Not saying there is NOT an issue though. A few others have commented on it as well. That said, I have reached my limits on trying to address it. That means it will likely take one of the more experienced authors to try to remedy the problem going forth. If anyone wants to try to fix this, have at it. Hopefully, its not totally unplayable. FTR, I have been playing in on the official release as well as the latest betas with no issues.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#55 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:10 AM

Same experience. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I haven't encountered it in at least thirty or so plays. :)

#56 Umpa

Umpa

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

Thanks wrd. For the great table I appreciate your time and work.

#57 takut

takut

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Night

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the update, will try it soon  :tup:



#58 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

Hi Umpa,

I have been playing DD countless times and I have not had a single MM issue. Not saying there is NOT an issue though. A few others have commented on it as well. That said, I have reached my limits on trying to address it. That means it will likely take one of the more experienced authors to try to remedy the problem going forth. If anyone wants to try to fix this, have at it. Hopefully, its not totally unplayable. FTR, I have been playing in on the official release as well as the latest betas with no issues.

Maybe gtxjoe will chime in, he usually flies in to solve all our problems lol. :P



#59 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

Time for a DD refresh.

 

Now that I have honed my skills a good bit more, its time to give the Doc a checkup...and a facelift. Here is whats coming:

  • New Mixmaster: Now correctly modeled with the sloped sides...and BTW, its NOT a Prim. This bitch took a long damn time to get right. Also, The ball action in the MM is a now, truly "random". Currently, the ball exit is controlled by a timer and an exit gate which lead to very consistent (almost routine) ball action. Now, the ball might stay in there a second...or maybe six seconds. Much more realistic...more random like it should be. And hopfully, no violently ejected balls. LOL
  • Improved ball and object physics: Its now not as "erratic" as before. Ball action is just better.
  • New lighting: Big improvements here and no more fog. Playfield just pops like it should.
  • Big Shot Bully animations: The Bully now shakes as he jumps up and down just like on the real machine. Thanks GTXJoe. :otvclap:
  • Various objects re-scaled to exact size.
  • Shadow layer. Thanks Haunt Freaks.

Its an all new Dude....Dude. Who wants sum?

Now ready for download.

 

Enjoy

Bill


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#60 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

Damn! It's time for the school run.... play will have to wait until I get back.  

 

Or should I make my son walk to school?  It's only 20k's ;)  


Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagram: https://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Work: http://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bally, midway, comic, silverball, 1990, dude