Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Medieval Madness VP10 WIP


  • Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#41 fuzzel

fuzzel

    spaghetti code

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:41 PM

 

Hey STAT, I know you love that game :).
If I find the time I will covert it for you.

After I take a break I would really like to do Bram Stoker ' s Dracula in VP10. I am a big fan of that game and really think it would look great with VP10 lighting. It is very moody and atmospheric and suits the new engine well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

 

Hey Dozer if you need some 3D toys for Dracula send me a PM. I have something for ya ;)



#42 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

He Dozer, what for an great news. I like the Dracula so much.


Posted Image

#43 jsncarter

jsncarter

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 42 posts
  • Location:Birmingham

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Attack from Mars, Scared Stiff, Theatre of Magic

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

Dozer you just made my day.  I love your tables.  I also love BSD.   Can't wait for that.    Medieval Madness VP10 Wip looks great.   I used to play that all the time in real life and I think you nailed the gate.   Great work, and as always.  Thanks for all you do.


jsncarter___pinball-pc.png

 


#44 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

Drac? Awesome!

#45 jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 832 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Comet



Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hey fuzzel / Dozer, if you get BSD models, can I get access to them too?  BSD has been one table I've been planning on updating from my GI8 / BMPR MOD to VP10 even since discussions of night mods from VP9x, but have been spending almost all of my VP time for months now (since the first alpha) mostly behind the scenes with fuzzel and Toxie and various testing, issue repros / reports, and source code related work.  It was one of 5 tables I'd like to get out for when VPX is finalized (with 2 at least still being released during Beta), but like I say, I haven't had the time to do both VP workloads.

 

If you're dead set on doing BSD for VPX Dozer, maybe we could collaborate and I could add my physics hybrid BMPR / tuning and a couple other things / styles I had in mind with your components and touches plus fuzzel's models?  I had generally planned on updating all my GI8 / BMPR tables to VPX but realize at this point that some will already be duplicates, which in general isn't necessarily the worst thing (different authors / modders and different tastes / preferences), but that is having a small affect on getting the motivation to even start work on them or finish off current WIPs.

 

Your work looks really nice and the time you spend on some things like the animations and small details for realism is commendable and appreciated.  



#46 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

great stuff.. as for the castle animations: i'm still waiting for somebody to do a 'remix' of a real table like MM, in the sense that one could do more than the toys of the original table could do..

e.g. for MM the castle really explodes or crumbles down or something like that.. :)



#47 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:42 AM

Hey fuzzel / Dozer, if you get BSD models, can I get access to them too?  BSD has been one table I've been planning on updating from my GI8 / BMPR MOD to VP10 even since discussions of night mods from VP9x, but have been spending almost all of my VP time for months now (since the first alpha) mostly behind the scenes with fuzzel and Toxie and various testing, issue repros / reports, and source code related work.  It was one of 5 tables I'd like to get out for when VPX is finalized (with 2 at least still being released during Beta), but like I say, I haven't had the time to do both VP workloads.

 

If you're dead set on doing BSD for VPX Dozer, maybe we could collaborate and I could add my physics hybrid BMPR / tuning and a couple other things / styles I had in mind with your components and touches plus fuzzel's models?  I had generally planned on updating all my GI8 / BMPR tables to VPX but realize at this point that some will already be duplicates, which in general isn't necessarily the worst thing (different authors / modders and different tastes / preferences), but that is having a small affect on getting the motivation to even start work on them or finish off current WIPs.

 

Your work looks really nice and the time you spend on some things like the animations and small details for realism is commendable and appreciated.  

 

Hey there,

 

Thank you for the comments.  I am a big fan of your original GI8 mod with your physics code - have logged many hours with that one.

I've had an offer from another author to do a from scratch build of the table (correct geometry / dimensions) etc. on which I could do the lighting / animation.  This would probably be a good approach to which we could add your hybrid physics code and other tweaks you had envisioned for it.  I've PM'd him to see if there is a desire for all of us to collaborate so hopefully this will work out as I think 3 team strengths would make a real cracker of a table.  

I really shouldn't have access to any editor functions that allow geometry to be built as I'm impatient and am not too concerned about it being super accurate.

In fact there should be a special build of the editor for me that looks like this :)

2fc8cfa28e4016d9756c953bcd01316d.png

 

 

 

 



  



#48 fuzzel

fuzzel

    spaghetti code

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

Good to know that such a great table is in good hands :) Jimmy check your PMs ;)



#49 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:13 PM

Last WIP video before release - table is finished, will play test for a day or two and then upload.

 

Added some subtle color to the plastic ramps tied to flashers (best seen in the middle of the video when it looks like the table is frozen for a sec.)

 

Final tweaks and checks.

 

 



#50 fuzzel

fuzzel

    spaghetti code

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

:lusty:



#51 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

Can't wait to play this beautifil lightshow. :love39:


Posted Image

#52 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

I think I will complete my cab build around this table lol ... too much awesomeness!! :dblthumb:



#53 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

Hooray! Can't wait for the release. Thanks for your amazing work, Dozer.

#54 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

Dozer Madness ... lets go :)



#55 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

Dozer - You really do have a gift for lighting. You and LoadedWeapon are genuine artists in this capacity. Such beautiful work. Thank you!

#56 chokeee

chokeee

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

  • Flag: Poland

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Dozer what is the specification of your computer?



#57 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

Dozer what is the specification of your computer?

 

Core I7 - @4ghz - GTX 980.

 

Runs fine on my Core I5 @3.8ghz  - GTX 680.



#58 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

Looks AWESOME Dozer! :D



#59 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

I'll also add to this thread.... Dang that looks nice! Thanks for doing the table will no doubt get played here!

randr___pinball.png                         


#60 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Version 1 is released  - Updates will happen at this link so please bookmark or subscribe to the VP10 table testing thread.

 

http://www.vpforums....784#entry323942