Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Theatre of Magic VP91x v2.1.1


  • Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 TuNk77

TuNk77

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM, TAF

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

Thanks for the tip JP, I did delete the unnecessary images, but I still get the same error (unable to create offscreen surface) with HW acceleration on. I will investigate more about this, updating GPU driver etc.

I will post if I find an solution wink.gif

EDIT: I tried 3 different drivers, but no luck for me with the 1.1 version, so I'll stick to the 1.0 version for now (applying the fix mentioned earlier in this thread).

I know my GPU is a little short on memory, it has only 320 MB RAM tongue.gif I want to upgrade, but I'll must get an more powerful PSU before I can buy an new GPU. But the total cost is too much for my wallet sad.gif

Edited by TuNk77, 18 July 2009 - 04:42 AM.

AvPD

#42 Liteuser

Liteuser

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TFTC

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

Amazing Skill! smile.gif

Thanks for the update JP.
The table plays as smooth as silk here. wink.gif


#43 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

Made my first Grand Finale on this table. Ridiculously easy when you consider:

A) One can score Midnight Madness from the Basement
B) Multiball is easy to get
C) THEATRE Hurryup is also easy
D) Because the others are so easy, one can concentrate on the Illusions
E) The Trunk shot isn't as unforgiving as on the other tables

If you average 3 Illusions per ball, you'll have no problem getting the Finale.

Also, can anyone confirm that there is a problem with the left loop Vanish diverter? I shot the loop a few times with everything I needed met, but Tiger Saw Multiball didn't start.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#44 vette1959

vette1959

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

Great Table JP another fine addition to the collection - I have a few questions though.
Anyone else notice this on the table:

1) The left and right slingshots seem to be disabled - there is really no kick what so ever from them. Ball just seems to glance off the rubber and that's about it.
2) The Jet Bumpers don't fire as well again the ball just seems to glance off them with out any kick.

I Saw that the Diverter issue was mentioned and fixed for the Center Loop Multiball function.

Thanks


#45 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (vette1959 @ Jul 18 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) The left and right slingshots seem to be disabled - there is really no kick what so ever from them. Ball just seems to glance off the rubber and that's about it.


No. Just no. Those slings have been firing my ball all over the table. I agree with you on the bumpers, they make Strait Jacket Escape an impossible task.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#46 vette1959

vette1959

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Jul 18 2009, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (vette1959 @ Jul 18 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) The left and right slingshots seem to be disabled - there is really no kick what so ever from them. Ball just seems to glance off the rubber and that's about it.


No. Just no. Those slings have been firing my ball all over the table. I agree with you on the bumpers, they make Strait Jacket Escape an impossible task.

The McD


Had the issues with the 1.0 version so I Downloaded the 1.1 version to see if that may correct the problem and I still don't have working slings.
Jet Bumpers still don't fire and yes the Straight Jacket Escape is impossible.

Other thing I noticed my scores always end in 00 (played the table over 35+ times and my score never ends in anything else. Impossible to even come close to any "Match"

I have no other issues with vp9 tables just this one acting strange in a way.

Thanks

PS using the ToM_13.zip rom when the table loads I also get an error report that states to check switch 32 Right Trough.

#47 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (vette1959 @ Jul 18 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other thing I noticed my scores always end in 00 (played the table over 35+ times and my score never ends in anything else. Impossible to even come close to any "Match"


Guess what, mate. The slings are the only object that scores in the two digit area. So if the slings don't fire, you won't get anything else than 00.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#48 gordon

gordon

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Location:Schleswig-Holstein/Kiel

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Many thanks for update 1.1

The table many many better for slow pc.

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

#49 vette1959

vette1959

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Jul 18 2009, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (vette1959 @ Jul 18 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other thing I noticed my scores always end in 00 (played the table over 35+ times and my score never ends in anything else. Impossible to even come close to any "Match"


Guess what, mate. The slings are the only object that scores in the two digit area. So if the slings don't fire, you won't get anything else than 00.

The McD


Well that answers that - wonder why the slings won't work. Anyway to put VP into a debugging mode? I see if I hit escape I can Select Debug Window but I don't see anything being debugged. I would assume that I need to tell the script to send an output there yes?

Thanks Again.





#50 whsemngr

whsemngr

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

JP, thanks for another excellent addition to my ever growing VPM collection. 1.0 looked and played great here. The reason why I said "looked" is since you release 1.1 and I loaded it up, I too began getting the "could not create off screen surface" message. Mind you, all my VP9 tables were loading just fine until I loaded TOM 1.1 and now NONE of my VP9 tables will load anymore as I get the error message everytime. Someone please help. Thanks. MIKE
I don't suffer from insanity........

I enjoy every minute of it........

#51 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Did you try using a lower resolution or turning off Hardware Rendering under Options?

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#52 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

I see the error in the slings, I managed to disable the Hit event in the editor for the slings, I've no idea how I managed to do that.

I also see the bumpers don't fire as they use to in 1.0. I guess it has to do with the physics change. I opted to use the the large gravity constant and reduce the slope, as PK wrote how it was in the Ultrace machines. I don't thing that is a good thing. I had never seen a ball to stop in front a rubber, and now they do, I had to nudge a little to free the ball from on top of a rubber post.. So I guess I'll be back to older settings.

I'll test a little the table with the old settings, enable the slings and I'll post a new version in a few hours. But please keep posting any other error you may find.

About the switch 32 error in the rom: yes it happens to me too. Switch 32 is part of the trough. I have checked the trough definition in the script looks ok to me, so I have no clue to why it isn't working. But the balls come out and multiball works. So I'll just ignore it for now.

JP

PS: I'll check for the "could not create offscreen surface". I'll see if I have added something odd to the table.

Edited by jpsalas, 18 July 2009 - 12:20 PM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#53 whsemngr

whsemngr

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

TheMcD : I have tried both without success, but as I stated before I've never had a problem running any table (VP8 or VP9) until I loaded TOM 1.1. As a matter of fact, I was playing TOM 1.0 just hours ago without any problem, but I can't even load that table anymore and as far as I know, I haven't changed any settings on my computer that would cause an error like this. MIKE
I don't suffer from insanity........

I enjoy every minute of it........

#54 vette1959

vette1959

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Jul 18 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see the error in the slings, I managed to disable the Hit event in the editor for the slings, I've no idea how I managed to do that.


wink.gif We all have those kind of "Coding" moments, happens somewhere between starting the work and before the 1st cup of coffee usually.

QUOTE
I also see the bumpers don't fire as they use to in 1.0. I guess it has to do with the physics change. I opted to use the the large gravity constant and reduce the slope, as PK wrote how it was in the Ultrace machines. I don't thing that is a good thing. I had never seen a ball to stop in front a rubber, and now they do, I had to nudge a little to free the ball from on top of a rubber post.. So I guess I'll be back to older settings.


I had to nudge it a few times myself to free the ball, also the Jet Bumpers aren't scoring a hit either.

QUOTE
I'll test a little the table with the old settings, enable the slings and I'll post a new version in a few hours. But please keep posting any other error you may find.


Wow.. thanks look forward to the updated one. If I see anything else I'll post.

QUOTE
About the switch 32 error in the rom: yes it happens to me too. Switch 32 is part of the trough. I have checked the trough definition in the script looks ok to me, so I have no clue to why it isn't working. But the balls come out and multiball works. So I'll just ignore it for now.


I took a stab at this figuring maybe something got set in the nVram for the ROM so I just deleted that file in the nvram directory and.... well no more error on startup.

Thanks Again smile.gif


#55 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,383 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

OK, I have updated the table to version 1.2

Slingshots are fixed now.
The bumpers should register better now. I have changed the slope back to my original settings, as I used in my other VP9 tables.

About the error "could not ...bla...bla": I have removed all the graphics that aren't needed. In the zip file you'll find two folders with extra backdrops and balls in case you want to change them.

Let's see how it works smile.gif

JP

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#56 whsemngr

whsemngr

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for the update, but I'm still getting the "could not create off screen surface" error. Looks like I can only play VP8 tables for now. I'll have to try and figure out why all of the sudden I'm not able to load VP9 tables on my computer anymore. MIKE
I don't suffer from insanity........

I enjoy every minute of it........

#57 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Another fantastic table JP! Haven't played it yet, but it looks fantastic! Will try the table during my mini-vacation.

To whsemngr: Did you try unchecking the "Use Hardware Graphics Rendering" checkbox in the editor under Options? For a lot of older graphics cards you need to uncheck Hardware Graphics Rendering in order for the table to play. The table will not look as good nor will it play optimally, but it will play for you.

Edited by ta2686, 18 July 2009 - 02:15 PM.

Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#58 whsemngr

whsemngr

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Thanks ta2686, but up until I attempted to load TOM 1.1, my graphics card was rendering VP9 tables just fine with Hardware Graphics Rendering enabled. Anyone else? MIKE
I don't suffer from insanity........

I enjoy every minute of it........

#59 gordon

gordon

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Location:Schleswig-Holstein/Kiel

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Jul 18 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I have updated the table to version 1.2

Slingshots are fixed now.
The bumpers should register better now. I have changed the slope back to my original settings, as I used in my other VP9 tables.

About the error "could not ...bla...bla": I have removed all the graphics that aren't needed. In the zip file you'll find two folders with extra backdrops and balls in case you want to change them.

Let's see how it works smile.gif

JP


Thanks for fast update
I have played and i see bumpers .... not better sad.gif


#60 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (whsemngr @ Jul 18 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks ta2686, but up until I attempted to load TOM 1.1, my graphics card was rendering VP9 tables just fine with Hardware Graphics Rendering enabled. Anyone else? MIKE


Sorry about that, whsemngr. I didn't fully read your post to The McD earlier stating that fact.

I wish I had an answer for you, but other than what I had stated I have no idea as to what is going on. I hope that maybe someone else can help you.
Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables