Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Medusa VP9 1.1


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Johanpsu

Johanpsu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, MB, TOTAN

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:09 AM



Thanks for this blowing recreation Master JP.

otvclap.gif


#22 warlord

warlord

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Location:Bela Crkva(White Church)

  • Flag: Serbia

  • Favorite Pinball: centaur, mr & mrs pacman, time line, blackout...

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

I love tales from early 80's, and this looks fantastic

#23 faralos

faralos

    VPF Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Eastern Pa,USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated




  • Trophies:

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

I'm speechless! What a beautiful table! cool.gif I can't wait to play it, once I get off of here! Great job, but you always do great stuff...!
"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs


#24 Satch

Satch

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Location:Serbia

  • Flag: Serbia

  • Favorite Pinball: Elektra

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

JP, thank you for all those GOLDEN OLDIES you've recreated!
otvclap.gif
I've just noticed that on the left lane the bonus multiplier shows 2x 2x 5x instead of 2x 3x 5x

Edited by Satch, 21 August 2010 - 09:15 AM.


#25 Reinier

Reinier

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Thank you JP! Again a wonderful table. Now we only hope that the speech sound will improve, it must be in the VP system right? So many tables around that period need an update of the speech samples..anyone knows if it's been working on?

Reinier

#26 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

Yes, I also saw the typo on the light text. I'll make a revision smile.gif

About the speech: I know the vpinmame team is working uptating it, adding support for new pinballs and fixing older code. But I don't know if these Bally tables are being updated.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#27 MDG79

MDG79

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Location:Fijnaart, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Family Guy (Stern)

  • 360 Gamer Tag: mdg79

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

The emulation of the speechchip used in Medusa and other Squawk and Talk tables (TMS5200) has been fairly improved in the original MAME core since version 0.138u1.
Hopefully they will insert the proper LPC-tables (which are still broken in VpinMAME) in the PinMAME core. It sounds much better now in MAME

Edited by MDG79, 21 August 2010 - 01:29 PM.


#28 gordon

gordon

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Location:Schleswig-Holstein/Kiel

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

great table, thanks jpsalas

#29 tguittar

tguittar

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Location:St. Joseph Missouri
  • Favorite Pinball: back to the future

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

Love the table. I use to play this all the time years ago.

#30 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:32 AM

I have updated the table to 1.1:

Update 1.1
- Fixed typo in text light
- Changed nudge system to one used before. Using two keys, on for the light nudge and one for a stronger nudge. When the "analog" nudge is fully debugged and tested then I'll add it to my tables.

JP

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#31 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the update.
Posted Image

#32 Shooby Doo

Shooby Doo

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Location:ATL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the update JP. I played this for a long time yesterday. smile.gif



#33 sast05

sast05

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: scuba

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

Speaking of "TYPOS".
Looking at the "Bally" Apron it says,
EXTRA
FLIPPER
BUTTOM
ACTIVATES SHIELD POST

Looked up the definition for "BUTTOM"

1. Ones butt, or bottom. More polite than butt, but more rude than bottom. (I fell on my buttom and now it hurts.)
2. An effing idiot or jerk. More mature than saying butt head. (Dude, your such a buttom.)

All kidding aside, thank you J.P. for another great effort!

By the way, what is the shield post in this game?

#34 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (sast05 @ Aug 22 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, what is the shield post in this game?


I believe that it is the post you see between the flippers before the drain hole. Pressing that extra button (or buttom as JP has it now) moves that post forward to help keep the ball in play.
Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#35 Johanpsu

Johanpsu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Location:Stockholm, Sweden

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, MB, TOTAN

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Well great you say.. havent read apron text on my small laptop smile.gif)

Hey JP how do we trigger that shield post dedicated for that extra button on the right hand side??

think.gif

Edited by Johanpsu, 22 August 2010 - 04:08 PM.


#36 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Johanpsu @ Aug 22 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey JP how do we trigger that shield post dedicated for that extra button on the right hand side??


Press the apostrophe ( ' ) key to activate the post.
Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#37 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

the post is crazy i used it and the ball bounced all the way back up to the top playfield.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#38 kristian

kristian

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 417 posts
  • Location:French Polynesia

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Alien Poker



Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Top quality stuff as usual... the graphics are incredible... it's amazing how JP is able to put out this stuff consistently.

Thanks my friend....!!


#39 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

hehe, "buttom" smile.gif I guess I'll need to start to read back what I type smile.gif

The key to trigger the shield is the one defined as "keyUpperRight", and in my keyboard is the "æ", this is the key on top of the right shift.

And yes, if you hit right the shield it will send the ball back in play, but you may miss the ball a lot of times smile.gif

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#40 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

So now the question is, what's next for our favorite Smurf? think.gif
I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image