Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Medieval Madness (Williams 1997)_Bigus(MOD)[Visual Pinball X MOD]


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:58 AM

Hi there. I am at the point of frustration. How do solve a credit dot problem of -

check switch F6 U.R. flipper button and F8 U.L. flipper button when it doesn't even exist on this game. I know it has something to do with an opto but can't find information on it. I seem to have it on MM and other Bally's as well. Its just annoying. Any suggestions?

 

Say again?


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#22 Torch32

Torch32

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones amongst many

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:01 AM

I have a credit dot on MM-. test report shows the errors in previous msg. How do I solve them to get rid of credit dot on this and other Bally games?



#23 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 18 September 2022 - 04:45 AM

I have a credit dot on MM-. test report shows the errors in previous msg. How do I solve them to get rid of credit dot on this and other Bally games?

 

unfortunately, i have no idea what you mean?


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#24 Cliffy

Cliffy

    Enthusiast

  • Gold Supporter
  • 251 posts
  • Location:SF Bay Area

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: King of Diamonds

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:28 AM

I get the same credit dot/switch error on totan. I tried going into switch levels and hoped it was the eos switches that it wasn't catching but nope. Can't clear the credit dot for the same "check switch F6 U.R. flipper button and F8 U.L. flipper button"

In real life flipper buttons have two optos upper and lower but how we trigger them in vpx is beyond me

 

Deleting the nvram cures it but eventually it will come back


Edited by Cliffy, 18 September 2022 - 05:45 AM.


#25 onedevotee75

onedevotee75

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD,Metallica,TWD,Tron Legacy,TOM,Sorcerer

Posted 18 September 2022 - 10:20 AM

Try roms from different places. Not always the roms are complete (files missing) or correctly dumped. Also i recommend to test the rom in vpinmame itself using the the "Test" Option to see if the rom is complete and with "check ROM" to see if the rom is working correctly independently from the table. Additionaly i would always perform a "factory reset" of the rom if possible,

 

Also somethimes it helps to play just a few games with the error. When the game recognizes that the "error-switch" is working in the game then the error message will be gone the next time you "reboot" the rom/machine. Have had some of those encounters :)

 

Of course deleting the nvram can also help and is an additional option.


Edited by onedevotee75, 18 September 2022 - 10:32 AM.


#26 Torch32

Torch32

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones amongst many

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:59 PM

Thanks folks. At least a few of you knew what I was talking about. I will try those



#27 funflipfour

funflipfour

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 11 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:10 AM

 

Hello,
 
I have a curious error, the Troll trapdoors don't show, not even the Troll, it's just dark, but the physics is still there, the ball hits them somehow...
 
the plastic with the archers, which is close to the flippers, were also altered, they became whitish, opaque and it was not possible to see the ball passing under it.
 
this happened after changing POV parameters, can it have any influence?
 
thickening the chorus.... and JP's 3.0 physics? leaves?
 
thanks

 

Hi, i have exact the same problem still want to edit some game settings to my favour, but even after just changing the script to select another rom, the trolls and their cover are just black holes. Happens with vpx 10.7.2 only after saving.



#28 funflipfour

funflipfour

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 11 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 24 November 2022 - 05:54 PM

Fixed it myself !
If you want to change and save the settings, do it with the first version of Visual Pinball X.
The version i use for playing is the latest, but there i switched now autosave to off.

Gesendet von meinem LM-G710 mit Tapatalk

#29 haggi

haggi

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 345 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Flintstones

Posted 09 September 2026 - 07:38 PM

First of all, thanks for your wonderful mod.

 

Right now, I'm in the process of reconfiguring all the VPX tables.

In the process, I rediscovered an old version,

I saved the table name under “Medieval Madness (Williams 1997) TT&NZ TOYMOD 1.0 Vpx6”

 

ToyMod - Merlin      -                                                - Available for your mod

ToyMod - Dragon    - Flies around when activated  - Not available for your mod

ToyMod - Troll         - Troll follows the ball               - Not available for your mod

 

According to my research, the authors have not been active for about 10 years.

The table does not run well under Vpx8.

Somehow, I'm hoping for an update.

 

So I have a few questions:

Are you familiar with this table variant?

Is it even allowed to update it?

And if so, who would be willing to do it?

 

Unfortunately, I can't do that.

Well, enough with the questions. I'm already looking forward to your next posts

and hope you continue to enjoy this hobby.



#30 bigus1

bigus1

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 10 September 2026 - 10:59 AM

I'm still chewing through my older 10.6/7 submissions and upgrading them to 10.8.  I've done around 150 already, so still plenty left to do and another bunch coming shortly, but I'll keep it in mind for later :)