Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Hi-Diver (Gottlieb 1959)[Visual Pinball X]

Gottlieb 1959

  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 CARLOSGUIZZO

CARLOSGUIZZO

    Just a pinball fan ;)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Shark (Taito do Brasil)

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

The files are uploading


Also they are from the vp9 version but i looked at them and they only look bad when put in vp9.

Thanks a lot for the images! :) I have already forwarded them to Akiles.

Greetings.


It's impossible only if you believe so. ;)


#22 Albert

Albert

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Dealers Choice

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:04 PM



I guess these kind of tables should use its own ScreenRes.txt, that would show the db2s with black bars on its sides, to keep the backglass as close to the original table.

 

Exactly. I feared the worst after the "Chance" b2s debacle, which looks like this in the correct aspect ratio:

 

chance_t.jpg

 

"Hi-Diver", however, was done in the correct way.



#23 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:33 AM

I guess these kind of tables should use its own ScreenRes.txt, that would show the db2s with black bars on its sides, to keep the backglass as close to the original table.

How can I assign a res.txt to a specific table without interfear to the default res.txt for all other tables ???

Do we need a new thread for this question?

Edited by Mustang1961, 17 October 2019 - 05:40 AM.


#24 Albert

Albert

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Dealers Choice

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

 

How can I assign a res.txt to a specific table without interfear to the default res.txt for all other tables ???
 

 

 

The individual resolution file must have the extension ".res" (e.g. "Hi-Diver.res").


Edited by Albert, 17 October 2019 - 07:28 AM.


#25 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

Hi Albert,

 

I tried it in order to correct the Chance BG. But unfortunately it does not work.

 

Attached File  Change 3 files.jpg   15.38KB   1 downloads

 

Any other idea? It would be a BIG step forward to improve all the 1 Player games (each has a too large BG)

 

 



#26 Albert

Albert

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Dealers Choice

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:31 PM

You can't correct the "Chance" backglass, because it was badly made in the first place.

 

Either you have a round circle with horizontally stretched graphics, or you get the correct aspect ratio with an egg shaped circle.

 

In the case of "Chance", i did choose the round circle.

 

Here are my values of the res-file:

 

1024
768
950
768
2
37
0
0
0
0
0
0

 

Please note that these are the values for a monitor with a 1024 x 768 resolution. You have to re-calculate the values if your monitor has another resolution.

 

Also, from version 1.3.0.3 on, you have the "proportional aspect ratio for backglass as option per table". I haven't tried it, because i don't use this version, but if you do, this option is probably the the best for the "Chance" backglass to get a round circle.


Edited by Albert, 18 October 2019 - 06:33 PM.


#27 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

Hi Albert,

 

I checked the version, currently 1.3.0.1 is in use. 

 

Further now the VPX6 installer is already published ... one reason more to set up the cab-pc completely new fresh and up to the newest version of each component used.

 

Thank you for your kind response and your readyness to support. I will revert back when this step is done and I am able to adjust the geometry of each BG individualy.

 

Greeting, Christian.


Edited by Mustang1961, 20 October 2019 - 01:03 PM.


#28 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:57 PM

A small note about this table:

 

I know the original table had a manual ball feed, but since a few people I know have cabinets with just flipper buttons (no magna save or other extra buttons), so I decided to make automatically the ball feed to the plunger. But to keep the original posibility to add multiballs, then you may simply press "1" again to add balls.  Then you may play as the original table from 1959.

 

Tips: to get high scores lit the bumpers and the slingshots, then add a multiball or two to get the score as high as possible :)

 

I would like to return the table permanently to manual ball lift, which line is to be comment out in order to avid the manual ball feed?

 

There are so many CreateNewBall() commands in the script that I do not know which to cover and how to code the manual lifter that it works properly with ball count and game over function.



#29 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

 

A small note about this table:

 

I know the original table had a manual ball feed, but since a few people I know have cabinets with just flipper buttons (no magna save or other extra buttons), so I decided to make automatically the ball feed to the plunger. But to keep the original posibility to add multiballs, then you may simply press "1" again to add balls.  Then you may play as the original table from 1959.

 

Tips: to get high scores lit the bumpers and the slingshots, then add a multiball or two to get the score as high as possible :)

 

I would like to return the table permanently to manual ball lift, which line is to be comment out in order to avid the manual ball feed?

 

There are so many CreateNewBall() commands in the script that I do not know which to cover and how to code the manual lifter that it works properly with ball count and game over function.

 

 

It is not easy to change the script to add only manual feed, there are several changes that need to be made. I'll take a look, and if it is not too complicated I'll write here some instructions.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#30 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

To change the script to manual feed only:

 

Comment or delete line 588

 

    ' CreateNewBall()

 

Find line 178:

 

        If keycode = StartGameKey Then

 

and change it to

 

        If keycode = LeftMagnaSave Then

 

Now the LeftMagnaSave key will feed the balls.

If you want another key then write the name of the key in that line 178.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#31 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Thank you JP,

 

I will try tomorrow and will revert here.

 

All my best regards, Christian.



#32 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

After testing the changes, that didn't work as planned. I guess just play the table like I made it. Less problems, as there are many more changes that needs to be done. 


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#33 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 25 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

You have to make one Line with: if keycode = RightMagnaSave then EjectBall
And then "disable" some other :EjectBall … i think not all - for sure the one at keycode = Start ... Sub FirstBall and Drain ..., i did a quick Test with disable "all" but then i got a 4 Ball Game ;) … whatever ...

Edited by STAT, 25 October 2019 - 08:22 PM.


#34 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

Hi Albert,

 

I checked the version, currently 1.3.0.1 is in use. 

 

Further now the VPX6 installer is already published ... one reason more to set up the cab-pc completely new fresh and up to the newest version of each component used.

 

Thank you for your kind response and your readyness to support. I will revert back when this step is done and I am able to adjust the geometry of each BG individualy.

 

Greeting, Christian.

 

I have switched now to 1.3.0.4 and the "tablename".res file works, see the screeshot of my 2nd try:

 

Attached File  Hi-Diver screeshot.jpg   105.88KB   2 downloads

 

my settings:

 

1080
1920
880
880
2
100
0
0
0
0
0
0

 

Thank you for your advise, now I can improver my numerous 1 Player games significantly!

 

Best greetings, Christian.



#35 Mustang1961

Mustang1961

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Isernhagen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: All Loserman76 recreations

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

I love the old EMs, here is my script with manual ball lift. "L" as lift brings the ball into the plunger lane.

 

Attached File  Hi-Diver with manual Lifter.zip   13.93KB   4 downloads

 

Attached File  K1600_DSCN2165.JPG   211.14KB   2 downloads


Edited by Mustang1961, 05 December 2019 - 06:28 PM.


#36 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

... love it, cool Mirror View at the Glass :tup:



#37 batch

batch

    VPFroggie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Location:Center of France

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Anyone if gaming and appearence are great

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

Thanks again for this very old table, it's from 1959, like me !  :)

 

I've a question about side rails primitives, is there a way to get them longer ?

 

I've tried to translate them, to increase Ysize, but nothing works

 

hi-diver.jpg


signature_juin2026-1.jpg     signature_juin2026-2.jpg       

 

DIRECT LINK TO MY TABLES :  http://www.vpforums....loads&mid=30858    


#38 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:11 AM

Thank you for that very nice table, remembering me the era I started to play pinball.

 

One detail : My computer does not let me write the hiscore : Line  1349: Permissaõ negada (premission refused)

 

Any idea ???


From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd



#39 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

Did you start VPX with Admin Rights ?



#40 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

Yes. I'm the only user of my laptop & Vp is set to Run as admin

 

I'm back to VP after some years (real life).

I have the same problem with other tables, VP8 & 9/X. On some VPM tables, unable to add credits.

I don't remember having such problems in the past.

 

Edit: I had set it with the mouse, right clicking on the file, thinking it was permanent.

Now that i set it in the exe properties, it solved this problem. Thank you.


Edited by FDSystems, 14 May 2020 - 09:39 AM.

From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gottlieb, 1959