Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Hanz FSS ( Full Single Screen ) VPX LED Re-Creations

FSS hanzoverfist Full Single Screen LED MOD MOD VPX

  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#21 softfish

softfish

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: spider man

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Cool, a d/l link would be nice. or a pm.



#22 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Posting last table for JPSalas to see as I am currently obtaining permissions to MOD and post

 

Attack and revenge from mars

Attached File  Attack and Revenge From Mars Clipboard-1.png   1.11MB   15 downloads

 

 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#23 nFozzy

nFozzy

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Pinbot

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

Go for it. Let me know if you want any help figuring out the convoluted lamp routines on Scared Stiff or Congo.



#24 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Hanzoverfist, looking forward to trying these, even though I'm on a cab at home. They look that cool! :)

#25 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

Hanzoverfist, looking forward to trying these, even though I'm on a cab at home. They look that cool! :)

 

Yeah sorry mate, for me its the reverse , I don't have a cab... ;) so trying to fill that gap for desktop players.. 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#26 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Go for it. Let me know if you want any help figuring out the convoluted lamp routines on Scared Stiff or Congo.

 

@nFozzy,  the only problem with scared stiff is the choices of color that were made in the design of the table by Bally. Awful... with LED's it just looks like a Christmas tree. lolz... I'm not scared of santa ... well maybe "bad santa"  maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong.. maybe I should just add snow effects and change elvira's leather pants with a Santa suit...  and the spider for antlers... 

 

 

All kidding aside , Other tables have complicated color schemes and they port to LED lighting just fine but this table... big pain.. I will get it in the end..


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#27 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Will be asking Flupper1 if I can release with the first batch the wonderfully beautiful Diner VPX table he made,I was just too excited I had to make it into a FSS right away ;)

 

Attached File  Diner Clipboard-1.png   949.33KB   12 downloads


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#28 FreeLunch

FreeLunch

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Location:California, US

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Timeshock!

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

This sounds really interesting. I've played Timeshock! on my phone who knows how many times with a similar table/blackglass perspective, but I never thought of implementing it into VP. I'm a desktop user who's always been jelly of cabinet users, so this sounds right up my ally of affordability/accessibility. I just need rotating stand for my monitor now.



#29 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

most everything is up for testing..let me know of any kinks. A few more tables by early next week.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#30 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Check first post in this topic for test table download links.

These really look amazing!!

I am a fellow DT user and love these mods you are making!!


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#31 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:40 PM

Check first post in this topic for test table download links.

These really look amazing!!

I am a fellow DT user and love these mods you are making!!

 

@xeno, how many tables have you tried and are you having any issues? 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#32 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

I have only tried my favorites, Congo and Xenon, and I have no issues except the lighted areas on playfield look kind of like a TV screen..like a channel that has static. But that is really not a problem as far as I can tell.I like the effect!!  I love them!!


Edited by xenonph, 17 March 2017 - 11:50 PM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#33 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

I have only tried my favorites, Congo and Xenon, and I have no issues except the lighted areas on playfield look kind of like a TV screen..like a channel that has static. But that is really not a problem as far as I can tell.I like the effect!!  I love them!!

 

Would it be too much to ask for a screenshot(s)?  The reason is because that probably should not be like that.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 18 March 2017 - 12:00 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#34 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

Congo..capture711_t.png

 

Xenon..capture910_t.png

 

Attack from Mars...capture611_t.png

 

These snapshots won't really show you the static effect in motion that I am seeing. As I said, I like this effect. Maybe it is just my LED monitor. I have since tried all your tables, and I can't wait for more.

 

I think all tables should be modified to this perspective!!

 

Great job!!


Edited by xenonph, 18 March 2017 - 12:14 AM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#35 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

@xeno yeah must be your display, in your xenon, does the digital displays work? I don't see them..


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#36 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:21 AM

Yes it works Sir, It was just blinking for start of game and didn't capture it when it was showing.

 

Here is pic while playing..

capture109_t.png


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#37 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

@xeno... thx for your help.. much appreciated feedback, btw I'm working on bad cats.. and when floopy releases update.. Diner is ready to go... 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#38 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

I just want to remind others who are interested in these Mods to use the modified VPX version in your first post to run these test tables. Otherwise they wont show correctly. I just added "FSS" to the vpinballx.exe (vpinballxFSS.exe) and added it to my Visual Pinball folder, then copied shortcut to Desktop for easier use.


Edited by xenonph, 18 March 2017 - 12:31 AM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#39 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

I just want to remind others who are interested in these Mods to use the modified VPX version in your first post to run these test tables. Otherwise they wont show correctly.

 

you mean the modified vpinballx.exe  binary... yes you do need it, or no backglass, no mirrored stuff,and no video properties. 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#40 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

@xeno.. about your screen lines thing... I was just thinking, but is it possible you are not in the screen native mode? what that means is the best video mode you monitor is designed for.  1359x767 is a really an odd fullscreen mode. its like in between 780p and 1080p its just odd.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSS, hanzoverfist, Full Single Screen, LED MOD, MOD, VPX