Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RollerCoaster Tycoon VP9


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks you JP for these great pinball table.
Posted Image

#22 GRONI

GRONI

    Pinball Recreator

  • VIP
  • 1,071 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM



Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

5 Stars!! Whatelse? wink.gif

GRONI

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

 

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%


#23 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,239 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

Thanks JPSalas..a WOW for this very nice Piece Of Art of this underestimated Table!

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#24 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

I´m waiting for version 1.1 as I´m curious to see what kind of finishing touches you will be able to add to what is seemingly already perfect !
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd



#25 panootz

panootz

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Location:Punta Gorda, Florida

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: lots of them

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: panootz
  • 360 Gamer Tag: WoodenPanootz

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

JP, i'm with Groni on this table i also give it 5 stars, it looks so beautiful and shines. All you table makers are doing such a great job with these tables i'm really starting to look for the coin slots and i just can't seem to find them, does this mean it's free to play these picture perfect games, it's so unbelievable thanks everybody. Dave P.

#26 Debbus

Debbus

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Location:Gelderland, Nijkerk

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: fish tales

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

It's that I can't give 100 strars! JP your Tables are great! biggrin.gif

#27 whsemngr

whsemngr

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

Thanks JP for another excellent release. I've never played this one in real life, but I'm enjoying it very much.

Off topic : JP is there any way you can release a version of Black Knight with your wideview/dmd angle (like the rest of your VP9 tables) complete with themed backdrop? If not, could you at least provide the themed backdrop and settings for this angle so I can change it myself. Thanks. MIKE
I don't suffer from insanity........

I enjoy every minute of it........

#28 Gravy

Gravy

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,148 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party



Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

Another fantastic table release JP, many thanks. The rails do get in the way of the flippers at the default angle but thats just the design of the table, great that we can change the angle ourselves.

I love the image you have used for the ball as well, very realistic.

Pinball Addict


#29 Drummy

Drummy

    Hobbyist

  • Charter Member
  • 36 posts
  • Location:Cape Town, South Africa

  • Flag: South Africa

  • Favorite Pinball: Indy

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

Thanks JP, I always look forward to your tables. This one is no exception.
Cheers Drummy


#30 studmuff

studmuff

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 768 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Tron, ACDC, LOTR

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

Great Table. Thanks JP

Any ideas for the next table you will do?

I would really like to see Circus Voltaire and Pharoah if your taking requests. wink.gif

Thanks for the great work JP.

#31 wtiger

wtiger

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Junkyard



Contributor

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

Thanks JP! This is a very fun table (had the chance to play a real one at a hotel in Reno, Nevada a few years back).

#32 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for all your comments!

Black Knight: The DMD is in the table. Use the zoom options to get it on the table: Select Options on the editor, go to the backdrop and set the X scale and Y scale to 1, this will get the DMD on the table. Then change the line in the script .Hidden = 1 with .Hidden = 0 this will show the DMD. If you don't want the digits on the backdrop you may comment the line 473 ( DisplayLEDs), the the leds won't get updated. You'll also need to ove down the lights on the backdrop smile.gif So there is a little work to do to get the Wide view with the DMD, but it is not too difficult, you just need to try a little.

My next table? MMMmmmm, let me see... an oldie for my friends Jolo and Leo in Argentina: Harlen Globettoters on Tour. After that I'll take a break making VPM tables and I'll continue with the Spiderman table until I get tired and I'll do some VPM tables again smile.gif.

The Ball image I used I made it from the Timeshock game. It is very similar to the older ones taht have been used in VP, just a little different.

About version 1.1 of this RCT table: just now there is just one error report: the ball getting stuck in the lower ramp. The problem is that I can't reproduce the error, but I'll try a little more. The plunger should be stronger (as Destruk said, I guess it is the plunger he meant, so the skillshot is not so easy to get). I'll see if I can find the error with the ball stuck and I'll make an update.

JP


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#33 destruk

destruk

    VPF Veteran

  • VPF Staff
  • 6,338 posts
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!



Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:46 PM

The kickout from the info/map saucer - the one that kicks the ball to the right flipper - needs to be twice as strong to match the real machine. The map flasher goes off and the ball is shot out of there like a cannon on the real thing. I wouldn't be adamant about it if I hadn't seen how fast it was on the real game all the times I played it. The ball only takes about half a second to get from there to the flippers.

This is one reason why I don't like this angle or video of games in a black photo developing room - you can't see anything.
at 2:33 - the actual kickout is at about 2:36.5 and it bounces off the flipper to the slingshot top at 2:37 - it is blazingly fast from that saucer.

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.


#34 Mudfinger

Mudfinger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Location:Wilmington, Delaware

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

Finally got a chance to play this. SURPURB!
Plays pretty much like I remember playing it in Jillians in Ocean City, NJ last year
Thanks AGAIN JP!
Monarch Of The Sea

#35 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:38 AM

I see what you mean now, thanks destruk.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#36 master87

master87

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: nothing

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

ther's a full screen cabinet edition!?!? PLEASE!! SOMeoNE COULD TELL ME HOW TO CONVERT OR WHERE TO TAKE IT?

#37 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Location:Hungary

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (master87 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ther's a full screen cabinet edition!?!? PLEASE!! SOMeoNE COULD TELL ME HOW TO CONVERT OR WHERE TO TAKE IT?



Rollercoaster Tycoon

smile.gif

Edited by Sheltemke, 03 November 2010 - 05:03 PM.


#38 jimbod8

jimbod8

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

Alright, it feels like these are stupid questions with probably stupid answers, but since I can't figure it out...

Volume adjustment: I found that pressing "9" decreases the machine volume - from the DMD display it looks like you're supposed to press "red button" to decrease and "green button" to increase, and according to F2: 9=red button, 8=green button. However, when I press 8 it doesn't increase the volume, it adds a credit to the machine. So what do I do for volume increase, then?

Also, does this machine use something other than the flipper buttons for putting in your initials? I just cracked the high score list for the first time, but when I hit the flipper buttons to try to set my initials, nothing happened. Tried a few other buttons and accidentally ended up in service mode instead, which aborted my experiment, so I figured I'd just better ask.

#39 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (jimbod8 @ Jun 12 2011, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, it feels like these are stupid questions with probably stupid answers, but since I can't figure it out...

Volume adjustment: I found that pressing "9" decreases the machine volume - from the DMD display it looks like you're supposed to press "red button" to decrease and "green button" to increase, and according to F2: 9=red button, 8=green button. However, when I press 8 it doesn't increase the volume, it adds a credit to the machine. So what do I do for volume increase, then?

Also, does this machine use something other than the flipper buttons for putting in your initials? I just cracked the high score list for the first time, but when I hit the flipper buttons to try to set my initials, nothing happened. Tried a few other buttons and accidentally ended up in service mode instead, which aborted my experiment, so I figured I'd just better ask.


To answer the first question:

The 8 and 9 keys are the only keys that you use to adjust the volume. If you look in the guide to adjusting volume for DMD tables in the Help Forum, and click on the link for Sega/Stern Whitestar tables, you will also read that you may have to press 9 first before you press 8 to raise the volume. I just tried this myself and was able to raise the volume using the 8 key. Did somebody change the key to add a credit to the 8 key using Preferences->Keys in the editor?

Haven't played the table so I don't know if you need to use other keys to enter the initials.
Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#40 Zablon

Zablon

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

JP, I know you (and other) probably tire of this, but any way we could get a FS version of this? I've read that we can probably do this ourselves, but it seems there are usually adjustments that need to be made that vary from table to table.