Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Bop update wip


  • Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#21 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

holy smoke! That looks so good!! :D


3rs054-6.png


#22 85vett

85vett

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Corvette

  • 360 Gamer Tag: ZeeksterATX

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

OK, I know I'm weird but I love the clear inserts you placed in the playfield.  I know they will get color but did you draw the insert yourself?  I've been trying to get a nice clear insert to use in my tables and still haven't got something I'm really happy with. 



#23 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

J 14th gave me permission to use his fp stuff. He had the clear inserts in there already.
I can send you the playfield if you'd like to extract them.

I just wish I had the psd for it so I could have them without the text

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#24 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

What text do you want to remove....maybe i can help you!



#25 ReDEy3

ReDEy3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

UW, how much would it cost us to have you retire from your job and work VP tables full time?  Who wants to contribute?  :)



#26 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

I'll pm you zany. I was just looking for some really nice text less inserts and the ones on the playfield are damn near perfect.

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#27 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

OK, I know I'm weird but I love the clear inserts you placed in the playfield.  I know they will get color but did you draw the insert yourself?  I've been trying to get a nice clear insert to use in my tables and still haven't got something I'm really happy with. 

 

J 14th gave me permission to use his fp stuff. He had the clear inserts in there already.
I can send you the playfield if you'd like to extract them.

I just wish I had the psd for it so I could have them without the text

 

I am not sure if this is what you need but I asked Player1 a couple months back and he sent me this https://app.box.com/...spyytagybxjucwq

It's pretty high quality and is what I am using from now on as basis for my playfield inserts.



#28 oooPLAYER1ooo

oooPLAYER1ooo

    habitual deflector

  • VIP
  • 806 posts
  • Location:sydney , Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour

  • 360 Gamer Tag: oooPLAYER1ooo


Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

 

OK, I know I'm weird but I love the clear inserts you placed in the playfield.  I know they will get color but did you draw the insert yourself?  I've been trying to get a nice clear insert to use in my tables and still haven't got something I'm really happy with. 

 

J 14th gave me permission to use his fp stuff. He had the clear inserts in there already.
I can send you the playfield if you'd like to extract them.

I just wish I had the psd for it so I could have them without the text

 

I am not sure if this is what you need but I asked Player1 a couple months back and he sent me this https://app.box.com/...spyytagybxjucwq

It's pretty high quality and is what I am using from now on as basis for my playfield inserts.

 

i cant take credit for that, i was passed that from bodydump a while ago.

so The Master of the 400px width needs to be thanked for that 


Edited by oooPLAYER1ooo, 27 June 2014 - 06:22 AM.

°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)





ozpin.gif


#29 mukuste

mukuste

    Pinball Fan

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Centaur

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

ICPJuggla.....the blender part is ok....the pain in the a$$ comes when to import it in VP! ;)

 

Why is that? Anything that needs improving?



#30 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

mukuste...well, it is not really a pain in the a$$, it's more like how VP handles textures and transparency.
It is that you see the faces and edges, and i dont know if its me doing something wrong when exporting the prim and baking the texture, or if it is VP.
When rendering it in VP it looks ok.



#31 85vett

85vett

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Corvette

  • 360 Gamer Tag: ZeeksterATX

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to use better inserts.  These BOP ones are awesome if they didn't have the text on them already. 

 

freneticamnesic - thanks for sharing that template.  I'll play around with some of those.  They are a little nicer than the template I made up.  White/clear seems to be the most difficult to get right.



#32 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

I can send you the playfield if you think you can remove the text

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#33 oooPLAYER1ooo

oooPLAYER1ooo

    habitual deflector

  • VIP
  • 806 posts
  • Location:sydney , Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour

  • 360 Gamer Tag: oooPLAYER1ooo


Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

if you play around with the hues its not that hard, for clear inserts, start by dropping saturation all the way down. it takes a bit of practice to get it right but gets much easier getting the colors you want. makes things alot easier

using the hues in photoshop you can make any of those inserts any color you want

 

in photoshop,

look under :

Image > adjustments > hues/saturation...

 

or just use Ctrl+U :)

 

 

 

 

scott im working on it this weekend starting in about 12 hrs my inserts are on seperate layers and can be changed to whatever color you want


Edited by oooPLAYER1ooo, 27 June 2014 - 01:51 PM.

°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)





ozpin.gif


#34 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

 

i cant take credit for that, i was passed that from bodydump a while ago.

so The Master of the 400px width needs to be thanked for that 

 

 

ah that's right 

. it's personally better than anything I've seen yet, and I don't see much room for improvement. Maybe with a couple extra shapes but I've worked around most of the problems. They color nicely too



#35 waspstar

waspstar

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 138 posts
  • Location:Oslo

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: White Water, Fathom, Flash Gordon, Paragon and many more

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

This looks spectacular as always UW



#36 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

I got some stuff done today. Metal guide walls...
It's taking a little longer then expected as I realized the old version was not made the correct size. The actual table is more narrow and longer. So the update will be correct so I'm having to reshape a lot of stuff rather then just copy it over

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#37 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Worthless without pictures. Worthless. ;)

randr___pinball.png                         


#38 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Sorry boss

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#39 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

here's the pic boss ;)

 

Attached File  wip4.png   1.86MB   21 downloads


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#40 Nemo

Nemo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,283 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Ohhh my........ look sooooo good, the plastics are REAL, the headmask is photolike, this is just quality .......

 

Going to be drooling over this one......... (as soon as i finish playing Fire!)


Gone fishin', no really.......

My F14 Cab http://www.vpforums....showtopic=21820

My Coffee Table http://www.vpforums....topic=25407&hl=

My Jukebox WIP http://www.vpforums....topic=23825&hl=