Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Terminator 2 - Chrome Edition FS (VP920) MOD [VP 9.x Cabinet FS]


  • Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#21 tipoto

tipoto

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Thanks!
I never managed to hit this score Groni, you are probably very good wink.gif
But don't worry, if I need to change the physic, I will do it. I prefer to wait a little bit to have different comments about that and waiting for potential bugs, and I will release an update if necessary.
And yes, if you try to change the physic by yourself, it's gonna be tough because a lot of things are dependant each others (4 layers of flippers, sounds working with timer, invisible walls working with timer etc...)
So, my advise is to avoid playing with PINemHI until a new version is released, otherwise the highscores will be done with different physics.


#22 ced

ced

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 1,156 posts
  • Location:France

  • Flag: Jamaica

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (GRONI @ Nov 20 2011, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ced @ Nov 20 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never play T2 real machine so no comment...

What are the good parametres for you ?

ced.


there is no basic or standard settings you can apply to a table. every table plays different. Even same real machines plays different. A friend of mine owns a Space Station too, and it plays miles others
than my machine. The basic parameters of this table are not too far of the settings I use, but the mix of gravity, slope and elasticity makes this table easy to play. For example a slope of 7,1 and a gravity
of 1,4 is much too low. No good mix at all. Plus the settings on the flippers makes it an easy to achieve point table. Also the flippers are to weak to make a constant right ramp shot. 80% of the time the
ball rolls back from it. Like I said, nice table, but the physics need a tweak. But poorly it is not possible on this one without things messing up. For example I change the flipper speed (which is to low) to
a higher level, it will not fit with the em reel animation.



Ok GRONI , thx for reply !!



#23 tipoto

tipoto

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (thewool @ Nov 20 2011, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the time you've invested in this build Tipto, it really is a beautiful thing to look at... what an accomplishment, I take my hat off to you good.gif

Quick question, is there any way to scale this table at all or play with the inclination/layback? Guess not because of the number of reels?

Cheers again!

Unfortunately it's not possible. These are just animated textures, there is no perspective.
It's a miracle that we have the possibility to give the feeling it's just one unique texture, but it's really fragile, if you take a look at the Arcade4's screenshot, you can see that everything is a "fake" on this table wink.gif

#24 GRONI

GRONI

    Pinball Recreator

  • VIP
  • 1,071 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM



Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (tipoto @ Nov 21 2011, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!
I never managed to hit this score Groni, you are probably very good wink.gif
But don't worry, if I need to change the physic, I will do it. I prefer to wait a little bit to have different comments about that and waiting for potential bugs, and I will release an update if necessary.
And yes, if you try to change the physic by yourself, it's gonna be tough because a lot of things are dependant each others (4 layers of flippers, sounds working with timer, invisible walls working with timer etc...)
So, my advise is to avoid playing with PINemHI until a new version is released, otherwise the highscores will be done with different physics.


Like I said its just a suggestion. I didnīt want to talk bad about it. I love that table and the look!!! I waited also very long for this, cause it was one of the machines I love to play to death smile.gif

The atmosphere of it is da bomb! If the physics will get better, it will get a place in my future cab ( Not many other tables beside mine make it to that ) smile.gif

100 Thumbs up for you Buddy!!!

Groni

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

 

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%


#25 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (tipoto @ Nov 20 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!
I never managed to hit this score Groni, you are probably very good wink.gif
But don't worry, if I need to change the physic, I will do it. I prefer to wait a little bit to have different comments about that and waiting for potential bugs, and I will release an update if necessary.
And yes, if you try to change the physic by yourself, it's gonna be tough because a lot of things are dependant each others (4 layers of flippers, sounds working with timer, invisible walls working with timer etc...)
So, my advise is to avoid playing with PINemHI until a new version is released, otherwise the highscores will be done with different physics.


The table looks absolutely INCREDIBLE.

I won't lie, though. I was really disappointed you changed the physics from our version. Of all the tables I've done, I think I nailed T2 best of all.

I hope you move back toward those, if you do an update. This table should be difficult. Sandro must be a madman on this table to think it's easy.

blink.gif

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#26 scott-Detroit Pinball

scott-Detroit Pinball

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Location:detroit

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: banzai run

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (GRONI @ Nov 20 2011, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ced @ Nov 20 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never play T2 real machine so no comment...

What are the good parametres for you ?

ced.


there is no basic or standard settings you can apply to a table. every table plays different. Even same real machines plays different. A friend of mine owns a Space Station too, and it plays miles others
than my machine. The basic parameters of this table are not too far of the settings I use, but the mix of gravity, slope and elasticity makes this table easy to play. For example a slope of 7,1 and a gravity
of 1,4 is much too low. No good mix at all. Plus the settings on the flippers makes it an easy to achieve point table. Also the flippers are to weak to make a constant right ramp shot. 80% of the time the
ball rolls back from it. Like I said, nice table, but the physics need a tweak. But poorly it is not possible on this one without things messing up. For example I change the flipper speed (which is to low) to
a higher level, it will not fit with the em reel animation.



Groni, I wonder if it has to do with spec difference's in computers-- maybe accelorameters???

Interesting, I would have to say on my system, the Physics are arguabley the best I have ever seen on a VP game the first run out.
I am not getting the long ball times, the Ball seems to be flowing at the correct speed on my system. I can do flipper catches and slingshot post passes that are reacting like the real game.
Ball doesnt always go up the ramps, you have to hit it somewhat dead on- like in real life.
Ball speed seems to be very realistic, not way too fast (which, I see is ussually the problem on VP games) but it is definately not behaving way to slow either. I would definately say its perfect.

The problems I saw so far:
1. Some stuttering when ball is in pops
2. some stuttering when in multiball (nothing like monopoly)
3. Left Flipper would occasionally not work-- almost like I had to make a flipper EOS switch adjustment, or a cold solder joint on the flipper coil. This is weird, something that I havent come accrossed either while testing or playing a game.
4. I wish this was more angle independent specially to have the back more inverted in to make things less flat. I have been preaching about this for pretty much all of 2011, and I feel like I am cheating on myself sad.gif

thank you, I am going down to test some more...
Scott
Detroit Pinball
Some of my Games- Past & Present
http://www.flickr.co...itpinball/sets/
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#27 GRONI

GRONI

    Pinball Recreator

  • VIP
  • 1,071 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM



Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Noah Fentz @ Nov 21 2011, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tipoto @ Nov 20 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!
I never managed to hit this score Groni, you are probably very good wink.gif
But don't worry, if I need to change the physic, I will do it. I prefer to wait a little bit to have different comments about that and waiting for potential bugs, and I will release an update if necessary.
And yes, if you try to change the physic by yourself, it's gonna be tough because a lot of things are dependant each others (4 layers of flippers, sounds working with timer, invisible walls working with timer etc...)
So, my advise is to avoid playing with PINemHI until a new version is released, otherwise the highscores will be done with different physics.


The table looks absolutely INCREDIBLE.

I won't lie, though. I was really disappointed you changed the physics from our version. Of all the tables I've done, I think I nailed T2 best of all.

I hope you move back toward those, if you do an update. This table should be difficult. Sandro must be a madman on this table to think it's easy.

blink.gif

+1 wink.gif

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

 

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%


#28 gbeef

gbeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: adams

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

loaded mine is crash on the lock, when the ball goes into the gun. ANyone else have this problem?

#29 tipoto

tipoto

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (GRONI @ Nov 20 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tipoto @ Nov 21 2011, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!
I never managed to hit this score Groni, you are probably very good wink.gif
But don't worry, if I need to change the physic, I will do it. I prefer to wait a little bit to have different comments about that and waiting for potential bugs, and I will release an update if necessary.
And yes, if you try to change the physic by yourself, it's gonna be tough because a lot of things are dependant each others (4 layers of flippers, sounds working with timer, invisible walls working with timer etc...)
So, my advise is to avoid playing with PINemHI until a new version is released, otherwise the highscores will be done with different physics.


Like I said its just a suggestion. I didnīt want to talk bad about it. I love that table and the look!!! I waited also very long for this, cause it was one of the machines I love to play to death smile.gif

The atmosphere of it is da bomb! If the physics will get better, it will get a place in my future cab ( Not many other tables beside mine make it to that ) smile.gif

100 Thumbs up for you Buddy!!!

Groni

No problem Groni. My goal is to have the best table I can do, with the best physics possible. I know it's impossible to have the perfect physics working well for everybody, but since this table is not really adjustable, I will do my best to find the best settings possible.

#30 GRONI

GRONI

    Pinball Recreator

  • VIP
  • 1,071 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM



Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (scott-Detroit Pinball @ Nov 21 2011, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GRONI @ Nov 20 2011, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ced @ Nov 20 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never play T2 real machine so no comment...

What are the good parametres for you ?

ced.


there is no basic or standard settings you can apply to a table. every table plays different. Even same real machines plays different. A friend of mine owns a Space Station too, and it plays miles others
than my machine. The basic parameters of this table are not too far of the settings I use, but the mix of gravity, slope and elasticity makes this table easy to play. For example a slope of 7,1 and a gravity
of 1,4 is much too low. No good mix at all. Plus the settings on the flippers makes it an easy to achieve point table. Also the flippers are to weak to make a constant right ramp shot. 80% of the time the
ball rolls back from it. Like I said, nice table, but the physics need a tweak. But poorly it is not possible on this one without things messing up. For example I change the flipper speed (which is to low) to
a higher level, it will not fit with the em reel animation.



Groni, I wonder if it has to do with spec difference's in computers-- maybe accelorameters???

Interesting, I would have to say on my system, the Physics are arguabley the best I have ever seen on a VP game the first run out.
I am not getting the long ball times, the Ball seems to be flowing at the correct speed on my system. I can do flipper catches and slingshot post passes that are reacting like the real game.
Ball doesnt always go up the ramps, you have to hit it somewhat dead on- like in real life.
Ball speed seems to be very realistic, not way too fast (which, I see is ussually the problem on VP games) but it is definately not behaving way to slow either. I would definately say its perfect.

The problems I saw so far:
1. Some stuttering when ball is in pops
2. some stuttering when in multiball (nothing like monopoly)
3. Left Flipper would occasionally not work-- almost like I had to make a flipper EOS switch adjustment, or a cold solder joint on the flipper coil. This is weird, something that I havent come accrossed either while testing or playing a game.
4. I wish this was more angle independent specially to have the back more inverted in to make things less flat. I have been preaching about this for pretty much all of 2011, and I feel like I am cheating on myself sad.gif

thank you, I am going down to test some more...
Scott
Detroit Pinball


I was always wondering about some physic tips you gave me on banzai. But I can defenetley say that this physics do not match a real machine. They are not bad and some movements (flipovers and catches) work very well.
But Return Strenght is too high and speed too low ( low speed flippers make quickly believe settings are good, cause some flipper to flipper movements works well )
Also the slope in mix with gravity. Maybe if i put some Beermats under the front legs the slope will be matching this table wink.gif

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

 

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%


#31 scott-Detroit Pinball

scott-Detroit Pinball

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Location:detroit

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: banzai run

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:32 PM



To increase difficulty:
1. Right outlane post should of been moved up one, to the middle. Having it were it is, closes off the right outlane to much and therefor the game is less drainy.
2. the outlane center post save, the physics are off, On real games, they are very tricky, the ball has to be rolling down straigt in the middle to get the correct bounce off it for a save. It doesnt matter where the ball hits the post on your game, even if it catches an edge it seems to be bouncing straight back up. The way you have it is saving way too many balls.

Great table, I can back hand with a little momentum help the right flipper to the right ramp.

Scott
Detroit Pinball
Some of my Games- Past & Present
http://www.flickr.co...itpinball/sets/
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#32 tipoto

tipoto

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Noah Fentz @ Nov 20 2011, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tipoto @ Nov 20 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks!
I never managed to hit this score Groni, you are probably very good wink.gif
But don't worry, if I need to change the physic, I will do it. I prefer to wait a little bit to have different comments about that and waiting for potential bugs, and I will release an update if necessary.
And yes, if you try to change the physic by yourself, it's gonna be tough because a lot of things are dependant each others (4 layers of flippers, sounds working with timer, invisible walls working with timer etc...)
So, my advise is to avoid playing with PINemHI until a new version is released, otherwise the highscores will be done with different physics.


The table looks absolutely INCREDIBLE.

I won't lie, though. I was really disappointed you changed the physics from our version. Of all the tables I've done, I think I nailed T2 best of all.

I hope you move back toward those, if you do an update. This table should be difficult. Sandro must be a madman on this table to think it's easy.

blink.gif

Actually I couldn't keep the same physics for several reasons, one of them was because the first thing I did is to change the table proportion.
But I think the physics is question of taste, because most of the VP tables I played here, gave me the feeling that I was playing a video game instead of a real pinball. Usually the ball lacks of weight and even tables that people says that the physics are good, give me this feeling.
But I agree that my table is too easy, because it's not normal to reach more 500M with just one ball wink.gif

#33 Arcade4

Arcade4

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Location:Beaumont, TX.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (tipoto @ Nov 20 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (thewool @ Nov 20 2011, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the time you've invested in this build Tipto, it really is a beautiful thing to look at... what an accomplishment, I take my hat off to you good.gif

Quick question, is there any way to scale this table at all or play with the inclination/layback? Guess not because of the number of reels?

Cheers again!

Unfortunately it's not possible. These are just animated textures, there is no perspective.
It's a miracle that we have the possibility to give the feeling it's just one unique texture, but it's really fragile, if you take a look at the Arcade4's screenshot, you can see that everything is a "fake" on this table wink.gif


Even so, it still looks and plays incredible.
I will someday have a 1080P monitor and this table really makes me look forward to it even more.


#34 tipoto

tipoto

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (gbeef @ Nov 20 2011, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
loaded mine is crash on the lock, when the ball goes into the gun. ANyone else have this problem?

Did it crash immediately or the ball moved into the gun before?

#35 GRONI

GRONI

    Pinball Recreator

  • VIP
  • 1,071 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM



Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

One thing that you also should improve to make it harder is the nudge sense. Sometimes when I saw the ball will straight drain, i tapped the nudge a few times and the ball went straight back to the flippers. Normally after one nugde there
should be the first warning. On your table i can easily nugde 3 times before the first warning appears. Also the movement on nudge is a bit strong. Some lighter movements would make it harder at all.
Just concentrate a bit more on Noahs T2 ( Indeed one of the best physics ever )

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

 

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%


#36 scott-Detroit Pinball

scott-Detroit Pinball

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Location:detroit

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: banzai run

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:49 PM



Groni,

Ok, this is what I have figured out.
Do you have an accelerometer for Nudging?
I ask because I do, and the first thing I do is increase (accelerometer gain) (in the options menu) on each table I play.
Tipoto, has it set to 1.5 and the first thing I did was increase it to 3, I just increased it up to 4 and noticed an increase as well. I wonder if that it is it.
I dont think a lot of people have accelerometors on their game, and I think that is why we both are noticing a significant difference in how our tables play.
Trust me, I am all for short ball times, and usually have to adjust most of my games to make them tougher.

so, if anyone has an accelerometer on their game, try increasing accelerometer gain significantly and see if they notice a change.

Scott
Detroit Pinball



Some of my Games- Past & Present
http://www.flickr.co...itpinball/sets/
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#37 GRONI

GRONI

    Pinball Recreator

  • VIP
  • 1,071 posts
  • Location:Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM



Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (scott-Detroit Pinball @ Nov 21 2011, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Groni,

Ok, this is what I have figured out.
Do you have an accelerometer for Nudging?
I ask because I do, and the first thing I do is increase (accelerometer gain) (in the options menu) on each table I play.
Tipoto, has it set to 1.5 and the first thing I did was increase it to 3, I just increased it up to 4 and noticed an increase as well. I wonder if that it is it.
I dont think a lot of people have accelerometors on their game, and I think that is why we both are noticing a significant difference in how our tables play.
Trust me, I am all for short ball times, and usually have to adjust most of my games to make them tougher.

so, if anyone has an accelerometer on their game, try increasing accelerometer gain significantly and see if they notice a change.

Scott
Detroit Pinball


Nope I didnīt have one

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

 

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%


#38 tamoore

tamoore

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 378 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: G33KFR34K


Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Amazing table! Don't worry about the physics issues. I've never heard any table that was ever released that anyone thought was perfect.. wink.gif

This is an amazing technical achievement. Be proud of that you've accomplished, and thank you for your hard work!!!
I am, therefore I run.

#39 thewool

thewool

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,068 posts
  • Location:North Yorkshire, UK

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: WOZ



Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Cheers for the reply Tipto, I did try and play with the scaling and everything broke sad.gif so have just left it as is. As Scott mentioned some tweaking to the settings can add another dimension to FS tables. Shame there isn't a way to do this. Asthetically though it's the dogs bollocks.

p.s. glad someone else said the real table is hard... I think it's the longest I've stood in line for a game, and turned out to be my shortest game ever (in front of a big audience to boot blush.gif)



#40 JAM0

JAM0

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Elvira

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

Love the looks dblthumb.gif and am very happy with the game in every respect, including physics. I think it plays great and the nudging is spot on. Just my opinion. Only had 4 games on it but my honest initial impression is that it plays fantastic. And we all know what it looks like! Thanks tipoto! It is unique what you have done and that is refreshing so I hope you continue along the same lines.