Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Tron (WIP)


  • Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#241 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

All done except for the Tilt scripting (if I can do that). changed the post location on the outlanes to make it harder for the ball to drain, lengthened the main flippers by 3 units and added a post (hidden behind the lower center 'stats board') between and behind the main flippers. Did away with the circular disc targets due to gameplay issues and they were a major source of cheap drains in the table.

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#242 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

After a lot of fighting with myself over how my design for my Twisted Sister table will turn out, I decided to put this one on the back burner for now until an inspiration on how I want the playfield will look comes to mind.

In the meantime, I am revisiting my Tron table and am going to scrap the ruleset and put in a better and more complex one. Will also entail putting in some more lights to help with the complex ruleset, I will also be removing the "Checkpoint" lights which were part of the original crappy ruleset biggrin.gif, and some scripting changes due to some bugs I have discovered while playing the game over time as well as implementing a more complex ruleset.

I really set the bar high for myself, as far as playfield design goes, with this table, and it deserves a better ruleset and gameplay than what I originally scripted in for it.

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#243 CaptainNeo

CaptainNeo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 782 posts
  • Location:Burlington, WI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Dazz @ May 15 2011, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (drunkeykong @ May 15 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think anyone will do a release of the new Stern tron table in the future?
Sure, give it about 8 to 10 years.


LOL you guys keep stretching it out more and more. The SAM system is being retired any day now. Suppose to be 3 years from that point. In the mean time, if people have the resources, they can design and make the table so it's ready to go. day one of year 3. Boom. Every SAM table released all done ready to go.


Visit my site, www.pinballrestorations.com for Pinball Playfield restoration services.
VP FS Wishlist {SafeCracker, Atlantis (redo), Defender, Arena, Champion Pub, Pinball Circus}

#244 zyborg

zyborg

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Doctor Who or Super Mario

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

Ooh! TRON! I can't wait! Actually...

Would it be worth downloading the one from September, or should I wait until you are finished with the new one?

#245 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

Go ahead and download the current one. I have to finish some projects (work related) before I get started on the gameplay overhaul. biggrin.gif

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!