Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

VPX Funhouse WIP


  • Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#181 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

What a Finish for 2016 ... wow !!!



#182 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

Thanks.

I'm hoping that if Pat Lawlor ever had a chance to play this Vp version. He would say Holy $hit, that plays and looks like the real thing. Job well done team.

 

That said, Hopefully I wont get sued since I own the real thing and dont own anything worth having,  except my pincab.. :P


Edited by wrd1972, 11 December 2016 - 02:22 AM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#183 TNT2

TNT2

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Depends on the day

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:52 AM

I don't mind saying it, that guy was a pinball genius.



#184 Rajo Joey

Rajo Joey

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Location:Niedersachsen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Abra Ca Dabra and many old EM-Tables

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

The last months give us so many fantastic tables.
Big thanks to all of you guys. I don't play pinball for nearly 30 years and then I encounter VP.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 Tablet Wifi mit Tapatalk

Rajo Joey - My front-end-files; Hundreds of Audio- and Videorecordings in high quality for Playfield (4k/60FPS) and Backglass (HD), Wheels & POV-Files: The Media-Post

https://www.facebook...02697096474910/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPAddicts/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPjunkies/


#185 Nemo

Nemo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,283 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

Pat Lawlor actually stated that he had indeed played a vpin at a show and that he was impressed with it.

I don't remember where i read that or what venue it was at but it was eighter 2014 or 2015. Can you imagine

if he would play a current vpx table ....... ohh my...


Gone fishin', no really.......

My F14 Cab http://www.vpforums....showtopic=21820

My Coffee Table http://www.vpforums....topic=25407&hl=

My Jukebox WIP http://www.vpforums....topic=23825&hl=


#186 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

Pat Lawlor actually stated that he had indeed played a vpin at a show and that he was impressed with it.

I don't remember where i read that or what venue it was at but it was eighter 2014 or 2015. Can you imagine

if he would play a current vpx table ....... ohh my...

I'd say that's pretty surprising since most of the videos I've seen showing vpins at shows usually do a poor job at show casing what the VP cab experience can really be, it's usually a dated model with dated tables.  There are plenty of guys who have made much more impressive cabs than what I've seen in videos of shows.  I remember seeing one in a TNT video and Todd Tucky makes fun of the vpincab, sarcastically saying "just like the real thing see".

 

Nemo I think you're correct when you say he would likely be impressed more so with VPX....and I think even more so with a fully loaded cab with all the DOF goodies.



#187 DJRobX

DJRobX

    Pinball Fan

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Location:Valencia, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: F14 Tomcat

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

I'd say that's pretty surprising since most of the videos I've seen showing vpins at shows usually do a poor job at show casing what the VP cab experience can really be, it's usually a dated model with dated tables.  There are plenty of guys who have made much more impressive cabs than what I've seen in videos of shows.  I remember seeing one in a TNT video and Todd Tucky makes fun of the vpincab, sarcastically saying "just like the real thing see".

 

I think if you've never seen a virtual pincab before, there's a lot of wow factor in just being able to play "real" tables in that form factor.  The additional DOF candy is just icing on the cake.   I saw the Ultrapin at CAX one year and I totally fell in love.     And that was with some pretty basic tables.    I will say the virtual plunger made the experience for me though. 



#188 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

Yeah I can understand that, I remember just being blown away when I first saw badboybill demo hyperpin for cabinet setup, the idea that people were spanning tvs and monitors just for pinball recreation really opened a door for me.



#189 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

Working the elves hard for a christmas eve release of funhouse. Cross your fingers. :)

Edited by wrd1972, 23 December 2016 - 08:45 PM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#190 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

Epic release I am thinking!

randr___pinball.png                         


#191 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

Working the elves hard for a christmas eve release of funhouse. Cross your fingers. :)

 

Terrific.... now I not only have to sit up all night waiting to catch the fat bastard who comes in and eats all my bloody cookies at this time of year.... I'm gunna have to keep my eyes on the shadows for that creepy little Rudy dude that wants to drag me away to god knows where and do god knows what to me :(

 

lol

 

Oh.... and please tell me that you haven't done a Santa mod... I'd lose my freak'n sh*t !!! 


Edited by RustyCardores, 23 December 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagram: https://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Work: http://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.


#192 TNT2

TNT2

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Depends on the day

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

Wahoo!



#193 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:15 PM


Working the elves hard for a christmas eve release of funhouse. Cross your fingers. :)

 
Terrific.... now I not only have to sit up all night waiting to catch the fat bastard who comes in and eats all my bloody cookies at this time of year.... I'm gunna have to keep my eyes on the shadows for that creepy little Rudy dude that wants to drag me away to god knows where and do god knows what to me :(
 
lol
 
Oh.... and please tell me that you haven't done a Santa mod... I'd lose my freak'n sh*t !!! 

Oh a Santa mod. Great idea. Will now to delay the release anout another week.;)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#194 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

 

 

Working the elves hard for a christmas eve release of funhouse. Cross your fingers. :)

 
Terrific.... now I not only have to sit up all night waiting to catch the fat bastard who comes in and eats all my bloody cookies at this time of year.... I'm gunna have to keep my eyes on the shadows for that creepy little Rudy dude that wants to drag me away to god knows where and do god knows what to me :(
 
lol
 
Oh.... and please tell me that you haven't done a Santa mod... I'd lose my freak'n sh*t !!! 

Oh a Santa mod. Great idea. Will now to delay the release anout another week. ;)

 

 

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol


Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagram: https://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Work: http://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.


#195 senseless

senseless

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 513 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: T2, Black Knight 2K, Monster Bash

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: senseless_mind

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Haha

 

bad-santa-2003.jpg



#196 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

btw, I rewrote my Diner Christmas poem for you. I hope you like it ;)

 

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' the house

Not a computer was stirring, not even a mouse;

The vPin was off and net access not there,

In fear of little Rudy and his creepy death stare;

The gamers were restless, full of fear and with dread

For soon in the darkness he'd rip off their head


Edited by RustyCardores, 23 December 2016 - 10:22 PM.

Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagram: https://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Work: http://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.


#197 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

Thenks for the poem. :)


I am away on vacation and tried to upload it last night, but there was some issue. No sure if it was with vpb or the network i was on.

I will try to find a public network in the morning and upload it on vpb first. Hopefully there wont be any problem there.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#198 xenonph

xenonph

    I have Pinball Fever!

  • VIP
  • 4,148 posts
  • Location:Castle Rock, WA.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales



Contributor

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

I don't think it was your network. The site has been running slow the past few days. (At least it seems that way to me. Pages have been timing out, and not loading, or loading very slowly.)

Maybe it's the Christmas Pinball rush, and alot of people are on all at same time, because it's only happening a few hours at a time, then seems to work perfect.)

 

Your table looks absolutely magnificent!!

Thanks for all the hard work and time you put into helping this community.

 

Carry on.


CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR
 


#199 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

Hmmm okay

I might be able to try again in about 2 hours from now. But i need more poems. Maybe some haiku. I love haiku. :)

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#200 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:21 AM

Hmmm okay

I might be able to try again in about 2 hours from now. But i need more poems. Maybe some haiku. I love haiku. :)

 

Peaceful slumber broken

Tiny feet shuffle closer

Hello Rudy hello death

 

:(


Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagram: https://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Work: http://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.