Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Medieval Madness VP10 WIP


  • Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#181 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

Clark with the castle at that change ... the Light172 have a hard noticeable halo. I change it to:

 

change Light172, halo height to 137

I can't seem to find Light172 in the select drop down menu...  :bye2:

 

Light172.jpg


3rs054-6.png


#182 kore64

kore64

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 10 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM, MM, MBOPB, MB, TOTAN

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: kore-64

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

Great table Dozer!

This table made me bite the bullet and upgrade my aging nvidia 570. With all the bells and whistles on i was struggling to maintain 20fps. Cant wait to play it when my 970 arrives later in the week.

#183 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

 

Clark with the castle at that change ... the Light172 have a hard noticeable halo. I change it to:

 

change Light172, halo height to 137

I can't seem to find Light172 in the select drop down menu...  :bye2:

 

Light172.jpg

 

mmmmm ... weird. I swear that is the one I change.... is the light at the top of the script that you can change the color based on a number, from green, red, purple, etc.

 

Let me check again in the Cabinet, brb.



#184 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:13 PM

here it is: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing



#185 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

I had a script error. I shot up the right ramp to save the Damsel and suddenly this error message:

 

Line 572:         Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0

 

 

I play this table in the desktop view


Edited by bolt, 16 November 2015 - 05:21 PM.

Posted Image

#186 jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 832 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Comet



Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

Great table Dozer!

This table made me bite the bullet and upgrade my aging nvidia 570. With all the bells and whistles on i was struggling to maintain 20fps. Cant wait to play it when my 970 arrives later in the week.

Will you please post your results? With all things being equal / the same for VP and any other system / nVidia settings but with just the 570 to 970 swap, I'm very curious as to the outright FPS improvement / percent improvement.


Edited by jimmyfingers, 16 November 2015 - 07:43 PM.


#187 kore64

kore64

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 10 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM, MM, MBOPB, MB, TOTAN

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: kore-64

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

 

Great table Dozer!

This table made me bite the bullet and upgrade my aging nvidia 570. With all the bells and whistles on i was struggling to maintain 20fps. Cant wait to play it when my 970 arrives later in the week.

Will you please post your results? With all things being equal / the same for VP and any other system / nVidia settings but with just the 570 to 970 swap, I'm very curious as to the outright FPS improvement / percent improvement.

 

Will do.



#188 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,157 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra



Contributor

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:41 AM

I had a script error. I shot up the right ramp to save the Damsel and suddenly this error message:

 

Line 572:         Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0

 

 

I play this table in the desktop view

 

B2SSetData is for cabs with backglass.  Add this text to the front of the line. 

 

If cController = 3 Then Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0



#189 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

 

I had a script error. I shot up the right ramp to save the Damsel and suddenly this error message:

 

Line 572:         Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0

 

 

I play this table in the desktop view

 

B2SSetData is for cabs with backglass.  Add this text to the front of the line. 

 

If cController = 3 Then Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0

 

 

Apologies Bolt, I forgot the if controller = 3 prefix for that line.  I was doing some testing on that damsel kicker and forgot to remove it.



#190 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

Thank you so much Dozer. Hurray, It works.


Posted Image

#191 blisse

blisse

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Location:Helsinki

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Stargate

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

Thank you so much Dozer. Hurray, It works.

What did you remove from there? I didn't quite understand what part should be taken out :|



#192 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:32 AM

Hey blisse, just put this code

 

If cController = 3 Then 

 

Before

 

Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0

So it looks like this

 

If cController = 3 Then Controller.B2SSetData 120,1:Controller.B2SSetData 120,0
 

On line 572.



#193 blisse

blisse

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Location:Helsinki

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Stargate

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

Thanks Dozer!



#194 gogo69

gogo69

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Location:Salzburg

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: hard to tell

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:41 AM

i recently playes a MM in a pub in Berlin. i think the ball moves way too fast on this last WIP table .. can you help me to adapt the speed a little ? i have no vp tuning abilities so far . i guess i am over my head this time :D


my cab : click!


#195 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

change the table slope in the table options (like on a real table ;)).


Edited by toxie, 18 November 2015 - 12:25 PM.


#196 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Toxie or someone else.....what do the different slopes(min/max) do?
I always set them to the same value. I would be nice with one value to change...in degrees.



#197 gogo69

gogo69

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Location:Salzburg

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: hard to tell

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

change the table slope in the table options (like on a real table ;)).

 

thanks toxie, btw it was @  white trash , if you want to play the real tabel some time ;)


Edited by gogo69, 18 November 2015 - 04:44 PM.

my cab : click!


#198 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,157 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra



Contributor

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:45 PM

You can also increase table friction as Clark mentioned in previous post. I think .02 was it

#199 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:41 AM

Also, change end position of the flippers from 65 to 68 (negative values for right flipper)
In order to flip pass, from left ramp to right flipper :)

3rs054-6.png


#200 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:02 AM

Toxie or someone else.....what do the different slopes(min/max) do?
I always set them to the same value. I would be nice with one value to change...in degrees.

 

The idea is that you can specify these 2 slopes, and then the user can select the 'difficulty' level 0..1 that would then blend between the two slopes (and also influence other things like 'randomness' of physics interactions).