Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Medusa VP9 1.1


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Medusa VP9 1.1



Version: 1.1.0
Category: VPinMAME 9.x Recreations

Author(s): jpsalas

Description:
Based on the table by Bally from 1981
Another oldie for you smile.gif

First I should like to thank studmuff and akiles for the pictures they sent me. The playfield is based on the flyer, so many of the images are still from the flyer.

Update 1.1
- Fixed typo in text light
- Changed nudge system to one used before. Using two keys, on for the light nudge and one for a stronger nudge. When the "analog" nudge is fully debugged and tested then I'll add it to my tables.

JP

View File

Submitted by jpsalas, on Aug 20 2010, 12:39 PM

Edited by jpsalas, 22 August 2010 - 05:30 AM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#2 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

Thank you JP I've been hoping for an update to this table. smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#3 Pin-Pete

Pin-Pete

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Location:Vantaa,Korso (20 km north from Helsinki)

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

JPSalas! You made my day once again! I suppose that I'm going to get flu to spoil my weekend.
So I'll play this masterpiece 'til I get too weak.Thanks for release,JP You're AWESOME!!
Had nausea yesterday.Today sore throat and headache.Darn!!

Greetings:Petri


#4 strangeleo72

strangeleo72

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 372 posts

  • Flag: Argentina

  • Favorite Pinball: VIRTUAL PINBALL



Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

Another OLDIE for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
heheheh


We Really Loves You JP!!!!
Strangeleo Pinball Entusiast and Photographer!!!

Posted Image
(thanks Grizz for the DMD)

#5 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Thanks JPSalas, very good table release.
Posted Image

#6 RealApprentice

RealApprentice

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 199 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: RealApprentice
  • 360 Gamer Tag: RealApprentice

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Another great one from the master.

I noticed that the number of credits isnt displayed. dont know if this a feature or bug wink.gif

thanks for another fine table and example how it is done.

#7 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (RealApprentice @ Aug 20 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another great one from the master.

I noticed that the number of credits isnt displayed. dont know if this a feature or bug wink.gif

thanks for another fine table and example how it is done.


I just checked and the credit display is working fine for me.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#8 serpiko

serpiko

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Location:france

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: GTB spirit and all the wonderful tables that you make

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Wow! This table is gorgeous!
I initially thought that the new system of tilt was a bug because I did not read the fact that commentary.It failed to start at the beginning but it's terrible!

x1000 thanks

ps: your logo on the ball is very beautiful

#9 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yes, I put the logo on the ball smile.gif I think it was nice, but easy to change if you don't like it smile.gif

About the match feature not displaying: press F6 and set the options you want. Remember to Press F3 to restart the rom.

Yes, Strangeleo, this one was for you smile.gif

JP

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#10 RealApprentice

RealApprentice

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 199 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: RealApprentice
  • 360 Gamer Tag: RealApprentice

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

LoL as it played well right away never bothered to press F6 and F3. But now all is displayed.

Thx again

btw interesting table to play

Edited by RealApprentice, 20 August 2010 - 06:08 PM.


#11 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

Wow! what a nice recreation, considering it was made mostly from a flyer! A little bit easy, but I love the strong gravity setting 1.6674 and the strong flippers too, combined with the low table slope (4.5 min/max) this plays great! Amazing job JP!!! biggrin.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#12 Shooby Doo

Shooby Doo

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Location:ATL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

I love this table, it's right up my alley. I'll be playing it a lot. Thanks JP!

A little feedback on the new nudging system (and it may be that I'm just not used to it yet): if it's less than a full nudge, there's no nudge until you take your finger off the nudge key. I'm used to immediate reaction - that fraction of second can sometimes make a difference.

#13 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Thanks again JP
SHOOT THE CORE

#14 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

Yes, the nudge system isn't 100%, just take it like a test. See how it works, if it is useful or not. I think there is a bug, and sometimes the nudge looks like it is made by Hercules smile.gif. But I preferred to put the system in a real table so it can be tested better. There is another thread about the nudging, so I guess between all involved something better will come out smile.gif

JP.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#15 ChainZaw

ChainZaw

    Pin Psycho

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Location:Puerto Rico

  • Flag: Puerto Rico

  • Favorite Pinball: Last Action Hero, Medieval Madness, T2, Elvira & Party Monsters, Sorcerer

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Why you do this to me JP? Im just starting to break free from my addiction to Lost World and you slap me with another great early 80s Bally table.Ill say thanx but mt wife says that she hates you. laugh.gif

 


#16 highrise

highrise

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 589 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff



Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

hey guys

I'll take a look at what JP has done with the nudging - basically it should only really trigger on the up key when you do a light nudge, a heavier one should kick in automatically. It needs a bit of tweaking I think, but it's hard to do something like this because a keyboard is essentially digital. To use the system you should basically 'flick' the keyboard, soft or hard, and see what that does.

#17 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:20 AM

Better & better & better & better & better.........................I just hope you never stop!

Thank you very much!
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd



#18 humid

humid

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 743 posts
  • Location:London Ontario

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight



Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for another great trip into the 80's J.P. Tables with intricate artwork always keep me coming back, nice results from using a flyer.
I tawt I gawt a weepway

#19 janux

janux

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

  • Flag: Argentina

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

Wow!... thanks for this great release Jp! I love everything about it! smile.gif

about the nudge system... i'm not quite confortable with the fact that it is not instant... 15ms seems nothing but, when comes to hard nudge it makes a difference... i've tried getting NudgeCount up to 10 (lines 234, 241) and works fine for me (I'd still rather 2 keys if I wanted diff. forces).... nevertheless this is completely off-topic, and is nothing, nothing compared to the amazing work you have done.

Your tables are, definitely, the School of VP! wink.gif
Thanks again.

#20 Itchigo

Itchigo

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: All




  • Trophies:

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

Wonderful! Especially from a flyer! As I told JP in an earlier conversation, I show his tables to friends as if unveiling a painting. Over here's the Monet, here's the Rembrant, here's the Picasso, and here's the JP's!

Edited by Itchigo, 21 August 2010 - 04:44 AM.

Founder of Rogue Pinball! https://roguepinball.com/index.php                 Making Pinball great again!!

 

partylikeits1776-.jpg