Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RollerCoaster Tycoon VP9


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:22 AM

RollerCoaster Tycoon VP9



Version: 2.0.0
Category: VPinMAME 9.x Recreations

Author(s): jpsalas

Description:
Based on the Stern table from 2002
Thanks to Destruk for letting me use his script. That speeded up the finishing of the table.

The table is completely angle independent. The table info includes some examples of different views, like a top view or a wide angle without dmd view.

View File

Submitted by jpsalas, on Sep 23 2009, 11:22 PM

Edited by jpsalas, 04 October 2009 - 11:07 AM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#2 KEG

KEG

    Virtual Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 687 posts
  • Location:Philadelphia, Pa.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: PINBOT

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: The_Real_KEG
  • 360 Gamer Tag: KEG

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:31 AM

Downloading now. Thanks for (I'm sure..lol) another great release.
-KEG

Edited by KEG, 24 September 2009 - 03:32 AM.


#3 el_timbo

el_timbo

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 107 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: T2



Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:53 AM

Welcome back JP!! Hope you had a great trip, thanks for the new release, look GREAT!!

el_timbo86

#4 destruk

destruk

    VPF Veteran

  • VPF Staff
  • 6,338 posts
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!



Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

The skill shot kicker should be probably twice as fast as it is now (200,25 or so) - the game looks great JPSalas. wink.gif

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.


#5 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:22 AM

Another GREAT release, JP!

It's getting more and more difficult to decide which table to play anymore tongue.gif

tup.gif

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#6 mystereo

mystereo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Location:NJ

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Big Bang Bar, Monopoly, Hook, Sorcerer, Dr. Dude

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:26 AM

What else can be said other than "WOW!" Excellent release.

QUOTE (Noah Fentz @ Sep 23 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another GREAT release, JP!

It's getting more and more difficult to decide which table to play anymore tongue.gif

tup.gif



#7 UncleReamus

UncleReamus

    Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:San Luis Obispo, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway



Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:34 AM

Very nice work JP! I agree with destruk about the target as well, but otherwise awesome job!

Posted Image


#8 rossicomputers

rossicomputers

    Gustavo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Boston MA USA

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

Another fantastic table...

Great Job JP

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Thank you very much.... Muito Obrigado... Gracias....Bonissimo

#9 Wahreez McDermot

Wahreez McDermot

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Location:Sugar Land, TX

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I can't pick just one!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

Very nice JP! Thanks for the excellent table. It's just too bad you couldn't change that guy who talks on the rom with a less irritating voice, lol. The table looks great though and plays well to! I'm sure I'll have a ton of fun with this one.

I also love your angle independent action! It's the shiznit! I haven't had a lot of time to play this one just yet, but I am sure I'll have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks again for all your fantastic contributions to the VP community!

-Wahreez

#10 khomodo

khomodo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: dead hunter

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

Hello,

Played it last night. Great job, i had a lot of fun (didnt played this in real life). Thanks to take time to offer such beautiful tables to the community ! biggrin.gif


#11 d3xtro

d3xtro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: World Cup Soccer '94

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:13 AM

Thanks once again JP !!!

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

drinks.gif

#12 Mr. Pacman

Mr. Pacman

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

  • Flag: Greece

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

Thank you so much JP...it looks sooo perfect!

#13 gordon

gordon

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Location:Schleswig-Holstein/Kiel

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

Thanks jpsalas, for another great Table!!!

good.gif

#14 TAB

TAB

    Out of order

  • VIP
  • 2,556 posts
  • Location:Berlin/Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: BOP The Machine



Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Amazing smile.gif
Big thanks smile.gif

#15 Hanson

Hanson

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Location:Mainz/Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Thank you very much JP biggrin.gif ! Much fun to play this one!

Thanks again!

#16 kristian

kristian

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 417 posts
  • Location:French Polynesia

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Alien Poker



Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

Absolute pure GENIUS once again... what a masterpiece... these get better and better by every release.

Thanks JP....!

#17 Shooby Doo

Shooby Doo

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Location:ATL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:45 PM

Another great playing table JP! I like how you made it angle independent.

#18 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

A thing 'o beauty, once again. Givin' 'er a whirl right away.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#19 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

Thanks for all your comments! smile.gif

Thanks destruk for the tip, I'll keep it in mind for the next version (it always use to be a new version after a 1.0 smile.gif )

With VP9 it is easier to get the angle you want, because you can also change the zoom (X Scale, Y Scale and the offset). Now it is possible to have higher ramps at the sides of the table without shrinking the table at all.

JP

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#20 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

Looks like a lot of fun. Again a lot of craftsmanship put into this table. Thanks for this beauty!