• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!

Contributor

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (TheLoneWolf_Va @ May 12 2011, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ArtificialEnemy @ Apr 4 2011, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DedRok_V @ Mar 24 2011, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (unclewilly @ Mar 24 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I'm sure the community would rather see it done by jp or groni.

Ha , thats funny Scott. rofl.gif

Your tables rock, good to see you gettin set up, ready to roll some out. whistle.gif (Movin sucks)

Had no stuttering on Mono, smooth as, i7 950 3ghz 4gb Ram 2 GTS250
a little bit with uvp, but that does nothing anyway, so dont use it.

unclewilly your tables rock. They have their own unique style about them. Usually large balls and nice graphics. Keep up the good work and the table making.

I too would love to see your handiwork on getting this to work with the VP9x series. I tried working on it myself, but being a newbie, I couldn't quite fix the issues I have. The ball gets trapped in the wire ramps near the flippers, and I also discovered in the editor that 5 or 6 of the kickers that are on the table weren't even enabled! (left side there are three on top of each other, one by the rotating flipper under the side flipper above it, and I think one or to others. UncleWilly, I love what you did with the Pinbot series tables, so don't think your tables aren't as good as JP or Groni or Destruk's. They are awesome! Two other tables I would love to see retooled are: Maverick and Twister. I have fixed my copy of twister to change the color of the wire ramps and get the one above the magnetic wheel to line up a bit more with the 'mount' and kept the shape of the ramp close to the original shape from the real table the best I could. I also added the background of the full size shot of the background. I dont know how to animate the lights and all that for it, but I figured it just looked a bit better this way. Not really worth posting as a mod, but if anyone would like it I can post it later.

Greywolf

If you do post the mod, please make sure you have permission first before you do.
Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#22 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 823 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: TOM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

I am sure the Uncle Willy magic could work wonders on Monopoly cool.gif

The man is a busy dude, so be patient, and see what he can do biggrin.gif

Cheers Buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#23 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

So, I did some experimenting with Monopoly and this is what I found.

In Win7-64bit - quad core (gtx460/gtx450) @ 4.0ghz it runs a bit choppy and stuttery the entire game. Using prefinity - I divided up the tasks putting FVP in on it's own cpu. No change in the way it acted, however no CPU went over 50% usage.

At some point, I tabbed out to do something and noticed something odd. FVP stays on top of everything! I max'd a window and FVP pics were still on top. I tabbed back to the actual table, and the FVP pictures were gone from the screen and were hidden. You could still see the actual ramps from the VP table. I started a game. It ran flawlessly. No stutters at all. I watched the CPU usage and FVP was still running, it just wasn't visible on screen. I closed out of VP and was able to reproduce this affect. This leads me to believe the real issue here is VP fighting for some sort of layer priorities with FVP. I don't know enough about VP to say for sure why this is, but I even changed the ramps from acrylic to alpha and was able to play stutter free. So assuming this is true, then shouldn't someone be able to take the "parts" that are displayed in FVP and import them into the actual VP table, then of course using alpha ramps as well? I am not sure what all FVP is actually doing in the game. It seems like it was used for some high quality textures and ramps...but did it have any table scripting as well?

Seems this would be easier than re making the entire table, the table is great as is.

If needed I will post a video of this later. I think someone who knows more about VP than me should try this.

#24 maceman

maceman

Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Zab,

I am wondering whathappens if you startMonopoly, go to task manager,and change the layers there, ie. move vp to the front etc....

If we can figure out the correct order to put the layers via task manager, i wonder if this could be a workaround for now ? Please post a vid of what you did so we can all play a studder free game!!!

Cheers,
Maceman
________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#25 unclewilly

unclewilly

sofa king.....

• VIP
  • 5,081 posts

• Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

Bill gave me permission to mod it, just haven't had time, been working
On Freddy and the Simpsons, and mousin around. I will get
To it eventually

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"

Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif

#26 epthegeek

epthegeek

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 618 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ May 13 2011, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
been working On Freddy and the Simpsons, and mousin around.

Somebody get me a mop, I'm drooling up a storm here biggrin.gif

#27 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (epthegeek @ May 14 2011, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (unclewilly @ May 13 2011, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
been working On Freddy and the Simpsons, and mousin around.

Somebody get me a mop, I'm drooling up a storm here biggrin.gif

He'll yea. Thank goodness UW is back in action.

#28 dokworm

dokworm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

That is really great news! I'd love to see a Monopoly table that was stutter-free.

I am intrigued by Zablon's post though , can you give us more detail?

#29 Lamprey

Lamprey

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 11 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Addam's Family

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Zablon @ May 12 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I did some experimenting with Monopoly and this is what I found.

In Win7-64bit - quad core (gtx460/gtx450) @ 4.0ghz it runs a bit choppy and stuttery the entire game. Using prefinity - I divided up the tasks putting FVP in on it's own cpu. No change in the way it acted, however no CPU went over 50% usage.

At some point, I tabbed out to do something and noticed something odd. FVP stays on top of everything! I max'd a window and FVP pics were still on top. I tabbed back to the actual table, and the FVP pictures were gone from the screen and were hidden. You could still see the actual ramps from the VP table. I started a game. It ran flawlessly. No stutters at all. I watched the CPU usage and FVP was still running, it just wasn't visible on screen. I closed out of VP and was able to reproduce this affect. This leads me to believe the real issue here is VP fighting for some sort of layer priorities with FVP. I don't know enough about VP to say for sure why this is, but I even changed the ramps from acrylic to alpha and was able to play stutter free. So assuming this is true, then shouldn't someone be able to take the "parts" that are displayed in FVP and import them into the actual VP table, then of course using alpha ramps as well? I am not sure what all FVP is actually doing in the game. It seems like it was used for some high quality textures and ramps...but did it have any table scripting as well?

Seems this would be easier than re making the entire table, the table is great as is.

If needed I will post a video of this later. I think someone who knows more about VP than me should try this.

I had a similar experience about 6 months ago. I was using an older Quad Core 2.4 GHz with an 8800GT as the primary card and most tables played fine, Monoply, not so much. But, I think I did something similar by tabing out and Monopoly started played smooth as silk. I tried a few more times but was only able to reproduce the affect one or twice and I couldn't figure out how to reproduce it consistantly so I gave up on that.

#30 singinfool64

singinfool64

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 70 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

I know this is an old thread, but while trying to get Monopoly to play tonight, I removed the script for the LED's on the Electric Co sign in the playfield, and it played perfectly smooth with no jitter at all, so if you can live without the scrolling sign in the playfield, you can have a great time playing this table !! smile.gif Rob

I guess I should also tell what my system consists of: Quad core AMD at 3.1 Ghz, 4 GB ddr3 1600, 2 x Nvidia 9500 GT with 1 GB DDR2 on each card, and I'm also using a Crucial SSD.

#31 Arcade4

Arcade4

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (singinfool64 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is an old thread, but while trying to get Monopoly to play tonight, I removed the script for the LED's on the Electric Co sign in the playfield, and it played perfectly smooth with no jitter at all, so if you can live without the scrolling sign in the playfield, you can have a great time playing this table !! smile.gif Rob

I guess I should also tell what my system consists of: Quad core AMD at 3.1 Ghz, 4 GB ddr3 1600, 2 x Nvidia 9500 GT with 1 GB DDR2 on each card, and I'm also using a Crucial SSD.

If you could post what script you removed, that would be awesome.
I was just thinking about taking Monoply off my wheel because my family always stops at the one table that will not play. lol.

#32 BitPirate

BitPirate

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Creature from the black lagoon

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (singinfool64 @ Apr 17 2012, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of fps do you get pre and post modification?

This table has always been a bit of an enigma for me...the fps show in the thousands during gameplay and hundreds when ball is at rest in shooter lane. I've always thought those were simply incorrect.. though I can't remember ever seeing any lag. (Intel Dual core e8400 oc to 3.6ghz, 4gb ram, GTX560)
My Transformers Build - Here

#33 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

If anyone wants to try, the newest beta Nvidia drivers seem to fix the stutter in Monopoly, and also the backglass works in FP. (see the post in the Future Pinball thread).

I am getting a weird Flash VP error when trying to run Monopoly from Hyperpin. It errors on line 41 (cannot connect to socket) then line 62 (same error). This error does not happen if you just run Monopoly in VP outside of Hyperpin. No idea why. I see in the Hyperspin forums that a few other people had this same error, but I don't see a solution.

#34 luvthatapex

luvthatapex

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,435 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thats the FVP service timing out. Change the FVP Timer to 6000 or 7000 (its originally 3000).
This will fix it for you.

QUOTE (Zablon @ Apr 17 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone wants to try, the newest beta Nvidia drivers seem to fix the stutter in Monopoly, and also the backglass works in FP. (see the post in the Future Pinball thread).

I am getting a weird Flash VP error when trying to run Monopoly from Hyperpin. It errors on line 41 (cannot connect to socket) then line 62 (same error). This error does not happen if you just run Monopoly in VP outside of Hyperpin. No idea why. I see in the Hyperspin forums that a few other people had this same error, but I don't see a solution.

#35 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (luvthatapex @ Apr 17 2012, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats the FVP service timing out. Change the FVP Timer to 6000 or 7000 (its originally 3000).
This will fix it for you.

QUOTE (Zablon @ Apr 17 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks..I had tried that..but hadn't run that high up. 7000 worked....oddly didn't need to change that in just VP.

#36 singinfool64

singinfool64

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Arcade4 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just thinking about taking Monoply off my wheel because my family always stops at the one table that will not play. lol.

Sub DisplayTimer_Timer
Dim ChgLED,ii,num,chg,stat,obj,objf,x,y
ChgLED=Controller.ChangedLEDs(&H00000000, &Hffffffff)
If Not IsEmpty(ChgLED) Then
For ii = 0 To UBound(chgLED)
num = chgLED(ii, 0) : chg = chgLED(ii, 1) : stat = chgLED(ii, 2)
For y = 0 to 6
If chg And 1 Then
If (stat and 1) = 1 Then
Ledf(num)(y).state = 0
Led(num)(y).state = 1
Else
led(num)(y).state = 0
ledf(num)(y).state = 1
End If
End If
chg = chg\4:stat = stat\4
Next
Next
End If
End Sub

This is the section I deleted and it only removes the display from the electric co sign in the playfield. It would probably help to change the ball, too, as it's quite transparent and tough to keep an eye on with soo much going on. smile.gif

#37 singinfool64

singinfool64

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (singinfool64 @ Apr 18 2012, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Arcade4 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sub DisplayTimer_Timer
Dim ChgLED,ii,num,chg,stat,obj,objf,x,y
ChgLED=Controller.ChangedLEDs(&H00000000, &Hffffffff)
If Not IsEmpty(ChgLED) Then
For ii = 0 To UBound(chgLED)
num = chgLED(ii, 0) : chg = chgLED(ii, 1) : stat = chgLED(ii, 2)
For y = 0 to 6
If chg And 1 Then
If (stat and 1) = 1 Then
Ledf(num)(y).state = 0
Led(num)(y).state = 1
Else
led(num)(y).state = 0
ledf(num)(y).state = 1
End If
End If
chg = chg\4:stat = stat\4
Next
Next
End If
End Sub

This is the section I deleted and it only removes the display from the electric co sign in the playfield. It would probably help to change the ball, too, as it's quite transparent and tough to keep an eye on with soo much going on. smile.gif

Along the same note, another table that I couldn't play no matter what I did was the Alpha version of LW3, even with UVP off, I could only get a strobe effect and my flippers would go 2 secs after hitting them, but I changed the LampTimer.Interval from 35 to a higher number and the table became more playable. Finally, I tried it at 350.....lol..... I don't really have a clue other than trial and error, but it worked and I can now play it. As far as testing FPS, I've only been playing with these for the last couple months, so I don't even no where to test the FPS.

#38 BitPirate

BitPirate

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Creature from the black lagoon

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Zablon @ Apr 17 2012, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for sharing smile.gif Thats good news as occasionally I do get a nvidia related bluescreen :S with the modified 270 drivers Im running now.
To confirm, are you referring to version 301.24 ?
My Transformers Build - Here

#39 luvthatapex

luvthatapex

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,435 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was playing Monopoly last night and noticed there are some settings to try for those that have stuttering when playing Monopoly.
I was trying it on a slower PC (3 gHz dual core with 1 nVidia 512mb card) and it was just getting by. No problems at all on my cab with the 3.2 gHz and dual 1Gb nVidia cards.

first of all, I am playing Monopoly_FVP_BBB_v2_PDmod.vpt - as I know there was a version 1 earlier release.

In the top of the script, BBB has some nice comments regarding boosting performance/lowering reflections
1) You can try lowering the transparencyquality. Its currently at 7, try 6, then 5, etc.
2) you can try changing Const FVpFlashers = false

See below....

'FlashQuality, the rendering quality of images. Best is anti-aliased and smoothed, Low is not anti-aliased and not smoothed.
Const FlashQuality = "LOW" ' Can be "LOW", "MEDIUM", "HIGH" , "BEST"

'TransparencyQuality 100 is the lowest quality, but as the number goes up less calculations are performed, so fast animations might not update on
'the screen as fast, 100 is not recommended as you'll miss flasher animations, but if your table doesnt have much going on then set this all the way up.
Const TransparencyQuality = 7 'A good number, if you have delayed flashers, set lower one number at a time.
Const FVpFlashers = true ' Set this to false to disable flasher effects to increase performance

Good luck, This is a fun table and should be on everyones cab!

#40 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (BitPirate @ Apr 18 2012, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zablon @ Apr 17 2012, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for sharing smile.gif Thats good news as occasionally I do get a nvidia related bluescreen :S with the modified 270 drivers Im running now.
To confirm, are you referring to version 301.24 ?

Yes 301.24.

Apex - yea, I've toyed with those settings. The game plays better than it did (before these new drivers), however the ball still disappears randomly during sound intensive portions. I even went so far as to change the sound quality to 8000 instead of 44000, but really saw no improvement from that. I know this table is on a few peoples plates to incorporate the FlashVP graphics into just plain VP since really ramps etc have come a long way since this was made.