Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

High Speed 1.0.5 4x3 VP912 [VP 9.x Desktop]


  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image

File Name: High Speed 1.0.5 4x3 VP912
File Submitter: kruge99
File Submitted: 15 Oct 2010
File Category: VPinMAME 9.x Recreations
Author(s): Kruge99
Manufacturer: Williams
Year: 1986
Permission to MOD?: Yes, with approval

4x3 Desktop VPinMAME/VP912 table

This is High Speed by Williams, 1986
"Run the light--and get away-at High Speed."
 
Version 1.0.5 for VP912 release notes:
4x3 conversion of my pin-cab version of High Speed
-added Koadic's IM Plunger
-minor graphical tweaks
-fix minor things that were annoying me

Version 1.0.1 for VP912 release notes:
-only added alpha-transparent image for clear plastic ramp cover. No other changes made so the version number didn't change.
-this version does not work on VP versions prior to VP91x.

Version 1.0.1 release notes:
-fixed the flipper logos to prevent them from moving in a non-game state
-fixed the kickback to stop it from firing when kickback should be disabled
-fixed the plunger anim code to comment out a line that became un-commented at some point
-added the 1024 sized image for people who received the offscreen surface error
-added two more ball colour changes to the lower playfield - watch for them!

Concept by: Steve Ritchie
Design by: Steve Ritchie
Art by: Mark Sprenger, Python Anghelo
Music by: Steve Ritchie, Bill Parod
Sound by: Larry DeMar, Eugene Jarvis, Bill Parod
Software by: Larry DeMar

VPinMAME/VP9 Notes:
This table is inspired by and dedictated to: (in no particular order)
Destruk
TAB
Unclewilly
Noah
JPSalas
PacDude

Special Thanks goes out to Sabbat Moon and TheKeef for beta testing. (How are those flipper settings coming TheKeef?)

Keen eyed players will notice a missing plastic. Once I find a reasonably good image, I'll trace it and add it in a future update.

Note to Widescreen Monitor users:
If your monitor is set to a 16:9 resolution, change the x-scale to 0.75, the y-scale to 1.08 and the y-offset to 42 on the Backdrop tab, under "colors & formatting"

Final Note: If I borrowed some code or technique from you and forgot to include you in the credits, please let me know and I'll update the table.

**Note: How to use the 1024 sized playfield:
1)When you open the High Speed table click on the Options button on the left of editor to make the options menu appear on the right side of the editor.

2)Look on the Options menu on the right side, and under Colors and formatting it should say Image: PF-GI-On
-->change the PF-GI-On image to PF-GI-On-1024 and save the table and exit VP9.

3)re-open VP9 and load up the High Speed table, it is now using a 1024 max sized image and should avoid the rendering problems

I have included the 'Toronto' highway signs for the spinners in a separate folder. Simply go into the image manager and use the "reimport from" button to replace the images, save the table under a new name and enjoy!

Here's a link to plastics and plunger cover images sized to 1024 to avoid graphic issues on lower end systems. Go into Table --> Image Manager, click on one of the plastics images and click on the "reimport from" button and select the image file with the same name.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T73TFCIG

Click here to download this file
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#2 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

looks great Todd I'll snag the WS and FS when its time smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#3 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

Downloading, sloooooooooooooooooow wink.gif


"Unable to............." otvwimper.gif

Are there images larger than 1024x1024 I could try to reduce?

Edited by 1234fd, 15 October 2010 - 05:23 PM.

From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd



#4 faralos

faralos

    VPF Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Eastern Pa,USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated




  • Trophies:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

am having odd graphical issues with this pin. is it supposed to look like this? I am using vp9.09, but the same thing happens with vp9.08 too! And yes i have hd off.

Attached Files


"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs


#5 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (faralos @ Oct 15 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am having odd graphical issues with this pin. is it supposed to look like this? I am using vp9.09, but the same thing happens with vp9.08 too! And yes i have hd off.


Even with HD Rendering off it seems your graphic card is still unable to draw the playfield because it's size is 975x2048. I tested the 4x3 version on a system with a 512Mb card and this didn't happen. I'll have to post an update with a smaller playfield after all I guess.


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#6 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

gonna be a WS version or is this table moddable to WS?
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#7 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

farlos, just resize all the playfield and plastics images to 1024x1024 and reimport them, that should fix your issue

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#8 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Oct 15 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gonna be a WS version or is this table moddable to WS?



Settings to mod to WS in the first post. dblthumb.gif
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd



#9 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

-> Sabbat: it's fully modifiable to WS, check the download notes, I explained the "Backdrop" settings I recommended in there. (top of page 1 of this forum post)

-> Faralos, (and anyone else who has the same video trouble) until I get some more bugs to fix, this is what you can do in the mean time:
-after loading High Speed into the VP9 editor, go into Table -> Image Manager and export the image named "PF-GI-On" and use a graphic program like "TheGimp" to re-scale the image.
starting size: 975x2048
re-scaled size: 975x1024
-make sure you disable the "maintain aspect ratio" setting or the width size will be 487.5 which will look bad in my humble opinion.
-re-import the file using Table -> Image Manager -> click on the "re-import from" button and choose the re-scaled image.
-repeat the same steps above for each of the following images: PFA, PFB, PFC, PFD.
-If the washed-out graphic problem persists, you can repeat the scaling steps for the plastics images as well: HS-Plastics-dark, HS-Plastics-dark-Tp-Rt, HS-Plastics-dark-trees, HS-Plastics-lit


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#10 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

sorry, dont know how i missed the WS settings
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#11 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Thank you very much for this very good release.
Posted Image

#12 slam23

slam23

    Pinhead extraordinaire

  • Charter Member
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Somewhere behind VP8 or 9!

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones (1993) + Lord of the Rings

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hi Kruge99,

Great job! Thanks for recreating this table, I wish I had some of your skills! Did I remember correctly from your WIP thread that this is your first table? Amazing!
I have played some short rounds and I have some feedback. It concerns mainly with the "floating" feel the table has to me. The ball reacts too slow and seems to "float" over the field. I checked your settings and while I am no expert, I would suggest changing the table -min and -max slope to around 6,5 both. It still may need some tweaks from there probably but it already felt more "right" to me. Maybe it's a taste thing? Otherwise no issues,
Getting back to play now!
Slam23

Did you know that "playing pinball" is called "flipperen" in Dutch? Now you know and may your life be enriched by this arcane knowledge....

#13 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (slam23 @ Oct 15 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Kruge99,

Great job! Thanks for recreating this table, I wish I had some of your skills! Did I remember correctly from your WIP thread that this is your first table? Amazing!
I have played some short rounds and I have some feedback. It concerns mainly with the "floating" feel the table has to me. The ball reacts too slow and seems to "float" over the field. I checked your settings and while I am no expert, I would suggest changing the table -min and -max slope to around 6,5 both. It still may need some tweaks from there probably but it already felt more "right" to me. Maybe it's a taste thing? Otherwise no issues,
Getting back to play now!
Slam23


Thanks slam23, you're more than welcome to change the slope setting to your preference. The only control I have is the version uploaded here. wink.gif Once it's on your HDD, you can change whatever setting you like. dblthumb.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#14 WhenLit

WhenLit

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Location:Paris, France

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: TZ, Xenon, TOTAN, IJ, EBD, ...

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Very nice recreation.

Thank you
Initially registered in March, 2001.

#15 TuNk77

TuNk77

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM, TAF

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:44 PM

Thank for the table smile.gif But, I noticed one thing, the Williams logo on the flippers move even when there's no ball in play or no credit.
AvPD

#16 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!!! G-R-E-A-T!!! clapping.gif

Very well done!!! Interesting the ball change colors as the lights changes!!!

Thanks a lot for this beauty!!! Really an excelent job!!!
Excuse me... Now I will play!!!! smile.gif

Worship.gif


Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#17 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (TuNk77 @ Oct 15 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank for the table smile.gif But, I noticed one thing, the Williams logo on the flippers move even when there's no ball in play or no credit.


I figured out what did wrong in the script. It will be fixed when I eventually upload the 1.0.1 version. Sorry for not noticing that in the last bit of testing.


Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#18 ChainZaw

ChainZaw

    Pin Psycho

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Location:Puerto Rico

  • Flag: Puerto Rico

  • Favorite Pinball: Last Action Hero, Medieval Madness, T2, Elvira & Party Monsters, Sorcerer

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:22 AM

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanx a lot Kruge, this one is perfect for the HS Topic!!!

 


#19 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

I think when I upload version 1.0.1 of the 4x3 table I'll make it a low-res version to hopefully make it more accessible to everyone. What this means is if you want the "hi-res" version, you will have to re-import the hi-res playfield and other texture images I will include in the zip file or make available as a separate download from an external file host.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. as soon as I can figure out how to fix the 'stuck ball' in the Fullscreen version I will upload 1.0.1 - probably Sunday evening, Eastern Standard Time, at the latest.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#20 faralos

faralos

    VPF Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Eastern Pa,USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated




  • Trophies:

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ Oct 15 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
farlos, just resize all the playfield and plastics images to 1024x1024 and reimport them, that should fix your issue


cool! thanks muchly!
ok just re-sized the playfield image( and ONLY the playfield image) to 1024 by 1024 bmp of course! that did it see? thanks fo rthat Worship.gif clapping.gif

Attached Files


Edited by faralos, 16 October 2010 - 04:45 AM.

"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs