File Name: PPPD Peter Puck Pinball Disaster

File Submitter: DocRudi

File Submitted: 08 Sep 2010

File Category: Future Pinball

Author(s): HaJo
Manufacturer: Original
Year: 2010
Permission to MOD?: No

NOBODY IS LIKE RUDI - you know what happens if you lose..

this work was an experimantal test of future pinball from an newbie. just for fun, i started to rebuild the graphically very bad Windows XP pinball - and then i can't stop it ... it grew and grew more and more...

my PPPD is an 4 Player, very detailed (> 790 objects), classic roule based pinball (i think so). I tried to implement some interesting obstacles and duties. This pinball machine is an completely fictitious work. It is no rebuild of an original and it is no copy of an Pinball from an other author. however, it seems funny to play. So I load it up for your opinions.

The sound scenery, the voice output (announcements) and the music are at the moment still free demos, a synthetic Robot voice and my own keyboard and sampler productions. others can do this better. Much better.

After start the simulation, BackBox shows the question "high or low pc performance" (you can change with right and left flipperbutton, and activate your selection by pressing the start button (by default that are left & right shift button and "1").

If you choose High PC Performance mode, 10 balls on Apron are held and released in the play course when needs. Then the ball rules are completely mechanically. There is no CreateBall or DestroyBall active in the Coding (only at startup to create the 10 needed Balls).

10 Balls on Playfield needs very high performance on graficcard and/or pc. you can choose low performance if the gameplay jerks. in that case, there are no balls shown/hold on apron, and the maximum balls on playfield are 5. the disaster/adventure game mode (with more than 5 balls) is deactivatet, and some surfaces are hide.

i know, the high-resolution texture need high performance also in 'low performance' mode. Sorry for that. but it look's bad if i reduce the resolution of the texture.

test & enjoy - have fun - i hope for your opinions.
-
you find the base rules on signs around the playfield.
you find additional rules in the TABLE INFORMATION window (Rule Set).
-
Version 0.1.10:
some fixes, some optimisations and a new HUD (HUD now identically with the 4 line maindisplay)
-
Version 0.1.13:
small fixes, reduce glossiness and transparency (to reduce grafic power load (a little)), few additional optimisations (no gameplay changes!)
-
Version 0.1.17
smaler fixes. hopefully i fix that d****d Line 5187 and 5210 Error
-
Version 0.9.0
i fix the line 3768 error: object not exist. default Table Slope now 8 degrees
-
Version 0.9.1
some playfield optimisations and an additional Kicker in the upper left for random goody's, if you hit it four times
-
Version 0.9.2
again there was an coding error for multiball lock. sorry for that and thanks to mike for reporting it. and i create a new Playfield main-picture. after few playfield optimizations i must replace the graphics, a bit.
now i think it's the final version (or do you find additional coding mistakes?)
-
Version 0.9.3
many players ask me to speed up the game flow. ok - i do so! i speeded up all timers for the kickers (now very short hold time). default power for the flippers and bumpers are increased. now you can force the bonus counting, by pressing the flipper buttons. have fun and by the way, i wish all players an good start in 2015! My best wishes for you all!

Click here to download this file

#2 wtiger

wtiger

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,148 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Junkyard

Contributor

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

DocRudi,
That looks pretty wild. Thanks for sharing!

#3 humid

humid

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 743 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

Though my computer can't handle the 10 ball option, I have enjoyed all that is available in the lite version. The table delivers a solid balance of quality in the music, graphics and layout. This certainly deserves more comments on the polished effort you have shared. Multiball is still quite fun with just 3, and I like the music shift. Hope to see more of your creative pinball efforts down the road.
I tawt I gawt a weepway

#4 FoxZero

FoxZero

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: TimeShock!

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the excellent table! I like tables that have character and I like them to be busy, so this table suites me quite well.

A few suggestions. The ball seemed a bit flouty and slow to me so I upped the table slope to 7 degrees. This made things a bit faster and fun for me, while upping the challenge a bit. I tried 8 degrees which made things nice and frantic, but then the ball really seemed to drop right down the center to a point where I couldn't play for very long. So I'd suggest playing around with a 7 degree slope and see how you like it.

Also the flippers on the upper playing field didn't seem very useful. Not sure how I'd change that.

All and all I love this table! I hope you keep updating it.

#5 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

my son (Aduke, just registered on the forum) got a script error on line 5203, succeed when he blocked a 3rd ball before the multiball
dont tell me more - lol

ps : this succeed when video settings were on LOW, when playing in HIGH, this bug does not happend !?
ps2 : game was also too slow : slope was set to 8, and flipper power was increase...

Edited by RipleYYY, 24 October 2010 - 04:30 PM.

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#6 bha19

bha19

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre Of Magic

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

I too get a multiball error. I think mine is set to high though and the error said something like can't perform operation

#7 than-zai

than-zai

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: future pinball

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

great pinball, nice grafics and sound
thanks

#8 bladexdsl

bladexdsl

Joined the elite ranks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Scared stiff and Congo

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

i got a script error 5187 after locking the 1st ball and had to reset.

#9 FrankT

FrankT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The Flintstones (although I'll play any pinball machine!)

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Looks like a spiffing table! Er - is there a family version? pardon.gif (If not, I'll still get by)

Edited by FrankT, 16 March 2011 - 02:37 PM.