Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Medusa VP9 FS 1.0.0


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

Medusa VP9 FS 1.0.0



Version: 1.0.0
Category: VP 9.x Cabinet Tables (FULL SCREEN)

Author(s): PacDude, Todd - Fullscreen conversion,

Description:
Fullscreen VP9 Table
Theme: Fantasy - Myth and Legend
Specialty: Zipper Flippers [?]
Notable Features: Flippers (4, the upper 2 are "Time Locked Zipper Flippers"), Pop bumpers (4). Metamorphic drop targets (7), 4-bank drop targets (1), Kick-out hole (1). Digital displays in playfield. Has player-controlled rubbered post between flippers to hit ball back into play, a feature also found in Bally's 1981 'Fireball II'. Red translucent lower flippers are lit from underneath.
Design by: Wally Welch
Art by: Kevin O'Connor

The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely.

If UVP server 0.68 keeps crashing, try using the UVP Medusa 2.1.0 created by Pharaoah.

Instructions on hiding the DMD LED display:
-Look for this code in the script:
CODE
       Else
        'Controller.Hidden = True
        Controller.Hidden = False
          If LedStatus = 1 Then ' Restore LED panel displays from storage array if LED display option is changed during the game


and change it to this:

CODE
       Else
        Controller.Hidden = True
        'Controller.Hidden = False
          If LedStatus = 1 Then ' Restore LED panel displays from storage array if LED display option is changed during the game


View File

Submitted by kruge99, on Apr 30 2010, 01:08 PM
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#2 pharaoh

pharaoh

    !

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Hudson, FL 34669 USA

  • Flag: United States of America



Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

What is the voice saying after 'Time your shot' ?
I am the bravest cowboy that ever rode the west - Ive been all over the Rockies - got bullets in my chest

#3 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (pharaoh @ Apr 30 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the voice saying after 'Time your shot' ?


I think it says "light gorgons"
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#4 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,242 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Great you've released this beauty conversion kruge99!

Coming back to afore mentioned UVP issue, it can't be a Windows 7 64bit compatibility issue while I've tested it on this O/S and worked 100% well as shown in the test-results I sent you earlier.

Anyone interested in the results, follow the links below:

VP 9.07 + UltraVPServer v0.6.8 + Medusa.vpt + UVP Medusa
http://www.mediafire.com/?izyj1gi5wdn


VP 9.07 + UltraVPServer v0.6.8 + Medusa.vpt + UVP Medusa + HyperPin FrontEnd
http://www.mediafire.com/?eulznntjyji


Thanks for the great conversion! wink.gif

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#5 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has partially been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely. Let me know if you find a permanent fix please. Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I wish I could figure out what is different on your system Flying Dutchman, but I am glad it's working flawlessly for you! cool.gif
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#6 pharaoh

pharaoh

    !

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Hudson, FL 34669 USA

  • Flag: United States of America



Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has partially been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely. Let me know if you find a permanent fix please. Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I wish I could figure out what is different on your system Flying Dutchman, but I am glad it's working flawlessly for you! cool.gif

I got it to behave by doing 2 things:
put the timer code in as suggested above
then make sure to comment out
'Controller.Hidden = False <-- like that
so you have:
Controller.Hidden = True

seems to work without any errors now
hope this helps . I love this table cool.gif

pharaoh




I am the bravest cowboy that ever rode the west - Ive been all over the Rockies - got bullets in my chest

#7 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (pharaoh @ May 1 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has partially been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely. Let me know if you find a permanent fix please. Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I wish I could figure out what is different on your system Flying Dutchman, but I am glad it's working flawlessly for you! cool.gif

I got it to behave by doing 2 things:
put the timer code in as suggested above
then make sure to comment out
'Controller.Hidden = False <-- like that
so you have:
Controller.Hidden = True

seems to work without any errors now
hope this helps . I love this table cool.gif

pharaoh


Ah Ha!! So making certain that all the .Hidden statements are "true" or "1" all of the time will ensure that UVP Server 0.68 will stop crashing! biggrin.gif Great work Pharaoh! Thanks for the fix!!!


Best Regards,
Todd.


QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pharaoh @ May 1 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has partially been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely. Let me know if you find a permanent fix please. Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I wish I could figure out what is different on your system Flying Dutchman, but I am glad it's working flawlessly for you! cool.gif

I got it to behave by doing 2 things:
put the timer code in as suggested above
then make sure to comment out
'Controller.Hidden = False <-- like that
so you have:
Controller.Hidden = True

seems to work without any errors now
hope this helps . I love this table cool.gif

pharaoh


Ah Ha!! So making certain that all the .Hidden statements are "true" or "1" all of the time will ensure that UVP Server 0.68 will stop crashing! biggrin.gif Great work Pharaoh! Thanks for the fix!!!


Best Regards,
Todd.


Very weird, I put the LEDs timer on the table surface and UVP 0.68 crashes when I exit... sigh...
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#8 pharaoh

pharaoh

    !

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:Hudson, FL 34669 USA

  • Flag: United States of America



Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pharaoh @ May 1 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has partially been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely. Let me know if you find a permanent fix please. Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I wish I could figure out what is different on your system Flying Dutchman, but I am glad it's working flawlessly for you! cool.gif

I got it to behave by doing 2 things:
put the timer code in as suggested above
then make sure to comment out
'Controller.Hidden = False <-- like that
so you have:
Controller.Hidden = True

seems to work without any errors now
hope this helps . I love this table cool.gif

pharaoh


Ah Ha!! So making certain that all the .Hidden statements are "true" or "1" all of the time will ensure that UVP Server 0.68 will stop crashing! biggrin.gif Great work Pharaoh! Thanks for the fix!!!


Best Regards,
Todd.


QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pharaoh @ May 1 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ May 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The UVP Server 0.68 crashing issue has partially been resolved by Pharaoh!! Please make sure when you add the timer code to the script that it looks exactly like this:
CODE
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub


PLEASE DO NOT INDENT ANY LINES IN THE TIMER CODE!! This will make UVP Server 0.68 crash less often, but not completely. Let me know if you find a permanent fix please. Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I wish I could figure out what is different on your system Flying Dutchman, but I am glad it's working flawlessly for you! cool.gif

I got it to behave by doing 2 things:
put the timer code in as suggested above
then make sure to comment out
'Controller.Hidden = False <-- like that
so you have:
Controller.Hidden = True

seems to work without any errors now
hope this helps . I love this table cool.gif

pharaoh


Ah Ha!! So making certain that all the .Hidden statements are "true" or "1" all of the time will ensure that UVP Server 0.68 will stop crashing! biggrin.gif Great work Pharaoh! Thanks for the fix!!!


Best Regards,
Todd.


Very weird, I put the LEDs timer on the table surface and UVP 0.68 crashes when I exit... sigh...


Im going to release an update.

It seems what it needed was those middle scores that are on the middle of the table.
I put them on the backglass. i made them small enough that they are invisible
to the naked eye. but if you look real hard you can find them. Consider it an easter egg smile.gif
After adding them ive ran the table many times without a glitch. Ill keep running it and release
ver 2.1.0 of the UVP later today if im satisfied with the results.

pharaoh

I am the bravest cowboy that ever rode the west - Ive been all over the Rockies - got bullets in my chest

#9 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Woah! I never realized that those would need to be on the backglass, but it makes sense because when the vpinmame dmd is un-hidden, they are on the vpinmame DMD! Congrats on the fix Pharaoh!


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#10 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

This is a great table, but I have one problem. I can see the table through the ball, the ball is missing a shadow and I can see through the ball. Any thoughts?
I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#11 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (moogster66 @ May 3 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a great table, but I have one problem. I can see the table through the ball, the ball is missing a shadow and I can see through the ball. Any thoughts?


That is PadDude's original ball image included with the table. That part of the ball is transparent to make it "appear" like the ball is reflecting the table as it rolls around.

If you don't like the look, simply replace the ball image with one of your choosing. cool.gif Good Luck!


Best Regards,
Todd.

p.s. I happen to like the "faked" sort of reflection myself, but that's only my personal choice - you are welcome to use your own as always.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#12 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the reply! Cheers!
I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image