Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Wich files to use / download?


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sturmmantel

sturmmantel

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 16 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Hi!
I'm at the beginning to new install a Virtual Pinball cabinet (3 screens) .
I don't understand what  files I need to start. Guide says:

"Follow the VP Installer link, press "Download", confirm messages and download VPX1setup.zip, unpack the contained VPX1setup.exe, execute it, read and follow the messages, and you're almost done!"

 

Only VPX1? VPX2setup.zip, 3, 4 ..8 and VPXsetup.zip are not needed?
"2" means version?
Do I have to execute all files from 1 to 9?

 

Files location:

https://www.vpforums...23dfb95e2e168dc

Screenshot-2026-10-05-a-%2018-06-56-VPX-



#2 deadmanworking

deadmanworking

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Pinbot, Attack From Mars, Cactus Canyon

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Simply do as it says in the description: Note: Download (from github) https://github.com/v...-.VPX8setup.exe 
Then unblock and install ;)



#3 Tesla

Tesla

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 1,467 posts
  • Location:Texas, USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek - TNG

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 PM

Yeah, use the Guide as there is a lot of good info in there (especially for a beginner).

 

But as @DeadManWorking posts ... I've found it's better to just get Toxie's main Installer file directly from the GitHub.

 

This is what is bundled inside the combo-installer:

 

VPX v10.8.0 (32/64 bit)
vPinMame v3.6 (SC version in 32/64 bit)
DMDextensions v2.3.0.0
FlexDMD v1.9.1.0
 
The new VPX programs above were installed using Toxie's ... Main.Download.Installer.-.VPX8setup.exe  (posted on GitHub).
Using installation defaults of DMD-Drivers/DMDext support selected as the only extra-component.
 
My B2S-Server and DOF were installed separately.
- B2S-Server v2.1.4 ... first, before VPX.
- DOF [MJR 7-2025] (32/64 bit) ... very last.
 
But pretty sure there was a recent version of B2S-Server bundled-in also. I just like installing it first by itself (in it's own folder ... C:\B2S-Server\ ) similar to how DOF gets installed later.
 

Edited by Tesla, Today, 02:04 AM.