Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:57 PM

Hi

Just joined a couple of days ago and loving playing tables on my oculus. What a fantastic resource this forum is.

I do have an issue though and I've not seen a post that either I understood or is specifically aimed at the problem i have.

I'm having trouble getting nudge working on the xbox one controller. It was way to high and I've messed about and now it looks ineffective but its always a tilt.

Anyone got the tilt on analogue stick working?

Cheers

#2 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:42 PM

Haven’t tried Xbox controller. Could you map nudge to buttons instead of stick? 

#3 Bertychewster

Bertychewster

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

Yeah I've got them set z space / at the moment but they are weird, not really nudging more tilting. Was wondering if the analogue would give more subtle input.

#4 magnasaver

magnasaver

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:28 AM

You can try to use my Autohotkey script here:

https://www.vpforums...showtopic=44865

#5 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,801 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:11 AM

Did you use the nudge calibration table?

That is what i used to set the analog nudge on the game controller i use on my laptop

I also had to go in video settings and turn down the visual nudge, because it still visually resembled the san andreas fault line

giving birth to a scene from 2012

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#6 magnasaver

magnasaver

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

In VPX key settings you can set  your controller axis for nudging. The problem however is, that joystick values are different from accelerometer values and VPX thinks that you are using an accelerometer which gives you weird results.

If you move a joystick into one direction, you will get higher values, if you  move your joystick FURTHER into one direction.

If you move an accelermoeter into one direction, you will get higher values, if you move your accelerometer FASTER into one direction.

This means as long as you tilt the joystick into one direction, VPX thinks that you continue to move your table into that direction.

If you tilt your joystick furter VPX thinks that you are moving your table faster. But that is not what you want. You usually want that if you are moving your joystick faster VPX should think that you are moving your table faster into that direction.

My Autohotkey script (see my previous post) does exactly that and converts the joystick inputs into acceleration values which makes nudging with a joystick  much more realistic. Just give it a try and you will notice the difference.

Edited by magnasaver, 30 July 2020 - 09:01 AM.

#7 Bertychewster

Bertychewster

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 02:31 PM

Thanks magnasaver that sounds like it'll be worth trying.