#1 Rawd

Rawd

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:15 AM

I have setup Steam to launch the games in the following way...

lr7drJq.jpg

- Add the game to your Steam library (On the Steam top toolbar go to Games/Add a non-Steam game to my library.  Search for or browse to your VPVR.exe)

- Add the following line to the 'Set Launch Options'....  Example is for No Good Gophers..  You have to change this for each table entry (to match the table name)...

-minimized /exit /play "C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\VR ROOM No Good Gofers (Williams 1997) V10.vpx"

They launch successfully from the Steam menu this way, and the escape key pulls you out of VP.  I haven't actually tried loading them through a Virtual desktop or VR Home in VR this way, but I'm guessing it would work the same.

It would be great if we had some sort of an official frontend.   Maybe somebody smart could modify PinballY frontend to work with VR.  :)

#2 fwiler

fwiler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

Thanks Rawd.  This has saved me so much time, as I'm still testing different settings and tables.

#3 lizard

lizard

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 315 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the info, a much better way to start tables. Just getting into VR freakin amazing, don't know how much use the cab is going to get now probably going to go the pin stubby route.

#4 hlr53

hlr53

Pinball Fan

• Gold Supporter
  • 683 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: 1964 Williams Palooka Joe

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:10 PM

It would be great if we had some sort of an official frontend.   Maybe somebody smart could modify PinballY frontend to work with VR.  :)

Gotta get MJR into VR

Former Cab: 40" Haier, 28" I-INC, i7-6700, 1080 GPU, v3DMD, 4D7 solenoids. Altec-Lansing speakers and sub. Artwork by Stuzza. Printing by Brad Bowman. VR HP reverb