Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Straight Flush (Williams 1970)[Visual Pinball X]

Straight flush williams 1970

  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:16 AM

Posted Image


File Name: Straight Flush (Williams 1970)

File Submitter: jpsalas

File Submitted: 26 Jan 2020

File Category: VPX Recreations

Author(s): jpsalas
STAT
Manufacturer: Williams
Year: 1970
Permission to MOD?: Yes, with approval


Based on the table by Williams from 1970.

Table and graphics by me.
Thanks to STAT for the directB2S.

This table is dedicated to my friend Scorpion.
 
Default rules - Add-a-ball:

*  1-Extra Ball for Making Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten
*  1-Extra Ball for Making 3 Jokers
*  1-Extra Ball for Ball Thru Left Roll-up Lane when Lit for
    Special.
*  1-Extra Ball for each higher score.
*  Making  the Ace Lites Left Bottom Rollover to
    Score 5000 Points.
*  Making  the Ten Lites Right Bottom Rollover to
    Score 5000 Points.
*  Tilt Penalty --- Ball in Play Pluss Loss of Jokers

Rules for Replay mode

*  1-Extra Ball for Making Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten
*  1-Extra Ball for Making 3 Jokers
*  1-Extra Ball for Ball Thru Left Roll-up Lane when Lit for
    Special.
*  1 extra game for each higher score
*  Making  the Ace Lites Left Bottom Rollover to
    Score 5000 Points.
*  Making  the Ten Lites Right Bottom Rollover to
    Score 5000 Points.
*  Tilt Penalty --- Ball in Play Pluss Loss of Jokers
* Only one extra ball per ball. Any extra balls award 50.000 points

Rules for Novelty mode

*  100.000 points for Making Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten
*  100.000 points for Making 3 Jokers
*  100.000 points for Ball Thru Left Roll-up Lane when Lit for
    Special.
*  Making  the Ace Lites Left Bottom Rollover to
    Score 5000 Points.
*  Making  the Ten Lites Right Bottom Rollover to
    Score 5000 Points.
*  Tilt Penalty --- Ball in Play Pluss Loss of Jokers

Notes for this VPX version (by jpsalas):
- Special mode: change the value to the constant at line 36, SpecialMode, according to your preferences.

There are 3 modes:

* Add-a-ball. Special adds a ball, up to 10 balls
* Replay. You got to play again the same ball, any extra balls award 50.000 points
* Novelty. Special awards 100.000 points

- Number of balls: 5 is the default. Change line 34 to 3 if you prefer 3 balls game.

- The higher scores to reach to obtain an extra ball or credit will change according to the number of balls.

- The higher scores noted in the apron will give you an extra ball if in add-a-ball mode, and an extra credit if in Replay mode. Up to 10 balls or 15 credits can be collected.

- The Novelty mode does not give extra credits for higher scores.


Click here to download this file


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#2 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:18 AM

Beautiful. Very warm looking lighting, JP. Thanks!



#3 CARLOSGUIZZO

CARLOSGUIZZO

    Just a pinball fan ;)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Shark (Taito do Brasil)

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:26 AM

Thanks, JP! :)

It's impossible only if you believe so. ;)


#4 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:44 AM

Beautiful. Very warm looking lighting, JP. Thanks!

Yes, the yellow playfield helps a lot :)

 

 

Thanks, JP! :)

You're welcome my friend :)

 

 

I should like to explain that the table with its default values (3 or 5 balls and add-a-bal) plays just like the other Williams table "3 Jokers", also from 1970.

 

In the "novelty" mode, the table does not award extra balls or credits by reaching higher scores, and I guess that mode was made for tournaments.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#5 giovanni1966

giovanni1966

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 62 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:50 AM

Thank you for this nice looking table. I get more extra balls than i can gamble. I think there is a problem with the counter.



#6 knik

knik

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: I got heaps of favourite pinballs but Flipper Football is my favorite to play against someone else.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:51 AM

Another great table and thank you and to all involved for these Historic Marvels and the last lot of Spanish releases just blew me away.  :lusty:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:



#7 Thalamus

Thalamus

    VPF Veteran

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 5,007 posts

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Downloading now. Thank you Juan and Stat !


From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.


#8 ivantba

ivantba

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Robocop

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

Thank you for this fantastic looking Williams classic table!



#9 Thalamus

Thalamus

    VPF Veteran

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 5,007 posts

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

Believe there is a small error line 1416. giovanni1966 mentions too easy extra balls. Should maybe 1416 be changed to ? :

If light011.State = 1 Then

Edited by Thalamus, 26 January 2020 - 01:33 PM.

From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.


#10 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Thalamus, did you test that ? I didnt check the Script - but JP will see that very soon i think.
 
FYI take a look at the Script for: Electrician_Mode = 1 … there is also a 1 Million Light at directb2s, if you use that :)
Just the Electrician could do that on the real Machine, see Info on IPDB: https://www.ipdb.org...ine.cgi?id=2393
So it is a nice Feature, to have that here too.


Edited by STAT, 26 January 2020 - 04:26 PM.


#11 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

 

Believe there is a small error line 1416. giovanni1966 mentions too easy extra balls. Should maybe 1416 be changed to ? :

If light011.State = 1 Then

I'll take a look :)


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#12 speed24

speed24

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:Pa.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fast Draw, Rapid Vienna

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:03 PM

I Can't Play this table with VPinballX. I get a error Box that says Visual Pinball can not load a file of that version . I get the same error in Volley (Taito do Brazil 1981) 2.0.0  & & Big Horse (Maresa 1975) Please help !!!!!!


Edited by speed24, 26 January 2020 - 07:10 PM.


#13 bord

bord

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Gazer, Whirlwind, Frontier

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Excited to see an EM from you, JP. Thank you!

#14 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:59 AM

 

 

Believe there is a small error line 1416. giovanni1966 mentions too easy extra balls. Should maybe 1416 be changed to ? :

If light011.State = 1 Then

I'll take a look :)

 

That line is ok. By using "If light011.State Then" what I do is to check if it is not 0, so the result will be the same.

 

 

Excited to see an EM from you, JP. Thank you!

I did a few EMs last year, mostly Spanish, but also from Williams and Gottlieb


I Can't Play this table with VPinballX. I get a error Box that says Visual Pinball can not load a file of that version . I get the same error in Volley (Taito do Brazil 1981) 2.0.0  & & Big Horse (Maresa 1975) Please help !!!!!!

I guess you need to specify that you must use VPX and not VP9.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#15 Thalamus

Thalamus

    VPF Veteran

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 5,007 posts

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:50 AM

Hmm. That is odd. I tried the table with ball control and I was given credits without the light being on. Agree that when I saw that line I expected that you don't really need to ask for a specific value for the variable. But, I just added it anyway and only then did it seems to work. I however didn't do extensive testing. Only ran over it a couple of times. I'm sure though, that I did get extra balls without the light being active.


From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.


#16 speed24

speed24

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:Pa.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fast Draw, Rapid Vienna

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

What is VPX  tables ? What do I Need to run a VPX table ?


Edited by speed24, 27 January 2020 - 04:32 PM.


#17 htamas

htamas

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,231 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway



Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

What is VPX  tables ? What do I Need to run a VPX table ?

 

You need... VPX  :D



#18 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:40 PM

JP, could you find something ?



#19 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

JP, could you find something ?

Appart that I left a "test" key to add a ball, then I found nothing. I guess if you press they key "2" you'll get an extra ball. I'll remove that extra key in the next revision :)


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#20 Joppnl

Joppnl

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion......

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:43 PM

Thank you for this excellent table JP and STAT.

 

Plays great.

 

Only thing I wonder.....gameplay is excellent, good flow, good physics, good SSF.
But within 5 or even 6 and 7 balls (got some EB's by completing the Flush) I only got 1 time that the ball got into the hole for the 'arrow-score'. (have no better way to describe it but it is that saucer-hole in the middle of the PF).

May-be the speed is to high it passes over it or may-be the hole is not 'deep' enough or...well, that's what's happening here but apart from that, lovely gameplay!
Thanks!


Edited by Joppnl, 31 January 2020 - 09:43 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Straight, flush, williams, 1970