Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

VPX Crash D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG (0X88760874)

VPX Crash D3DERR DEVICEHUNG

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bosniarasta

Bosniarasta

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

  • Flag: Bosnia

  • Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Fire!

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

Hi, I have this weird error for a while.
 
I am using VPX long time and never have issues before.
 
 
 
I have AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, Windows 10, 8 Gb RAM, 120 Gb SSD, and, during game i am getting this crash (attachment).
 
 
 
 
any help would be appreciated.
 
 
 
Thank You.


#2 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Location:Hungary

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

 

Hi, I have this weird error for a while.
 
I am using VPX long time and never have issues before.
 
 
 
I have AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, Windows 10, 8 Gb RAM, 120 Gb SSD, and, during game i am getting this crash (attachment).
 
 
 
 
any help would be appreciated.
 
 
 
Thank You.

 

Which VP10.6 version do you use? Never saw that error.



#3 Bosniarasta

Bosniarasta

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

  • Flag: Bosnia

  • Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Fire!

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:32 AM

I am using "VPX  installer 10.6.0" posted by toxie user, here on vpforums.

 

I dont have this C:\projects\VP10 folder, never had.

 

Thank You


Edited by Bosniarasta, 24 October 2019 - 11:44 AM.


#4 LynnInDenver

LynnInDenver

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Location:Denver

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Genie

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

Looks a little like something's wrong with the video card, the driver for the video card, the DirectX driver, or with the power being supplied to the video card. The message is the video card being forced to do some sort of reset by DirectX, and VPX winds up stalling out because the rug got yanked out from under it. Did you just have a Windows Update occur? And did the screen go momentarily blank right before showing the message?

 

"The device that returned this code caused the hardware adapter to be reset by the OS. Most applications should destroy the device and quit. Applications that must continue should destroy all video memory objects (surfaces, textures, state blocks etc) and call Reset() to put the device in a default state. If the application then continues rendering in the same way, the device will return to this state.
Applies to Direct3D 9Ex only."



#5 Bosniarasta

Bosniarasta

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

  • Flag: Bosnia

  • Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Fire!

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:50 AM

I updated windows 10 to latest version (1903) few days ago, i'm not sure if problem was there before or after update. No blank screen before crash, just stuck with the message, I can hear music and effects in back.



#6 LynnInDenver

LynnInDenver

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Location:Denver

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Genie

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

Sometimes Windows Update will replace the video card driver with a version that's worse - either it's older (because that's what Microsoft has as the "latest" in their files), or with a more "generic" version. You might also check DirectX and see if it needs replacing, it might have corrupted somewhere in the DX9 portion.



#7 Bosniarasta

Bosniarasta

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

  • Flag: Bosnia

  • Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Fire!

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

Tried clean re-install graphic card, OS, tried older graph. software- no success.

I'm stuck, need help.



#8 Bosniarasta

Bosniarasta

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

  • Flag: Bosnia

  • Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat, Big Guns, Fire!

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:53 AM

Now it's safe to say it was hardware failure. I restored graphic card with this method :

 

https://www.instruct...d-by-baking-it/

 

(No joke)

 

and no errors.

 

Thank you.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VPX Crash, D3DERR, DEVICEHUNG