Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Robocop

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Ace Ventura - Pet Detective (TBA 2019)

File Submitter: ivantba

File Submitted: 25 Aug 2019

File Category: VPX Originals

Author(s): ivantba
Jpsalas
Permission to MOD?: Unspecified

Jim Carrey's humor and inimitable style are evidenced by this film, which has debuted for 25 years.
Ace Ventura, with his starring role, went through two parts that followed one another. Thanks to his fantastic acting, Jim Carrey finally burst into the crowd of Hollywood stars.
I thought it was time for a great movie to "bring" a tribute table to it...:)

Video of the gameplay:
https://youtu.be/QfGTquEa_L4

So, a complete multimedia package is included with the compressed file. Among others, the backglass (directb2s) file. PinballX desktop and cabinet files (audio, pictures, flyers, instruction cards, wheel, etc.) 

Original (my resource) table:  
Speed Test v1.0.2
Author(s): Jpsalas
Thank you very much to JPSalas for allowing me to modify, re-theme his superb tables!

You can find the necessary rom file to start the table here (stest.zip):
https://www.vpforums...ds&showfile=575

Important information about Taito system:

"The emulation of the Taito tables is a little different than other tables, and if you quit the table in the middle of a game, next time you restart the table it will continue that game. 
And if you had some locked balls it may be possible that you wont get a new ball, to fix that you need to delete the nvram file (if available) from the NVRAM folder. I haven't found any other solution."

Click here to download this file

#2 newtopinball78

newtopinball78

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:48 AM

my freezy dmd not working with this table I know score on backglass but was just wondering if that is normal??. If I switch back to old dmd it works but using in cabinet mode.

#3 ivantba

ivantba

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:43 AM

I tried it and if I switch to freezy dmd, I have no dmd score display. This is probably due to the specificity of the Taito rom file. But there might be someone here who can help.

my freezy dmd not working with this table I know score on backglass but was just wondering if that is normal??. If I switch back to old dmd it works but using in cabinet mode.

Edited by ivantba, 26 August 2019 - 07:44 AM.

#4 crutch

crutch

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

Great table theme. Carrey is one funny dude. Really enjoy all of your tables. Keep up the good work.

#5 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:34 PM

What a beautiful playfield Art man.... Thank you so much! :)

#6 Zedixair

Zedixair

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Bride of Pinbot

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:16 AM

Thank you for this nice table ! 

#7 marknetwork

marknetwork

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Zig Zag

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:30 PM

Great looking table but when I load it I can only put in coins but not start the game

#8 ivantba

ivantba

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:19 PM

Hello! If you had some locked balls it may be possible that you wont get a new ball, to fix that you need to delete the nvram file (if available) from the NVRAM folder.

Great looking table but when I load it I can only put in coins but not start the game

#9 marknetwork

marknetwork

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Zig Zag

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:01 PM

Thanks I'll try that.  no score was showing on the backboard and no lights dancing on the table.  but adding coins i could hear the sound of coins, starting did nothin

#10 ivantba

ivantba

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:09 AM

So,you need to delete the nvram file called stest.nv in your NVRAM folder. Or maybe then you need to press the coin button (key 1) and add a 2 coins (pressing twice the 5 key). That will clear the nvram. 
When loading the b2s backglass server file, make sure the DMD or B2SDMD is in Visible mode on the "visibility" tab. This may be a solution.

Thanks I'll try that.  no score was showing on the backboard and no lights dancing on the table.  but adding coins i could hear the sound of coins, starting did nothin

#11 ChronosWing

ChronosWing

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 19 May 2021 - 10:48 PM

Having this exact same problem, tried your suggestions but no dice. This is on latest VPX 10.7.

Edit* Reading is fundamental, didnt realize you needed a rom for this table, for anyone else who neglects to fully read the table description you need the stest.zip rom.

Great table btw!

So,you need to delete the nvram file called stest.nv in your NVRAM folder. Or maybe then you need to press the coin button (key 1) and add a 2 coins (pressing twice the 5 key). That will clear the nvram. 
When loading the b2s backglass server file, make sure the DMD or B2SDMD is in Visible mode on the "visibility" tab. This may be a solution.

Edited by ChronosWing, 20 May 2021 - 12:17 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tomb Raider, A Survival is Born, ivantba, original, vpx, Lara Croft