roxy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Bally's Surfer's

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:38 AM

My VP cabinet is located where there is limited heating, meaning the metal lock bar and metal sides can get quite cold.⛄ My solution is to use Fleece-Lined Ragg Wool Gloves with Fold-Back Finger Caps. They are by Heat Factory and available at Amazon and elsewhere for $19.55. A little pricey but they really do the job for me.

Having the open fingers doesnt interfere with using the flippers while your hands are kept warm and toasty. They even have pockets for hand warmer pads but I have never gone that far. I am not receiving any compensation. It just came to me that others may have a similar problem.
They can also double for less worthwhile pursuits then playing pinball.😊

#2 hlr53

hlr53

Pinball Fan

• Gold Supporter
  • 683 posts

• Favorite Pinball: 1964 Williams Palooka Joe

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:18 AM

I might have to try them. I have peripheral neuropathy problems with my hands if they get too cold. They turn white and get a burning feeling. At the office, when the ambient air temp gets too cold, I put on the Iwinter brand. They fit tight and have grippers all over for touch screen devices. I can even type with them. 

https://www.zapals.c...ter-gloves.html

Former Cab: 40" Haier, 28" I-INC, i7-6700, 1080 GPU, v3DMD, 4D7 solenoids. Altec-Lansing speakers and sub. Artwork by Stuzza. Printing by Brad Bowman. VR HP reverb

#3 roxy

roxy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Bally's Surfer's

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:40 AM

You can see what theyre like on Amazon. My circulation isnt what it use to be and these feel good besides being warm. I use them strictly for pinball so I dont know how well they work for other activities.
Good luck to you.