Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) for Pinball FX3 using DOFLinx and Pinup Player!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:57 AM

NOW AVAILABLE!

Now that DOFLinx 6.30 is released, I have uploaded 2 sets of "FX3 SSF" PuP-Packs!

The "DEFAULT TRIGGERS" PuP-Packs set will work for all tables with the standard Flippers, Slings, Bumpers, Drain, Ball In, Launch, and Nudge for SSF. These will use the same sounds and 3D positions for every table.

You simply setup DOFLinx for PUP SSF, and then copy these pup packs into your PinUPSystem \ PUPVideos folder.

For a more Complete SSF Experience:

Now, if you want more than the default sounds and positions...well this will require some editing of PuP-Packs from yourself or others.

I will make available, the "ALL TRIGGERS" PuP-Packs that can be a more table specific and complete SSF experience. HOWEVER, these need to be COMPLETED!

You would only copy over one of these PuP-Pack if you intend to edit them!

You simply need to play the game (using this version of the pack for the table), listen to the "numbers" you hear (and note where you heard it). Then you edit the PuP-Pack, find the trigger using the "number" you heard, and then change the sound file to what kind of action it is, and edit the 3d position of where the sound should come from.

It may sound complex...its not. Its very easy. Just watch my entire video and you will see me explain everything.

Note: DOF R3++, DOFLinx 6.30, and PinUP System are required to be installed and working first before you can use these PuP-Packs.

Please read EVERYTHING in the "DESCRIPTIONS" tab, and the "INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS" tab on the download page!

Good luck and enjoy!

Edited by TerryRed, 18 June 2018 - 02:28 AM.

#2 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,066 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Lovely work.  Maybe there are more toys I need  :hmm:

The new version of DOFLinx (v6.30) has just been uploaded with all of the required FX3 files.  Just wait for Admin to release it.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#3 psmiraglia

psmiraglia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

Terry, I get no sounds from Doflinx. How does pup know which sound card to use for ssf? Im guessing Im missing that config...

Edit: never mind. I also need the pup-packs...

Edited by psmiraglia, 17 June 2018 - 04:23 PM.

#4 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Terry, I get no sounds from Doflinx. How does pup know which sound card to use for ssf? Im guessing Im missing that config...

Edit: never mind. I also need the pup-packs...

I'm in the process of uploading the PuP-Packs with instructions,etc... I'll provide a link and info here when they are ready.

#5 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

OK....Happy Father's Day!

FX3 SSF PuP-Packs are now available!

Note: DOF R3++, DOFLinx 6.30, and PinUP System are required to be installed and working first before you can use these PuP-Packs.

Please read EVERYTHING in the "DESCRIPTIONS" tab, and the "INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS" tab on the download page!

Good luck and enjoy!

#6 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

NOTE: PinUP Player can only use your DEFAULT Soundcard for SSF!

Edited by TerryRed, 17 June 2018 - 09:06 PM.

#7 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

Hi terry, it would be great if you can do some minimal FX3 Doflinx puppack files  that it will start and search for that config and for that own pupvideos folder .. ? or is there any possibility for me to di it myself ? 

#8 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:01 AM

Hi terry, it would be great if you can do some minimal FX3 Doflinx puppack files  that it will start and search for that config and for that own pupvideos folder .. ? or is there any possibility for me to di it myself ? 

This is exactly what the FX3 SSF pup-packs do.

DOFLinx check its FX3 configs for the table you are launching. If it can't find anything for the table, it then falls back to a default config and default FX3 SSF pup-pack.

#9 JLouLoulou

JLouLoulou

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 201 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Simply play pinball

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:34 AM

Hi,

Now vpinball is down, is there anyone who have a detailed tutorial to setup dof and doflinx.ini for SSF with pinball FX3?

Cheers,

#10 ZBRhodes

ZBRhodes

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: The Adams Family

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:17 PM

Now that Vpinball.com is down, is there another download link available? I have everything installed and working with VPX but need the ssf files for FX3. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get these files?

#11 phl49

phl49

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Spiderman

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:34 PM

Hi,

Now vpinball is down, is there anyone who have a detailed tutorial to setup dof and doflinx.ini for SSF with pinball FX3?

Cheers,

Now that Vpinball.com is down, is there another download link available? I have everything installed and working with VPX but need the ssf files for FX3. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get these files?

Hi,

Here :

https://vpuniverse.c...back-pup-packs/

#12 garnel

garnel

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 257 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

I have SSF working great with FX3, but the rolling ball sounds are really weak so would like to increase their volume relative to the other toys. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

garnel

#13 huguesbr2

huguesbr2

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:40 AM

Oh my god, this is AMAZING!

Thank you so much for this work and the associated demo video!

I NEED TO BUY you a beer, can you confirm your paypal is @TerrenceHagerty?

Thank you, thank you!

PS: I will try to complete more table as you ALL TRIGGERS file make it soooo easy! You're the best thank you! Just wondering is there an up to date version with the complete table  (like aliens,you have in the completed folder) where I could add to it? Should I just send you the one I can do?

#14 timblo

timblo

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 17 January 2022 - 07:48 PM

Now I have some SSF under FX3....always pinball/bumper and slingshots....rarely ball rollers or other noises....there are some sound effects missing I've attached a recent report so I still need help....is it possibly because of my directoutputconfig.ini or DOFLinx.in...

#15 microdoc

microdoc

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Revenge from Mars

Posted 17 April 2022 - 03:49 PM

Hello!  My first post here.  

I've been modding my Arcade1UP, so has a monitor backglass, 32" screen, SSF, etc.   Couldn't have done it without all the posts/videos from TerryRed and others; thanks for all your hard work.

Still working out a couple of kinks (that's the fun part of it, so I won't post about those until I've given it a good go first).

One thing I haven't figured out is though my SSF is working, a British Female voice keeps on announcing out loud numbers when certain events occur on FX3 pinball tables.  A little annoying, so I'd like to find a way to turn this off?  

Anyone else with this issue, and can you tell me/point me in the right direction to turn that off?

Many thanks in advance!

#16 PinballerX

PinballerX

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:50 PM

Hello!  My first post here.  

I've been modding my Arcade1UP, so has a monitor backglass, 32" screen, SSF, etc.   Couldn't have done it without all the posts/videos from TerryRed and others; thanks for all your hard work.

Still working out a couple of kinks (that's the fun part of it, so I won't post about those until I've given it a good go first).

One thing I haven't figured out is though my SSF is working, a British Female voice keeps on announcing out loud numbers when certain events occur on FX3 pinball tables.  A little annoying, so I'd like to find a way to turn this off?  

Anyone else with this issue, and can you tell me/point me in the right direction to turn that off?

Many thanks in advance!

You are not using default.

Edited by PinballerX, 25 May 2022 - 08:50 PM.

#17 Energetics79

Energetics79

Hobbyist

• Gold Supporter
  • 45 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Genie

Posted 14 August 2022 - 10:37 AM

Now I have some SSF under FX3....always pinball/bumper and slingshots....rarely ball rollers or other noises....there are some sound effects missing I've attached a recent report so I still need help....is it possibly because of my directoutputconfig.ini or DOFLinx.in...

i do experience the same thing...though I know there cannot be ball rolling sounds

I wonder if the COMPLETED FX3 SSF PUP-PACKS.zip has gotten any update since 2021 with more tables fully in it?