#1 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

SOLVED!  :  I posted my findings.  Thanks again everyone.

Ok, I am desperate.  I've been working on this problem for over a week and was determined I could figure it out myself.... But I am throwing up my hands and reaching out for some help.

I built a 3 display pin cab and I can get everything to play "except" for NON-DMD tables (Black Knight, Flash, etc.).  I am using b2s and can get the table and the back glass to display.  I can get the "Pinmame" DMD to display on the play field, move it around, resize it (however when I move it to my black glass monitor or the DMD monitor, it is no longer horizontal as it is set to the position of my play field - Vertical).  Anyway, I have tried all the B2S settings on the back glass setting screen.  I can hide the PinMAME DMD (Not sure if Im suppose to) and the B2S DMD doesn't seem to matter if I hide it or not.

Because these are NON-DMD tables Im not even sure if I'm suppose to have a "DMD" set (however, making them both hidden or visible.. or any combination does not get the score boards, coins, etc to light on the back glass).  I just don't know where to look.  Every thread I've found on similar issues use UVP and all my files are for B2S.

I have attached (well, tried to attach) a picture of the cab running Black Knight.  As you can see, nothing in the score or coin fields.  I turned on the Pinmame DMD and placed it in the DMD screen (and turned on the boarder to see it better).  But Im not even sure if Im suppose to be using the Pinmame DMD on these NON-DMD tables.

Im really hoping someone can give me some things to check or know exactly what to do to fix this.

Thanks in advanced for anyone with some ideas.

Edit:  Not sure if this matters, but I am running it on a Win 7 x64 Ultimate OS.  and as i stated, I can get all other tables to play (with the DMD in the 3rd DMD screen).  Its just the NON-DMD tables that all have this problem.

and here is my "ScreenRes.txt" file

0   (I have also tried 1920 here with no results)

Edited by korbin, 28 July 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

For Black Knight  try this

http://www.vpforums....383#entry318484

Edited by Outhere, 27 July 2017 - 01:29 AM.

#3 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Thanks Outhere...  I hadn't seen that post.  I think it may have something to do with the "LED Display Offsets".  I saw another thread about this and tried to put some values in there, but Im not clear on what they should be based on my resolutions.  I'll look around for more info on the offsets and see if I can figure out what Im suppose to have in there.

Thanks again.  Gives me a few more hours of digging deeper for this answer.

#4 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

How to install DirectB2S backglass

http://www.vpforums....als&article=136

-

1920 <-- Playfield screen X resolution (width)
1080 <-- Playfield screen Y resolution (height)
1280 <-- Backglass screen X resolution (width)
1024 <-- Backglass screen Y resolution(height)
2 <-- Display number for the backglass monitor
0 <-- offset for the backglass on the selected display (normally left at 0)
600 <-- Width of the DMD area in pixls
200 <-- Height of the DMD area in pixels
1280 <-- X position of the DMD area relative to the upper left corner of the backglass screen
0 <-- Y position of the DMD area relative to the upper left corner of the backglass screen
0 <-- Y-flip, flips the LED display upside down

Edited by Outhere, 27 July 2017 - 01:47 AM.

#5 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

For Black Knight  try this

http://www.vpforums....383#entry318484

Outhere, These resolutions where not compatible with my setup, but Im going to keep trying

How to install DirectB2S backglass

http://www.vpforums....als&article=136

-

1920 <-- Playfield screen X resolution (width)
1080 <-- Playfield screen Y resolution (height)
1280 <-- Backglass screen X resolution (width)
1024 <-- Backglass screen Y resolution(height)
2 <-- Display number for the backglass monitor
600 <-- Width of the DMD area in pixls
200 <-- Height of the DMD area in pixels
1280 <-- X position of the DMD area relative to the upper left corner of the backglass screen
0 <-- Y position of the DMD area relative to the upper left corner of the backglass screen
0 <-- Y-flip, flips the LED display upside down

Yea, Im going to start tweaking my settings based on these settings.  Still no luck, but I'll keep trying

A big problem i am seeing in my research is that the offset settings are for moving the "B2S DMD" location.  If I put in values the DMD will either be behind my backglass or over onto my 3rd DMD screen, depending on the offset values i use (none of which have shown me a DMD other then the PinMame DMD regardless). 

What I want is for the score to appear on the NON-DMD back glass (See Black Knight / Flash)  Im wondering if the DMD is even suppose to be used on these tables.

Edited by korbin, 27 July 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#6 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:22 AM

Next question...  Can anyone with a 3 screen (or even a 2 screen) system tell me what their B2S settings are?  Do you have the PinMame DMD shown or hidden and the B2S DMD shown or hidden?  This may help me understand if Im even in the right area. 

Im thinking the score LEDs on the backglass are coming from something else.  I wish I had a better understanding of where the information for the back glass is coming from.

Edited by korbin, 27 July 2017 - 02:27 AM.

#7 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,063 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:30 AM

Pinmame dmd hidden. BSD dmd = Standard. The score LEDs are displayed by directb2s and directb2s gets the score info from vpinmame

The dmd screen is blank here since the scoring info is shown on the led segments of the backlgass and PinMame is hidden

Edited by gtxjoe, 27 July 2017 - 02:45 AM.

#8 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:38 AM

Can you put a picture of the backglass

#9 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

Tried to attach it on the original post.  I created a gallery in my account.  Crossing fingers this works.

Album: Pincab
0 images
0 comments

Tried to attach it on the original post.  I created a gallery in my account.  Crossing fingers this works.

Looks like the photos are "Still pending"

Pinmame dmd hidden. BSD dmd = Standard. The score LEDs are displayed by directb2s and directb2s gets the score info from vpinmame

The dmd screen is blank here since the scoring info is shown on the led segments of the backlgass and PinMame is hidden

Thanks GTXJOE.  That lets me know how to set those settings and leave them.  So, with B2S being blank and the score going to the segments, it should not matter where i set my offsets.  now i have to figure out why PinMAME is handling the sounds and the score (when seen on the PinMAME DMD) but not getting to the B2S back glass.  Ive tried two different back glasses i could find for Black Knight and the same thing happens with Flash.  So maybe its a Video card (GTX 560) setting or something silly.

I just want to put out a BIG thank you to you guys.  While I haven't found the issue yet, at least your responses are giving me hope.

Edited by korbin, 27 July 2017 - 03:12 AM.

#10 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,063 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

Make sure you have Windows display text size set to 100%

Any other setting causes issues with directb2s

#11 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

Make sure you have Windows display text size set to 100%

Any other setting causes issues with directb2s

Thanks.  Yes I checked that....   I wonder if running the table through a front end (Pinball X) would solve the issue?  I wanted to get a number of different tables and emulators running before diving completely into Pinball X, but reading other posts, perhaps Pinball X can make the link?  I trust most users do not go back to running them in the emulators front end any longer, so maybe that's where Im falling.  Im going to have to fire up Pinball X and start working on setting up the table to see if that works.  I'll be sure to post any results in case someone runs into this in the future.

EDIT / UPDATE:  No change with Pinball X   :(   It starts it fine, but with the same results.

Edited by korbin, 27 July 2017 - 03:28 AM.

#12 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

I thought of some more information that may be helpful.  I am running VP 990.  I get VBS memory errors with anything higher then this version (even VPX).  I found many posts with people having the same issue (which is how I found out VP 990 works with Win 7 x64).

For now I rotated my PinMAME DMD and placed it in my 3rd monitor.  So at least I can play the tables.  But I am hoping that someone else has seen this issue and remembers what they did to address it.

Thanks again for everyone that has given input (I know you didnt have to).  An amazing community here.  Hope one day I can help others as well (when i get more experience)

#13 korbin

korbin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:43 AM

SOLVED:  Just came back in case someone ever has this problem.  I rolled back my B2S server from 1.3.0.1 to 1.25 and it worked.  I will start updating from 1.25 to see where the compatibility with my system drops off, but in the end I now have a working version for my table.

I just want to say thanks again to everyone who stopped in to try to help!  I is greatly appreciated.