theGhost787

incredible

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:14 AM

I just helped Akira with bringing a table to life.  Here is a screen below. Did some gameplay testing, music, sounds, texture clean up. Will have to check for models

it needs 2 or 3 and some trees. Lets see if Akira want's me to finish this up. ?? Below will be some more pics.

5f7fd0b.jpg

27ed0bf.jpg

Again, These are just for reference.  :coffee1:  No need to get moody about crowding forums.

85af61b.jpg

This has some close ups of the plastics- and bottom area.

8d7b992.jpg

This photo is for light colors. It is also used during game development to add in the lights.

8e8732c.jpg

Another useful photo. Trees to the left. I could just make them cutouts. House and Hut model might be needed. Anyone can post up those models unless they are up. Leave links below.

4ee9592.jpg

Last photo just closer to Models Needed. Must be LOW poly.  :twiddling: 

54c32f0.jpg

logo_Ghost_Games.jpg        55cfb82.gif     http://ghostgames.tripod.com

#2 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 3,588 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

Looks beauiful ... :tup:

#3 theGhost787

theGhost787

incredible

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Thanks - most was started by Granit or Akira. Ok. Akira said i should finish it up and post it here. So its time to script and light. 

#4 theGhost787

theGhost787

incredible

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

Plastics are done here is the source I used

05492d3.jpg

Wicked Witch mod. This table does not include this but can be added later. 

544527b.jpg

#5 theGhost787

theGhost787

incredible

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

Finished Tree cutout. Will look just as good as model.

f9eef7f.jpg

Also for anyone who want's to mod it more. There are these lolipop targets.

a936967.jpg

Here are the decals you can photoshop yourself.

a45e7af.jpg

#6 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 3,588 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:29 PM

:tup:

#7 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:51 PM

Love this game. Looking forward to the FP incarnation. :)

#8 theGhost787

theGhost787

incredible

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

So i did the back castle walls, trees, Ramps, testing, DMD, sound effects, music. It will be a 1.0 for a while. This game is huge. Yesterday i did Cab art, Backglass, plastics,   :stunned:  And I am the 2nd or 3rd person to work on this table.  When I upload maybe the more experienced can take over. I would say it is 40% complete.

:tup:  Oh. Also added tornado spinning house model.  Here is a shot ---> Few more Target scripts, and other scripts and 1.0 should be ready and playable. 

31a4092.jpg

#9 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,472 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:34 PM

This looks grat, please continue

#10 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

• Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

Are the rules and scoring for WOZ available to make this recreation?

* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

#11 theGhost787

theGhost787

incredible

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

It was an unfinished 5 mb file i recieved from Akira. Something Akira and Granite started. So i did what i could, and posted the 1.0 So if you know someone that knows someone that wants to help out. Well version 1.0 is up. I am going back to scripting for my original ( Escape From Haunted City ) One of my biggest games to date. It is already 50 mb, It has lots of cool stuff. 5 ramps, targets holograms. Very Retro.

Here is the link to the post http://www.vpforums....showtopic=33004

#12 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,458 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

Alright, looks like I have to make a statement again. I spent some time looking into this situation, and here's what I think.

I don't like tables like Ghost's Maverick and Lost In Space. They don't even come close to replicating the original ruleset, which is to be expected with tables that use non-original art assets and design. However, they have the same right to exist here like JP's Spiderman, which, while a much closer facsimile, is still an original based on non-original art assets and design. The tables are technically functional, had a complete ruleset, barebones it may be, and I could play them just fine. If we want to remove them, we need to start defining arbitrary measures of "quality" as a rule, and that's a can of worms I just don't want to get into. So the tables stay. While it might be confusing to people, the fact that an SS score reel is clearly visible on the screenshots might tip them off this might not be the most accurate recreation and more of an original thing, and while they might be frustrated when they do end up downloading it and finding it not to be to their liking, they'll just make a mental note not to download his stuff anymore, like with most other things that one could take issue with.

However, Ghost, you have stepped over a line as far as the whole "don't be a dick" part of our rules go. You can't say that you haven't cussed people out, and then just one post above tell people to go "sip lattes with your gay hipster friends". That's definitely over the line, particularly the use of "gay" as a derogative. Also, those people that don't like your tables aren't trolls, they're people that don't like your tables. They exist, and just telling them to ignore you and your tables is not a solution, because then we end up with everybody creating their own bubbles where they get nothing but praise, and artistic growth just takes a massive blow. Consider this sort of an informal warning telling you to quit being hostile, and this to some degree goes for freneticamnesiac and shadowjuggalo as well. Threatening violence towards people isn't the way to go. I'll take most of the posts around this drama and just move them out of sight, and hopefully we can just take a bit of a break and eventually move on towards more fruitful adventures.

Finally, to try and end on a positive note, Ghost, I played Striker and found myself actually kind of liking it. I'm usually not a fan of tables with simple rulesets, and the sound design has some issues in how there's nothing stopping sounds from playing over and over if you hit that same spot multiple times, leading to some nasty-sounding overlay (this was a big problem in Lost In Space, to the point where I had to shut the table off because my ears hurt), but the design looked good enough and it played well enough as well. Might I suggest staying away from using playfield art and designs from physically existing tables like Maverick et al. and moving more towards originals on a permanent basis? It seems like your next table, Escape From Haunted City (I presume that will be your next table), looks pretty good, and there's no pre-existing ruleset you're expected to live up to in that, so that should cause a lot less problems.

If you have a problem with what I said, please take it to a PM to me, keep this thread clean.

Edited by TheMcD, 02 December 2015 - 10:29 PM.

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire /// Twitter

#13 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

'Rasslin' Fan

• VPF Administrator
  • 11,574 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

• PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz

Contributor

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

Thanks, Rob.

I think Rob dealt with the situation fine enough, but I do have to raise the point that Jack, personally, asked me to not emulate or host an emulation of WOZ.

Please do not upload it here.