BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica, Addams Familly, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:01 PM

Hi pinball fans.

This is a really bad news for everyone who expected UP3D to be a Vaporware: BETA IS OUT!

We invented a new kind of software: a Waitware :D.

We are really proud to release this new version, coming with a lot new features and its inevitable bugs ;):

DOF2, BuiltIn Launcher, Improved Physics, original table API... and a lot, lot more.

The software, the full changelog and installation instructions can be downloaded on http://www.unit3dpinball.net.

Here is a list of the Beta compatible tables today (in "download > tables" section of http://www.unit3dpinball.net).

- Indiana Jones Pinball Adventures

- Scared Stiff

- The Addams Family

- Attack From Mars

- Terminator 2

- Dr Dude

- Black Knight 2000

- Class of 1812

- Baby Pacman

- Bad Cats

- Black Knight

- QBert's Quest

- Abra Ca Dabra (non VPM)

Feel free to rehost those files anywhere to provide a worldwide better access.

We would like to thank all UP supporters and VPForums for hosting our discussions and we really hope you will enjoy this version.

Pinballistically,

The French Pinball Team,

Louizou & BilboX

UP2

#2 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Congratulations, going to put on cab immediately. Thanks

#3 louizou

louizou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BlackKnight2k T2 Twilight Zone

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

South of France's well known "SlowWare"

Drizzled with Pastis and Beers

:bar3:

uplogomini.png

Continue helping us at [email protected]

#4 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

Congratulations, going to put on cab immediately. Thanks

Good luck :).

Quick hints:

- Unrar beta in a folder

- unrar all downloaded tables in <Unit3D Pinball Beta/TABLES>

- Copy the VPinMame.dll file in your VPM install directory, then Setup.exe and "Install" (should note version 2.6)

- Change the parameters of "Minimal Launcher" link (just the path and the starting directory)

- Launch it => UP should be launched in "BuiltIn Launcher" mode (/minimalLauncher command line option)

- Click on the icon with the directory and the lens

- Browse to the TABLES directory

- Click Select

=> All the tables you downloaded should be on the list

Then you can try your old cab puo but we recommand reconfiguring from scratch.

If you want to try dof, replace the "directoutputconfig.ini" by yours before enabling DOF in the Options panel

Have fun. Do not hesitated in case of (inevitable) troubles.

Edited by BilboX, 27 June 2015 - 05:50 PM.

UP2

#5 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

Congrats for the release! Let's see if my computer is fast enough this time... ;)

#6 MRZ999

MRZ999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

Im not the best on this. I really need a video so start this up!

Congratulations for this release! Im very happy for you and me to get a try on this! =D

#7 vanlion

vanlion

3D builder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family, World Cup Soccer (1994)

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

Super the beta is here. Good work guys. Going to try it this weekend.

Edited by vanlion, 27 June 2015 - 07:09 PM.

32.jpg

#8 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

How to activate the backglass? And I do not see the DMD on 3rd monitor (or at least on 2nd). And it seems that it does not save my settings but maybe I didn't do it right...

#9 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

how do you save the size of the backglass.  I run calibrabe cab and stretch the backglass.  Its looks fine, but when I quit and restart its back to the original size

#10 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

You need to exit the cab calibration mode again by clicking the button a second time. Then resave the options.

If option are not saved, it May be some uac problem (Windows 8 on c:?)

Edited by BilboX, 27 June 2015 - 08:39 PM.

UP2

#11 xxTheGoDxx

xxTheGoDxx

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: The Bride of Pinbot

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

First off, thank you devs both for your wonderful work and for your patience with the community here.

A few things I noticed (i7 920 @ 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 770 4GB (on old 340.52 driver), Win 8.1 64 bit, installed in C:\Program Files (x86)):

• Don't seem to load properly when in Real Fullscreen mode. Starting in Fake Fullscreen and switching afterwards seems to work.
  • Fake Fullscreen mode shows window edges.
  • Fake Fullscreen mode don't show graphics untill you move the window.
  • No display refresh rate option.
  • Analog sticks and D-Pad of 360 pad can be assigned, but only work after restart. Actually I could swear they didn't work at all in the beginning even after restart. The work since:
  • After a few starts I can't left click anymore! Left clicking just hides the menu (like esc), right click works.
  • Visible menu reduces fps by like 10%.
  • After changing a few graphical options like reflections etc. the framerate (and physicsI) continuously lowers.
  • Standard nudging values (tested on Indiana Jones) are to strong and cause the table to malfunction by loosing balls etc.

#12 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the tip about saving backglass size, works fine now.  Still can't get DOF to work though.  Any1 have DOF working?  (It sounds like a great new feature to use existing DOF configs)

#13 mpad

mpad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, TOM; Timeshock (!), Secrets of the Deep (fx2)

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:25 PM

Woah cool. Not near cab atm, so can't try.
Congrats!

It comes with a custom vpinmame again? Hopefully, in can be incorporated into the latest build, because there has been a lot going there as well...

#14 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

Well done.   => :BDH:

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#15 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

AddAudioSourceToObject
TryFindAudioClip

Have you got an updated list of methods?

Edit: Don't worry, found.

----------------------------------------------------------

This came after fiddling with the color & intensity of the dmd. To get back to working order it was easier to overwrite with the original download.

Compilation successful

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_Log(Int32, String, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Utils:U3DP_Debug(DebugType, String, Int32) (at G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Utils\Utils.cs:1879)
Compiler:Compilation(String, String) (at G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Utils\Compiler.cs:82)
Utils:ApplyCompiler(String, String&) (at G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Utils\Utils.cs:1635)
<LoadScripts>c__Iterator5:MoveNext() (at G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Player\AddScript.cs:144)

(Filename: G Line: 0)

COMException
  at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR (Int32 errorCode) [0x0000f] in /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Runtime.InteropServices/Marshal.cs:1032 

at (wrapper cominterop) VPinMameTypeLib.ControllerClass:Run (int,int)

at (wrapper cominterop-invoke) VPinMameTypeLib.ControllerClass:Run (int,int)

at BxVPMTableManager.InitVPM (System.String romName, Int32 version) [0x0013d] in G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Behaviours\BxVPMTableManager.cs:84 

at dd_l2_TableManager.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Script.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x000d0] in /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222 
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x000eb] in /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232 

at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115 

at Compiler.Compilation (System.String exename, System.String file) [0x00162] in G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Utils\Compiler.cs:88 

at Utils.ApplyCompiler (System.String app_name, System.String& output) [0x00025] in G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Utils\Utils.cs:1635 

at AddScript+<LoadScripts>c__Iterator5.MoveNext () [0x003f6] in G:\Unity\Pinball Unit3D\PinballUnit3D\trunk\sources\PinballUnit3D\Assets\Plugins\Player\AddScript.cs:144 

(Filename: G Line: 0)

Edited by chepas, 28 June 2015 - 01:07 AM.

VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#16 Cheshire Noir

Cheshire Noir

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Black Hole

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:00 AM

Anyone else having problems downloading this? My first attempt ended up dumping itself with an error (network error) and nothing else since. I've tried with Chrome, IE and Firefox...

#17 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:22 AM

Had a very long session on this...Have been doing lots of cool stuff with my tables, the graphics are great along with the lighting. It really is something special in that department along with the options to you that are available within Unity. The roller disco table was good sending in a heavily verbed disco song and having the ambient lighting change color & flash, giving it a nice atmosphere. Get black light looking leds easily, its really nice.

Grand lizard: You mention the kickers are set to not be so easy, but for this game you need the polar opposite. Same as the alpha, if the ball's traveling too fast it will fly straight over it and through the locked gate. Maybe I can stick a magnet there or something because the ball should just drop in and only release on the multiball or end.

This whole ball sticking to guides though is still too difficult to get rid of and really the worst parts that gripe are the in-lanes. Why is it? Too many collisions? Maybe you gotta have 60fps constant to cope.

#18 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:17 AM

I managed to set up the backglass but it works in fake full screen only. Nevertheless I wish you would support dB2S.

How to set up my analogue plunger?

Framerate seems to be better than with the alpha version but I still do not get full 60 fps (even not when reducing the lights from 200 to 50). But it's almost fluid here. It's interesting that I get less fps in Qbert that TAF. Which graphics card is recommended for full experience? I have a GTX 660.

And I noticed that you did not use the latest textures from Bad Cats. I think you are using the ones from the FP version but I made enhanced ones for the VP version in cooperation with JP.

#19 hotgraphics

hotgraphics

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

When I run the Minimal Launcher, it won't let me select the directory of the tables.

*Edit, strangely working now, it didn't the first time.

Also I'm not getting any music or game sounds, just mechanical sounds, in Attack from Mars, even though I've got the sound turned up all the way in PinMAME?.

Problems with Fake Fullscreen All on a laptop, it's actually windowed and sometimes you can't get to the Save Settings button because of the Taskbar getting in the way of it. Real Fullscreen seems to start in a 4:3 perspective and upon exiting when it returns to the Gamelist, the names of the tables are missing. Then on subsequent runs (using the artwork to find the table in the list) of Unit3D fails to get to full screen, being windowed in 4:3.

Edited by hotgraphics, 28 June 2015 - 11:55 AM.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM @ 2.20GHz (Up to 3.1GHz) Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
GRAPHICS: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, Os: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

#20 xxTheGoDxx

xxTheGoDxx

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Bride of Pinbot

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

Bugs:

• Scared Stiff still has the Spider Wheel camera bug when you use an up/down camera.
  • Also on Scared Stiff I noticed that the ball jumps out of the lane into the drain when exiting the "Boney Beast" right ramp.
  • At least Indiana Jones and Scared Stiff has the left and right audio channel swapped. T2 is normal.
  • Are the flipper sounds on Indiana Jones normal, they feel a bit excessive?
  • The fps meter isn't saving its position.

BTW sorry for reporting that performance seems to reduce itself after time or after changing stuff in the settings. Looks like my driver decided it doesn't need full clocks for whatever reason. I am now using the latest Nvidia beta driver with the power setting "prefer performance" and got no more performance problems. Menus still reduce the fps though (which of course isn't a problem).

Also the problem that left click hides the menu cured itself for what ever reason.

• I think you should move audio volume settings from options to table settings. Even the right now existing tables have to different of a sound balance for a global setting IMO.
  • The new (?) ball texture looks amazing in combination with the reflection. If its not a big performance drain you should enable them by default. Also if not already included, make them customizable.

(i7 920 @ 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 770 4GB (353.30 driver), Win 8.1 64 bit, installed in C:\Program Files (x86))

I managed to set up the backglass but it works in fake full screen only. Nevertheless I wish you would support dB2S.

How to set up my analogue plunger?

Framerate seems to be better than with the alpha version but I still do not get full 60 fps (even not when reducing the lights from 200 to 50). But it's almost fluid here. It's interesting that I get less fps in Qbert that TAF. Which graphics card is recommended for full experience? I have a GTX 660.

I use a overclocked GTX 770 4GB and the tables I tested run at 60 fps @ 2560*1440. I lowered AA from 8 to 4, turned off front glass reflection (don't like it) and some other stuff like ball reflection to medium, but only because I previously had problems with my video driver so I don't know if this is actually all needed. Lights are still at the max setting. I doubt that anything but AA and the front glass made a difference anyway. So a GTX 680/770/960(?) is definitely enough for 1080p60.

Also, are you sure your CPU isn't the bottleneck? You can check it by running it a low resolution.

Edited by xxTheGoDxx, 28 June 2015 - 03:53 PM.

Reply to this topic