Photo
- - - - -

Zeb's plunger settings for future pinball (please help)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 coolpin

coolpin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 44 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Carribean (Stern)

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:39 AM

Can someone share all their setting for Future pinball for their Zeb plunger?  I have it and it works great in visual pinball (with the exception of sometimes the metal plunger comes off the plastic end.   Might try the double sided tape recommendation).  But, I am having trouble getting it to work correctly in future pinball.  I can see the plunger move some but it does not want to release properly and is very weak and does not launch the ball.  Please tell me your gain values, deadzone etc.   Not sure if I need to play with force and damping too.  I would love to get it working in future pinball.  I am using windows 7, i5 machine.  Any help is appreciated - this is driving me crazy.

Edited by coolpin, 21 May 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#2 coolpin

coolpin

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 44 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Carribean (Stern)

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

I made some progress tonight.  I found that if I put the Z gain at 1 and the Dead zone at 0.80 or higher, my plunger works in Future pinball!     It works but not as controllable as visual pinball at these settings (you have less control as I pull back once I get to a certain point, the plunger goes all the way back immediately).  But, at least it is working.  Now the nudging is working but not very well at all.  With the gain for X and Y set to +2, it takes violent nudges to do anything (probably more shaking that will happen in real life) - makes it kind of unusable which is a bummer.  In visual pinball, the nudging works very well.  I am thinking of going back to the virtua pin version 2 plunger, as I had better luck with nudging in future pinball.  I will try a little more to get the (Zeb plunger) sensitivity better via future pinball switches, but man this is extremely painful - trial and error to get it right.  Virtuapin was much easier to get going for me.  I have even tried powered USB hubs etc. to try to debug.

Now one more thing that I encountered, was that my machine will not boot with the Zeb plunger connected to USB (unless I press a key quickly).  I believe I had to disable legacy USB (in BIOS) to get around this (just wanted to pass this on to help others).  This was something I did not have to do with the vitua pin version 2 plunger.  But, I will say that the zeb plunger in visual pinball is very good and I like the performance.  I just wish the future pinball worked as well (hoping to get it tuned to do so).

One other thing that has me a little worried about the zeb plunger design is how the metal plunger tip connects to the mechanical white plasic "O" ring.  On mine, I have had instances where the metal tip comes out from the "O" ring which makes the plunger not work properly.  Instructions say if this happens, to use some double sided tape.  I may give this a try but I hope the tape holds.  This is an issue the virtua pin plunger does not have.  However, I have had some once in a while issues with the vitua plunger v.2.  It can randomly start shaking the ball violently all of the sudden almost like nudging is malfunctioning (but only once in a while).  But, most of the time, the V2 is rock solid and I do like it very much (and may have to go back to it and maybe try a powered USB hub).

Both of these are much better than MOT-ION (run from that one) :)

Edited by coolpin, 21 May 2015 - 04:20 AM.

#3 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

I have fought and fought with the nudging in fp with zebs plunger. I do have the plunger working in both fp and vp just not the nudging. Never had a problem with booting with the plunger connected.

#4 zebulon

zebulon

Cantankerous old B****D

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,172 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: xenon, Medieval Madness, Royal Flush, Silverball Mania

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

Yeah the code tweaks to make it play nice with VP put it at odds with the standard game controller functions that FP looks for.  I have to get time to set up a test bed and try to rectify that.

Here's where having a cab would probably be beneficial...LOL

ZB%20%20Storefront1%20.png               [email protected]

Don't pm or expect an answer from me here ... the links above are my contacts.

I know so much about so little that I could teach you all there is to know about nothing......

#5 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

Sorry to bring up old thread but now that I have all my contactors and lights working in all of my future pinball tables I want to tackle the nudging. Have you had a chance to bench test your nudge device as mentioned above?

#6 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

Bump anyone have any success in future pinball using this nudge sensor?

#7 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:32 PM

Any update to using the nudge sensor in FP?

#8 zebulon

zebulon

Cantankerous old B****D

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,172 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: xenon, Medieval Madness, Royal Flush, Silverball Mania

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

Yup, tested on Heavy Metal table (desktop version) using the setting posted in my forums...

FuturePinball.png

ZB%20%20Storefront1%20.png               [email protected]

Don't pm or expect an answer from me here ... the links above are my contacts.

I know so much about so little that I could teach you all there is to know about nothing......

#9 Umpa

Umpa

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

Cool thanks

#10 Bungerfree

Bungerfree

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Road Trip

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:56 PM

Yup, tested on Heavy Metal table (desktop version) using the setting posted in my forums...

FuturePinball.png

Hello, the link to the settings (zebulon) postet is dead.

Have anyone a helpfull information about FP (Future Pinball) settings for the zebsboard plunger.

kindly regards 

Bungerfree

#11 nickbuol

nickbuol

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 21 December 2020 - 04:58 PM

FuturePinball.png

Hello, the link to the settings (zebulon) postet is dead.

Have anyone a helpfull information about FP (Future Pinball) settings for the zebsboard plunger.

kindly regards 

Bungerfree

I went to Zeb's site, went the the support forums and found this topic:

https://www.zebsboar....php?f=27&t=150

It does show up in the V3 plunger support.  Not sure if it works with V2 or not.

All credit to Zeb and his support:

5mmUB96.jpg

#12 Bungerfree

Bungerfree

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:48 PM

Hello,

@ nickbuol -> thanks for your answer.

I have check the settings off the post and i see different settings to my settings in Future Pinball (FP). :bye2:

31d07d917b870794ac6b09a00d4e975e.png

My problem, no nudge and no plunging in FP.

I bought the zeps digital/analog plunger in 2019 for my cab, he has the firmware V3 R3.5.

I have also testet the firmware V3 Rev 5.1 but this have not change one of my problems.

Any tipps for me ?

kindly regards

Edited by Bungerfree, 29 December 2020 - 05:13 PM.

#13 GeorgeH

GeorgeH

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Rose

Posted 29 December 2020 - 06:45 PM

This tutorial might help with the nudging:

https://pinballnirva...ge-in-fp.19833/

#14 Bungerfree

Bungerfree

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:06 PM

@ GeorgeH danke für das Tutorial. :otvclap:

Das Tutorial ist für den Pinscape Controller und ich habe versucht, die Registrierungswerte zu ändern, aber mein Problem besteht immer noch.

Das Problem ist (glaube ich), dass ich das Kontrollkästchen NudgeX nicht von -none- auf "X-Axis" ändern kann.

iKdHkE.jpg

Ich brauche wieder Hilfe.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Edited by Bungerfree, 30 December 2020 - 05:35 PM.

#15 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:32 PM

@ GeorgeH thanks for the tutorial. :otvclap:

The tutorial is for the Pinscape Controller and i have try to change the registry values but my problem still exists.

The problem is (i think) , that i can not change the NudgeX  checkbox from -none- to "X-Axis".

I need help again.

kindly regards

Make sure that your OS native language is set to US english

for some reason FP only works to pick an axis in native english

Other than that, i am not sure, i have never been able to get FP to show an axis for anything i have tried, even a wired xbox 360 controller
would need some people to share registry keys for FP who have an axis set, and maybe some notes on how windows sees their axis and identifies it
and maybe we could come up with a manual solution

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#16 Bungerfree

Bungerfree

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:23 PM

@wiesshund -> you have solve my problem  :love39: .

The devil is a squirrel. "for some reason FP only works to pick an axis in native english".

I change the OS Language to US english and i can change the NudgeX from -none- to "X-Axis". The same for NudgeY.

Nudging is now possible. !!!!

:otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:  :otvclap:

#17 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 30 December 2020 - 09:46 PM

Am glad that worked for you.

wish it would actually work for me

i still get the options of None, and None LOL

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary