• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:23 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Taxi VP912
File Submitter: jpsalas
File Submitted: 31 May 2009
File Category: VPinMAME 9.x Recreations
Author(s): jpsalas
thewool
Manufacturer: Williams
Year: 1988
Permission to MOD?: No

Based on the Williams table from 1988

Click here to download this file

Edited by jpsalas, 26 October 2012 - 03:40 AM.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#2 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for the final, great lights.

Posted Image

#3 gordon

gordon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

Thanks, fantastic retro Table!!!!!!!! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

#4 whsemngr

whsemngr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

This table looks absolutely amazing with the convsion to VP9. Thanks for this JP. MIKE
I don't suffer from insanity........

I enjoy every minute of it........

#5 templarjh

templarjh

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 514 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Sing Along

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

gah it's my #1 favorite table for vp9 and my vp9 quit working for some reason so omg I gotta fix it!

#6 Pin-Pete

Pin-Pete

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for your hard work!Six tables
to VP9 and all of them are looking
amazing! THANK YOU JPSalas! dblthumb.gif

Greetings:Petri

#7 Sandro

Sandro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

Thanks JP for all your hard continuous work!! Loving the new angles of the table, not sure if I like the wood on the inner walls of the tables, not that it looks bad just a bit odd maybe. Anyways as always loving your work. smile.gif

#8 TuNk77

TuNk77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, TAF

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:54 AM

Noticed a minor thing:

If anyone else notice this, please reply
AvPD

#9 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,075 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

Nothing at this site JP ..

Attached Files

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#10 TuNk77

TuNk77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, TAF

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for your reply FD, witch version are you playing BTW?
AvPD

#11 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

here's another bug, due to VP 9.1.2 ???

ball remain glued on top right of the ramp, that happend 2 times in just 1 game !!!
skaked, but tilted the first time... add a ball second time, while ball remain there without moving at all...

http://imageshack.us.../taxivp920.jpg/

++ JP
wink.gif

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#12 Decidetto

Decidetto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse, Black Rose, Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

Yes, yes, yes, that also happened to me yesterday evening with the ball in the exact same position!
I didn't modify the ramps to be alpha or anything, it is the original, untouched ramp.
"More pinball, shoot again!"

#13 faralos

faralos

VPF Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated

• Trophies:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

if it's the original untouched ramp that may be why. the ball is larger now so it may be hanging up there. Great table though! I love that nighttime look! It reminds me of so many nights trying (unsuccessfully usually!) to hail one in the dark rain!
"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs

#14 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

I'm in holidays now, in Mallorca smile.gif I guess I'll take a look a t the table later when I'm back in Oslo.

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#15 kruge99

kruge99

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

I played my personal FS mod on my cab yesterday (about 5 games??) using VP912 and I did not have any issues with the ball getting stuck. All I did was rotate and scale the table to fit my monitor because this table is angle independent as far as I recall.

Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#16 Decidetto

Decidetto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse, Black Rose, Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

The thing is, Faralos, that when normally shot, the ball just continues up the ramp without any problems. In other words, the ramp is not too narrow, as may be the case with some VP8 to VP9 conversions.
When shot really weakly, though, the ball rolls back slowly, and when it passes that spot, it just latches onto it and doesnt let go without tilting!
"More pinball, shoot again!"

#17 jimbod8

jimbod8

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Decidetto @ Jun 27 2011, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is, Faralos, that when normally shot, the ball just continues up the ramp without any problems. In other words, the ramp is not too narrow, as may be the case with some VP8 to VP9 conversions.
When shot really weakly, though, the ball rolls back slowly, and when it passes that spot, it just latches onto it and doesnt let go without tilting!

This, exactly. It's never a problem with a strong shot, only if you hit a weak one that would go partway up the ramp and start to roll back down again. I've played probably around 50 games on this table I'd guess, and it's happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times. One time it happened during a multiball, and I was able to knock it free with the second ball, but otherwise it typically takes several slam tilts in a row to get it loose - if you nudge the table the ball just rolls a bit from side to side but doesn't really go anywhere. There is a gate that extends partway below the ramp at the spot where the ball gets stuck - I just checked and the gate height is 90 while the ramp height for that section is 55 rising to 75. That could be our culprit, and it would explain why the ball has no problem going through there in one direction but gets blocked when it rolls back the other way.

#18 kruge99

kruge99

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (jimbod8 @ Jun 27 2011, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Decidetto @ Jun 27 2011, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This, exactly. It's never a problem with a strong shot, only if you hit a weak one that would go partway up the ramp and start to roll back down again. I've played probably around 50 games on this table I'd guess, and it's happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times. One time it happened during a multiball, and I was able to knock it free with the second ball, but otherwise it typically takes several slam tilts in a row to get it loose - if you nudge the table the ball just rolls a bit from side to side but doesn't really go anywhere. There is a gate that extends partway below the ramp at the spot where the ball gets stuck - I just checked and the gate height is 90 while the ramp height for that section is 55 rising to 75. That could be our culprit, and it would explain why the ball has no problem going through there in one direction but gets blocked when it rolls back the other way.

A friendly piece of advice - please make a screenshot, showing the ball stuck on the ramp because I can't duplicate the problem myself... (You seem to know what to look for in the editor... I'm only asking just so that JP can see where the ball is getting stuck which makes it easier for him to fix.) Thank you.

Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#19 jimbod8

jimbod8

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Jun 27 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friendly piece of advice - please make a screenshot, showing the ball stuck on the ramp because I can't duplicate the problem myself... (You seem to know what to look for in the editor... I'm only asking just so that JP can see where the ball is getting stuck which makes it easier for him to fix.) Thank you.

Best Regards,
Todd.

No problem! RipleYYY had already posted a link to one with his initial report, but I'm happy to give another. Set up a 4-player game so that I'd have the best chance of running into it, and as luck would have it I managed to stick one first player first ball. I jostled it a couple of times to get the ball away from the wall a bit so you could see it better, then took this screenshot. The ball is stuck where the right airport ramp starts to curve off to the left. In the closeup shot, thanks partly to my crappy graphics card, you should be able to see exactly where the gate looks like it's overlapping the ramp.

#20 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

By looking at the screen shot I think it can be the spinner/gate being too long/high. The ball sticks like with glue to the sides of spinners and ramps. But by the screenshot my guess is the spinner, if you want you can try to make the spinner smaller of just remove it for testing. I'll take a look at it when I'll make a vp912 version of it.

I'll finish my holidays in Mallorca the 9th of July, then I have a few things to do, but after that I'll fix it.

JP

vp.jpg