bigshaun6666aus

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: addams family

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hi There

Does anybody know when Pirates of the Caribbean and Family Guy roms and tables will be out please?

Thanks rolleyes.gif

#2 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

How about never? We still got that agreement with STERN that says we won't emulate their newer tables (starting with World Poker Tour) until they switch the ROM system. And that will take a long time.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#3 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,454 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

That's an easy answer: there won't be any of the those tables for VP in the near future. Stern has prohibited to emulate their latest system. So until Stern comes up with a new system and give permission to emulate the old one there won't be any of those tables emulated (there is no more 3 years rule in case you were wondering).

But I making a Spiderman table, mostly as an way to learn a little more programming, but at the current speed it will take many months to complete. But I'm afraid end result will have little in common with the real table.

JP

edit: you beat me on that answer, TheMcD smile.gif

Edited by jpsalas, 29 May 2009 - 03:37 PM.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#4 GRONI

GRONI

Pinball Recreator

• VIP
  • 1,071 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TWD - LOTR - TSPP - POTC - AFM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

Exact 2 Hours ago, i´ve played Pirates of the Caribean on a real Pin...Great Machine ( Only annoying German Voice....terrible ) And it´s a great Machine.
So JP maybe the next Challenge for you to build up. When Spidey is ready, you have all the knowledge for it.

My current VPX Tables I am working on:

Attack from Mars/Finished - The Walking Dead Pro/90% - The Lord of the Rings/75% - Family Guy/90% - The Simpsons Pinball Party/15%

#5 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ May 29 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I making a Spiderman table, mostly as an way to learn a little more programming, but at the current speed it will take many months to complete. But I'm afraid end result will have little in common with the real table.

JP

I actually really like those tables you are making. The ones that are different from the original. Your Attack and Revenge from Mars is a great table and this one will be too. Just wanted to say that.

The McD

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#6 faralos

faralos

VPF Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated

• Trophies:

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

You mean there is ANOTHER potc not just the zizzle one (and I made a semi-copy of THAT one and their Marvel one also they are both on here for d/loads)? Hmmm...if I ever finish the tutorials on making a vp pin, then mayhaps I can give it a go, providing someone can either help me with coding in a rompack or I can just wing it, and do my own programming, using just the table layout with all custom sounds, music and events. I did that for the zizzle ones, not having a real one to go on. I'll do a quick look-see on ipdb for it and I'll go from there. I figure I can work on it side-by-side with the ID pin we are learning in the tutorial, using the same methods for the actual build-up. But I'm just thinking out loud here... tongue.gif
"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs

#7 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

Contributor

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (faralos @ May 29 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean there is ANOTHER potc not just the zizzle one (and I made a semi-copy of THAT one and their Marvel one also they are both on here for d/loads)? Hmmm...if I ever finish the tutorials on making a vp pin, then mayhaps I can give it a go, providing someone can either help me with coding in a rompack or I can just wing it, and do my own programming, using just the table layout with all custom sounds, music and events. I did that for the zizzle ones, not having a real one to go on. I'll do a quick look-see on ipdb for it and I'll go from there. I figure I can work on it side-by-side with the ID pin we are learning in the tutorial, using the same methods for the actual build-up. But I'm just thinking out loud here... tongue.gif

The problem with that idea is that the STERN PotC is highly toy-dependant, and winging it without a ROM would require a staggering amount of scripting. I should know, I've played it quite a few times.

The McD

#8 LostWorldPinball

LostWorldPinball

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Spiderman & Apollo 13 & Jurassic Park

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

I can see why they are doing this. I watching the Tilt dvd, and they said they only did one game at a time (production line). I wonder if they do that for Stern too. To me, it kind of makes sense to make multiple games at a time instead of that philosophy because maybe not everyone wants the new NBA game. Maybe, they still want Spiderman, Pirate's of the Carribean, or Nascar.

They were also saying that they underproduced Attack from Mars (the original game), and if they could have started that up again, I think that would have been more of a gold mine. Maybe, they stopped it, and went to the next thing, and were thinking hey more people (businesses) probably wanted to buy that game.

#9 jhoff80

jhoff80

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 35 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ May 29 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(there is no more 3 years rule in case you were wondering).

I understand this sort of, but it also sucks too. I mean after all of the new machines get sold to distributors, Stern doesn't really make money off them anyway. 3 years seems like a very reasonable amount of time before releasing.

I realize that the can of worms is more that once you emulate one older one that you can basically emulate a brand new one as well and that that is the biggest reason, I just don't like it. tongue.gif

#10 Joe

Joe

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,337 posts

• Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (LostWorldPinball @ Aug 17 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see why they are doing this. I watching the Tilt dvd, and they said they only did one game at a time (production line). I wonder if they do that for Stern too. To me, it kind of makes sense to make multiple games at a time instead of that philosophy because maybe not everyone wants the new NBA game. Maybe, they still want Spiderman, Pirate's of the Carribean, or Nascar.

They were also saying that they underproduced Attack from Mars (the original game), and if they could have started that up again, I think that would have been more of a gold mine. Maybe, they stopped it, and went to the next thing, and were thinking hey more people (businesses) probably wanted to buy that game.

stern does rerun games and there time to make a game does run out.

#11 LostWorldPinball

LostWorldPinball

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Spiderman & Apollo 13 & Jurassic Park

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

I think Stern is smart with only taking on licensing deals. I came across Cactus Canyon game on used pinball site, and the only reason I tried it out (Visual Pinball) is because of how much it costs. i was thinking that it must be good if it costs so much money. This game is really, really good. However, with a name like Cactus Canyon, and just looking at the backglass, if I seen it at an arcade with many machines, I might have ignored it before.

With Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Independence Day, X-Files, NBA, NFL, and so on you know what those themes to relate to. The game could still not be good in my opinion like Roller Coaster Tycoon I don't like, but still they can easily draw your attention in my opinion compared to No Fear. I think a good name is also key.

#12 kingfish

kingfish

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Rocky and Bullwinkle

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ May 29 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about never? We still got that agreement with STERN that says we won't emulate their newer tables (starting with World Poker Tour) until they switch the ROM system. And that will take a long time.

The McD

Hey guys, my first post here and I fell in love with this place as soon as i found it. So my question to the above comment is....IM guessing Simpsons pinball party and austin powers come before that??

Edited by kingfish, 30 September 2009 - 06:02 AM.

#13 UncleReamus

UncleReamus

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

• VIP
  • 296 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Getaway

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (kingfish @ Sep 29 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheMcD @ May 29 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The McD

Hey guys, my first post here and I fell in love with this place as soon as i found it. So my question to the above comment is....IM guessing Simpsons pinball party and austin powers come before that??

Yup, as a matter of fact, you can download these tables from this forum today wink.gif

Posted Image

#14 lupine

lupine

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: No Good Gofers

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ May 29 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The McD

14 Minutes between first SAM post and McD's outburst? I think that's a new record.
Hole in one! Oops! Wrong Hole!