Photo
- - - - -

Visual Pinball 9.1.2 w/ integrated gamepad configuration (NOT OFFICIAL) (build7)

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#21 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family/Fish Tales/Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Ok, here is what the next update should look like unless I change it even more

Since the Accelerometer Gain in the Table Physics settings doesn't work correctly (and not sure what I need to do to fix it so it works the way I think it should), I have gone and added boxes for setting both the X/Y Gain levels seperately, as this ability has been added since the last official release, and is in fact what seems to have broken the existing Gain settings. I have also added the ability to choose different axes to replace the default X/Y and with that the ability to flip the direction with a check box, although this can also be done from the tables physics settings through the 'Normal Mounting' box (which flips the X/Y axis from default if unchecked I believe) and the 'PBW Mount Rotation' amount (which can rotate the axes).

Any further suggestions, just let me know...

#22 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

BUMP for new build... (see first post)

http://www.mediafire...5ykl97yuc4q81kj

Edited by koadic, 16 April 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#23 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

• Flag: Croatia

• Favorite Pinball: Amazing Spiderman, Black Hole, Totem

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

great job koadic, will check it asap

so these new settings override table settings - pbw accelerometer, mounting and rotation, so we don't have to open every table and enable pbw?

#24 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (blur @ Apr 16 2012, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great job koadic, will check it asap

so these new settings override table settings - pbw accelerometer, mounting and rotation, so we don't have to open every table and enable pbw?

It seems the "Normal Mounting" is a per table setting as well (will have to add enabling that globally for consistency) as is probably the rotation, but the addition of being able to select which axis you want assigned to what direction and the checkbox to reverse the direction are just a different way to achieve the same goal.

The existing means to enable the accelerometer its only per table, which is why I added a global option, so you don't have to go and enable it each time.

I will work on getting the 'Mounting' option added tomorrow. Gonna look into seeing what it will take to enable mechanical plunger (for tables that have a plunger object) globally as well too.

#25 Shooby Doo

Shooby Doo

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fathom

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Oh yeah, after bumping the gain up to 400 with this new version, the nudging is much more realistic with my controller - I love these analog features. Thanks a lot for working on this koadic, IMO this really adds a lot to VP.

#26 swaffar

swaffar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BBB, MM, CV

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

nice. maybe i'll save some cash and just go with a LED-Wiz+GP

Check out my mini-cab project

Signature_zps03cd408c.jpg

#27 Bob5453

Bob5453

I'm taking a nap

• VIP
  • 3,896 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair

• Trophies:

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

I can no longer uncheck the pbw accelerometer box, even with VP9.12, did running this change something in the registry?

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.

#28 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Bob5453 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can no longer uncheck the pbw accelerometer box, even with VP9.12, did running this change something in the registry?

Yeah, it adds 'PBWEnabled' to the registry in the 'Player' section. You can disable it by unchecking the box in the Keys menu, or by reverting to a version other than build 3 (official or otherwise) and deleting that entry from the registry. I will be adding an option to do the same with 'Normal Mounting', as well as an option to disable using Global settings which will revert it back to being controlled by the table options.

Edited by koadic, 17 April 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#29 Bob5453

Bob5453

I'm taking a nap

• VIP
  • 3,896 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair

• Trophies:

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (koadic @ Apr 16 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it adds 'PBWEnabled' to the registry in the 'Player' section. You can disable it by unchecking the box in the Keys menu, or by reverting to a version other than build 3 (official or otherwise) and deleting that entry from the registry. I will be adding an option to do the same with 'Normal Mounting', as well as an option to disable using Global settings which will revert it back to being controlled by the table options.

But what I meant was if I go back to using Official VP9.12, I can no longer check or uncheck the box as it is permanent with the way I exited your version, it is either checked or unchecked in all tables, without option of changing it. Not really a big deal for me, but was pointing it out.

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.

#30 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Bob5453 @ Apr 16 2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (koadic @ Apr 16 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But what I meant was if I go back to using Off icial VP9.12, I can no longer check or uncheck the box as it is permanent with the way I exited your version, it is either checked or unchecked in all tables, without option of changing it. Not really a big deal for me, but was pointing it out.

I know what ya meant smile.gif Using my newest version adds a registry entry (PBWEnabled) and for the sake of being able to undo my settings, I am going to add a way to disable it as well so it can go back to being set by table if one wishes (for whatever reason).

#31 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

• Flag: Croatia

• Favorite Pinball: Amazing Spiderman, Black Hole, Totem

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (koadic @ Apr 16 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems the "Normal Mounting" is a per table setting as well (will have to add enabling that globally for consistency) as is probably the rotation, but the addition of being able to select which axis you want assigned to what direction and the checkbox to reverse the direction are just a different way to achieve the same goal.

The existing means to enable the accelerometer its only per table, which is why I added a global option, so you don't have to go and enable it each time.

I will work on getting the 'Mounting' option added tomorrow. Gonna look into seeing what it will take to enable mechanical plunger (for tables that have a plunger object) globally as well too.

great - so you are going to add check box "use gobal settings" and with this box checked all tables will have global settings, and with it unchecked local settings will be used - lovely!
i'm looking at table options and there is mounting, rotation, gain, manual gain(what is it?), jolt, tilt, jolt/tilt trigger time and dead zone. Question is which of these options are really used and should be global?
i think you should not add mounting and rotation to global options cause you have them already with axis choice, just ignore settings from table if global settings is selected.
you also have gain, so only question is what about these jolts, tilts, their trigger times and dead zone.

for general plunger, i'm afraid it will not be possible globally - plunger enable is set on plunger object and some tables don't even have plunger object.
There are some plunger settings on backglass also (filter plunger and plunger adjust) - they are all over the place smile.gif - but i think we can safely ignore them smile.gif

Edited by blur, 17 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#32 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: kewpie doll, theatre of magic

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

well i tested it and it worked. i had nudging, kinda... the problem was the table appeared to be tilted up and to the right. i calibrated several times but still had the issue. disabled nudging after that.
also is there a way that you can add jolt to keys (or should this really be handled separately per table)? i assume the 100% gain is the accelerometer gain. is this a % of the gain that the table has?

#33 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Syco54645 @ Apr 17 2012, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i tested it and it worked. i had nudging, kinda... the problem was the table appeared to be tilted up and to the right. i calibrated several times but still had the issue. disabled nudging after that.
also is there a way that you can add jolt to keys (or should this really be handled separately per table)? i assume the 100% gain is the accelerometer gain. is this a % of the gain that the table has?

If it is drifting up and to the right, try going into the Table->Physics settings and adjust the deadzone slider up a little bit in increments until it doesn't do it anymore. When you adjust it, it is a global setting so it will effect all tables.

EDIT: Also, the gain values I put into the config menu are for the accelerometer, but split into each separate axis. With the current code, the Accelerometer Gain in the Table>Physics settings no longer seems to work correctly since support was added for separate X and Y gain values, which is why I included them in my new menu, so there would be something that would work for adjusting the Gain amount. In the table settings 1 equals 100%, so the default 1.5 value is equal to 150%.
And a question about 'add jolt to keys'... are you talking about adding a box like the one in the table settings to the 'Keys' menu so it is used globally for all tables? That's the way I understood it, but want to make sure I read it correctly. If so, I will add that to my additions for the next update. That, and probably add/move the dead zone slider to the Keys menu also, as that is already a global setting.

Edited by koadic, 17 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#34 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (koadic @ Apr 17 2012, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Syco54645 @ Apr 17 2012, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it is drifting up and to the right, try going into the Table->Physics settings and adjust the deadzone slider up a little bit in increments until it doesn't do it anymore. When you adjust it, it is a global setting so it will effect all tables.
EDIT: Also, the gain values I put into the config menu are for the accelerometer, but split into each separate axis. With the current code, the Accelerometer Gain in the Table>Physics settings no longer seems to work correctly since support was added for separate X and Y gain values, which is why I included them in my new menu, so there would be something that would work for adjusting the Gain amount. In the table settings 1 equals 100%, so the default 1.5 value is equal to 150%.

thanks! will give that a shot. just out of curiosity what values do you use? do you change your jolt at all?

#35 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Syco54645 @ Apr 17 2012, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks! will give that a shot. just out of curiosity what values do you use? do you change your jolt at all?

I have just used the suggested 1500 w/ my nanotech kit for the cab I am in the process of building off site, but with my computer at home, I have been using a PS3 controller w/ the left stick for nudge instead of the accelerometer, so I have been fine with the default 500 for that.

#36 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (koadic @ Apr 17 2012, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Syco54645 @ Apr 17 2012, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just used the suggested 1500 w/ my nanotech kit for the cab I am in the process of building off site, but with my computer at home, I have been using a PS3 controller w/ the left stick for nudge instead of the accelerometer, so I have been fine with the default 500 for that.

Great, thanks. You are making some big strides here, and i am liking it. Keep up the good work!

#37 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Bump for update to build4 - LINK (details in first post)

#38 jwinn1812

jwinn1812

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: dr who

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

YOU GUYS ROCK clapping.gif

My UHID-G Now works great

I did have to put the sensitivity up to 6000% but it works great for nudge

#39 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

I got nudging to work kinda. Really have to hit the table. Would tilt a real machine so that can't be right. Also it only nudges to the right. If ibjit left or right only right works. A center nudge doesn't do anything... what gives? Guess I still need help with understaningvsettings. Now for some cyclone. Sans nudging...

#40 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Nvm. It is working now thanks to koadic. Many thanks go out to him.