Argo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Jurassic Park

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Bilbox, what about dx11.2 support? Tiled resources will improve performance.

#1122 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I just got an invite to unity 4.3 show in Washington DC.  Quick notes about 2d improvements, would this help out or is it truely 3D evironment with Unity.  Is it possible to update this project to updated Unities in the future?

Edited by Slydog43, 06 November 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#1123 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

4.3 introduces more tools for 2d development. No sure that will apply here.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#1124 Romuluz

Romuluz

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 113 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Pinball Champ Star Wars

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hi there,

just a question, pure interest:

Will the final product be available to the Linux Community and the People using that bitten fruit?

Not that i have one of that kind, but i think it would be cool for those who do?!

Kind Regards

Romuluz

#1125 ArcadiusMaximus

ArcadiusMaximus

Quit throwing trash into my dimension !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi there,

Will the final product be available to the Linux Community and the People using that bitten fruit?

Not that i have one of that kind, but i think it would be cool for those who do?!

Kind Regards

Romuluz

Not to get ahead of things but a linux distro could be potential awesome. Imagine someone could take it and develope a super light weight VP Operating system that could boot into a front end in a matter of seconds. Im invisoning something similar to XBMC or OpenELEC (media center OSs) featuring Unity. That would be awesome :D.

~ Mr. John E. Smith III Esq.

#1126 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

• Favorite Pinball: kewpie doll, theatre of magic

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Romuluz

Not to get ahead of things but a linux distro could be potential awesome. Imagine someone could take it and develope a super light weight VP Operating system that could boot into a front end in a matter of seconds. Im invisoning something similar to XBMC or OpenELEC (media center OSs) featuring Unity. That would be awesome :D.

I could create the distro... Almost positive this will not work in linux though ;)

#1127 ludovids

ludovids

Enthusiast

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Favorite Pinball: LOTR IJ MM TAF Tommy TOTAN TZ

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Romuluz

The Future Pinball software as well as the new software for Unity would have to be ported to linux. Future Pinball software may be portable, based on what I've seen of it . New software may not be portable, depending on what version of .Net is being used. So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a linux port to become available.

ASRock Z270M Extreme4, i5-7600K, 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200, EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC

Samsung 850 EVO M.2, Samsung UN40JU7100 4K playfield, Samsung SynchMaster 2232 backglass, Pinscape on VirtuaPin Plunger Kit v3

#1128 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica, Addams Familly, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hi.

Pinball Unit3D will be released on Windows only ... first.

I think there is not so much things to change to be linux compatible: Special keys (ctrl+shft) hack of Unity, LVR Tools, and of course, VPM.

Not planed yet thought, just like Android version, still not planned. Let's focus on windows. (Moreover, this can be booted fast too now on fresh installation and bootloading can also be customized...)

UP2

#1129 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm a little sleepy still, but when I read the last post, I thought it said Unity3D would be released Wednesday.  Damn got very excited.  Funny how a sleepy mind can read things that aren't there.

#1130 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yea so when around about time can we demo this? I ready to take this baby for a spin! Lol

#1131 psiscapelabs

psiscapelabs

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'm wondering when we can expect to see this also... I'd hate to waste another 40 dollars on The Pinball Arcade. O.o

#1132 ludovids

ludovids

Enthusiast

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Favorite Pinball: LOTR IJ MM TAF Tommy TOTAN TZ

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hi.

Pinball Unit3D will be released on Windows only ... first.

I think there is not so much things to change to be linux compatible: Special keys (ctrl+shft) hack of Unity, LVR Tools, and of course, VPM.

Not planed yet thought, just like Android version, still not planned. Let's focus on windows. (Moreover, this can be booted fast too now on fresh installation and bootloading can also be customized...)

I see the mono website has a good explanation of what pieces of C# .Net are supported (http://www.mono-proj...m/Compatibility). So if you stay within those guidelines, the C# .Net pieces should run on linux without any modification.

Edited by ludovids, 10 November 2013 - 01:26 PM.

ASRock Z270M Extreme4, i5-7600K, 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200, EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC

Samsung 850 EVO M.2, Samsung UN40JU7100 4K playfield, Samsung SynchMaster 2232 backglass, Pinscape on VirtuaPin Plunger Kit v3

#1133 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

I see the mono website has a good explanation of what pieces of C# .Net are supported (http://www.mono-proj...m/Compatibility). So if you stay within those guidelines, the C# .Net pieces should run on linux without any modification.

Yes, thanks for the link ludovis! However, th epoint is that  we directly link to some of windows dll to overcome current Unity "bugs" or "limitations" (special keys and windows decorations...). Thus, even if we use specific #defines diretcives, we would still need to make same code adapted to linux.

Honestly, I don't think the time needed to port it on linux worths it. On Pinball Unit3D blog, we will setup a "poll" section. These kinds of request will be submited to community votes...

UP2

#1134 gear323

gear323

VPXVR is awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

• Favorite Pinball: All

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the hard work you guys have been putting into this.

BilboX,

I am super excited that you have oculous rift support working! My guess is in 5 years from now most of us will be doing the majority of our gaming on the rift or something like it. I think using flat monitors will be a thing of the past.

I know the current version of the oculous rift is low resolution but I was wondering..... how you like pinball in the rift?

#1135 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the hard work you guys have been putting into this.

BilboX,

I am super excited that you have oculous rift support working! My guess is in 5 years from now most of us will be doing the majority of our gaming on the rift or something like it. I think using flat monitors will be a thing of the past.

I know the current version of the oculous rift is low resolution but I was wondering..... how you like pinball in the rift?

Thanks!

I did not have plenty of time to spend on the rift integration so it's just a rough one. I don't like it in the current state because we really can't see details and it's hard to play. It needs a better camera placement and moreover, there is no translation tracking on rift: need to be coupled with IR tracking for example....

I am not sure to enhance it for the demo... other stuffs first.

UP2

#1136 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hi. It's been a long time without videos because we are preparing the demo release.

However, in this one, I explain you how to tune the complex flipper behaviour using our curve editor tool (which will be part of the software of course).

You will then be able to create different curves and fine tune flippers or whatever you like.

Hope you like it.

UP2

#1137 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

That's awesome.

#1138 EalaDubhSidhe

EalaDubhSidhe

Elder solid-statesman

• VIP
  • 1,094 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The one I like most is always the one I'll make next.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Amazing -  a proper power curve system on the flipper proportional to the distance towards the tip and duration of the button press, fully adjustable by the end user. If this is the level of accessible detail we can expect, there's no question about this engine being a giant leap forward. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1139 UltraPeepi

UltraPeepi

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 216 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Mary Shelly's Frankenstein

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Very impressive.  This accurate power curve is something I have always missed in VP.  The fact that you made it user editable is just icing.  Thanks.

ultradmd_splash.png

#1140 atarian

atarian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EMs

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Incredible. Its great how you can change it graphically and test the result immediately! Such an exciting project. Thanks for the update.

Edited by atarian, 15 November 2013 - 10:47 PM.