• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,412 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Black Knight VP91x 2.2.1FS

Version: 2.2.1
Category: VP 9.x Cabinet Tables (FULL SCREEN)

Author(s): jpsalas

Description:
Based on Black Knight made by Williams in 1980.
Here it is a table which doesn't need introduction: Black Knight was the first table to use facelet inserts, magna saves, two playfields.

I made this table for two friends from Argentina, Jolo and Leo so they can use it in their cabinet. The table is angle independent, so it is easy to change the view and to rotate it, there are a few instructions in the table info, and an extra backdrop if you prefer the full view without the dmd.

Not much more to say about the table, it is a standard JP VP9 table With fading lights and fast action

Updated the table to version 1.1

I have merged the changes from the alternate version (backdrop scoring lights, the Black Knight backdrop and the bell sound) with the regular version.

New in this updated 1.1

- merged the "normal" and the alternate version
- gameplay adjustments by kristian, making the table a little more difficult and chalenging
- added Gi (it only turns off during the atract mode and multiplay)
- added new angle independent rails, making the table now completely angle independent.

Take a look at the table info for a few tips about changing angles smile.gif

Update 2.1
- The only change are the transparent plastics.

JP

Update 2.2
- Just updated for VP91x, I only added the plastic borders and changed some settings. The reason for the update was to add higher resolution graphics to the FS version.

Update 2.2.1
- Adjusted launch ball speed to match the strength of the real table.
- Added "Ball to Ball collision" and support for analog plunger by kruge99

View File

Submitted by jpsalas, on Apr 19 2011, 03:10 PM

Edited by jpsalas, 23 April 2011 - 06:15 PM.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#2 arychines

arychines

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: arabian knigths

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

Thanks JP,but you know how setting this table for 1 coin 1credit

thanks again master pinball

#3 Grizz

Grizz

Art Guru

• VIP
  • 1,105 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Looks incredible man!
Thank u!

Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]

Posted Image

#4 ta2686

ta2686

Retired ROM Settings Guru

• VIP
  • 2,324 posts

• Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!

Contributor

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (arychines @ Apr 19 2011, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allow me to be of assistance....

You would need to go into the adjustment system and adjust several options in order to set the game to one coin/one credit. If you look at either my tutorials for replay levels or balls per game for Williams System 7, you can see the procedure to enter the the adjustment system and navigate through it to get to the options I am listing below.

To set it for one coin/one credit for the left/right coin slots, 2 coins for 3 credits for those same slots, and 7 credits for one dollar coin in the center slot, you need to set the following options to the following values (using the procedures I spoke of earlier to get to these options):

Option 19 = 00
Option 20 = 03
Option 21 = 14
Option 22 = 03
Option 23 = 02
Option 24 = 00
Option 25 = 00

For other options, you can download the operators handbook for Black Knight from the IPDB from this link: http://www.ipdb.org/...rs_Handbook.pdf

This will open in Adobe Reader (if you have it installed on your system) and you can save it to your PC for reference.

Hope this helps.
Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#5 arychines

arychines

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: arabian knigths

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (ta2686 @ Apr 19 2011, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (arychines @ Apr 19 2011, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allow me to be of assistance....

You would need to go into the adjustment system and adjust several options in order to set the game to one coin/one credit. If you look at either my tutorials for replay levels or balls per game for Williams System 7, you can see the procedure to enter the the adjustment system and navigate through it to get to the options I am listing below.

To set it for one coin/one credit for the left/right coin slots, 2 coins for 3 credits for those same slots, and 7 credits for one dollar coin in the center slot, you need to set the following options to the following values (using the procedures I spoke of earlier to get to these options):

Option 19 = 00
Option 20 = 03
Option 21 = 14
Option 22 = 03
Option 23 = 02
Option 24 = 00
Option 25 = 00

For other options, you can download the operators handbook for Black Knight from the IPDB from this link: http://www.ipdb.org/...rs_Handbook.pdf

This will open in Adobe Reader (if you have it installed on your system) and you can save it to your PC for reference.

Hope this helps.

thanks man for your atention,i will try

#6 thewool

thewool

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,068 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: WOZ

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

This is a brilliant update JP. It's amazing how the alpha transparancies can change the overall asthetics of a table, it's almost photo realistic! Plays like an absolute beast too smile.gif Thanks! yahoo.gif

I don't know if this was intentional, but there is one small transparent to the left of the top PF left flipper that it not alpha.

#7 kruge99

kruge99

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for updating again so quickly JP and I must mention, thanks to Unclewilly for teaching me how to get all of those damn kickers to co-operate with the B2BCollisions script! biggrin.gif

Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#8 gStAv

gStAv

Pinball Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

"- Added "Ball to Ball collision" and support for analog plunger by kruge99"

What is this? Notice that the plunger just shakes when activated and works like any other.
How do we use this analog feture? Sounds promising! biggrin.gif

3rs054-6.png

#9 kruge99

kruge99

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (gStAv @ Apr 24 2011, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"- Added "Ball to Ball collision" and support for analog plunger by kruge99"

What is this? Notice that the plunger just shakes when activated and works like any other.
How do we use this analog feture? Sounds promising! biggrin.gif

This means if you have one of the Pinball Wizard or Nanotech motion adapters that the table will now recognize and use it.

Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#10 gStAv

gStAv

Pinball Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thanks!

Thought that there was some new plunger mod that I missed.
If I remeber correctly Rascal was up to something with that...

Sorry for the OT though!

Great table JP! biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Edited by gStAv, 24 April 2011 - 07:06 PM.

3rs054-6.png

#11 KloggMonkey

KloggMonkey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

I'm having an issue with the newest version of this table, my nudge buttons keep activating the Magnasaves.

I use the PBW controller, however I added two buttons in mine; so I have 3 buttons on each side of the controller(1 flipper, 1 nudge, 1 magna). Anyway the issue seems to be with the default overrides built into VP with the PBW. My config I use those extra buttons I added as magnasave buttons and the standard magnasave buttons as my nudge.

I've changed the script to be this:(replaced the LeftMagnaSave and RightMagnaSave with keycodes for left and right ctrl)

If KeyCode = 29 Then Controller.Switch(10) = 1
If KeyCode = 157 Then Controller.Switch(9) = 1

If KeyCode = 29 Then Controller.Switch(10) = 0
If KeyCode = 157 Then Controller.Switch(9) = 0

This change seemed to work for older versions of JP's black knight it stopped working with the VP91x verison... any ideas?

#12 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,412 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

I should have left the script using the variables LeftMagnaSave and RightMagnaSave and instead changed the keys used in the editor preferences, keys and change there the keys used. I have mine set to the left and right control keys, and it work very well.

JP

Edited by jpsalas, 14 August 2011 - 02:30 AM.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#13 KloggMonkey

KloggMonkey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:40 AM

I should have left the script using the variables LeftMagnaSave and RightMagnaSave and instead changed the keys used in the editor preferences, keys and change there the keys used. I have mine set to the left and right control keys, and it work very well.

You did use the LeftMagnaSave and RightMagnaSave in your script I made those changes to try to get my setup to work.
I fixed it now... I forgot I needed to used keycodes 30 and 40. Its weird that the editor key preferences have conflicts with the PBW controller. Thanks for the quick reply and the awesome table JP!