Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

High Speed 1.0.5 FSLB VP912 [VP 9.x Cabinet FS]


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

Posted Image

File Name: High Speed 1.0.5 FSLB VP912
File Submitter: kruge99
File Submitted: 01 Apr 2011
File Category: VP 9.x Cabinet Tables (FULL SCREEN)
Author(s): kruge99
Manufacturer: Williams
Year: 1986
Permission to MOD?: Yes, with approval

Fullscreen VPinMAME/VP9 table for Cabinets

This is High Speed by Williams, 1986
"Run the light--and get away-at High Speed."
 
Version 1.0.5 for VP912 release notes:
my pin-cab version of High Speed
-added Koadic's IM Plunger
-minor graphical tweaks
-fix minor things that were annoying me

Version 1.0.3 release notes:
-changed the layback view because there were not many fans of the 1.0.2 version
-removed the side-rails image too due to a few complaints

Version 1.0.2 release notes:
-updated to VP912 (I don't know if VP911 works)
-replaced clear plastic ramp cover with alpha-transparency
-added "layback" view, aside from the fact I can't decide if I like layback view yet style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
-changed plunger image with one that corresponds to layback view

Version 1.0.1 release notes:
-fixed (hopefully) the ball from getting stuck on the left hideout exit ramp
-fixed the flipper logos to prevent them from moving in a non-game state
-fixed the kickback to stop it from firing when kickback should be disabled
-fixed the plunger anim code to comment out a line that became un-commented at some point
-added the 1024 sized image for people who received the offscreen surface error
-added two more ball colour changes to the lower playfield - watch for them!

Concept by: Steve Ritchie
Design by: Steve Ritchie
Art by: Mark Sprenger, Python Anghelo
Music by: Steve Ritchie, Bill Parod
Sound by: Larry DeMar, Eugene Jarvis, Bill Parod
Software by: Larry DeMar

VPinMAME/VP9 Notes:
This table is inspired by and dedictated to: (in no particular order)
Destruk
TAB
Unclewilly
Noah
JPSalas
PacDude

Special Thanks goes out to Sabbat Moon and TheKeef for beta testing. (How are those flipper settings coming TheKeef?)

Keen eyed players will notice a missing plastic. Once I find a reasonably good image, I'll trace it and add it in a future update.

Final Note: If I borrowed some code or technique from you and forgot to include you in the credits, please let me know and I'll update the table.

**Note: How to use the 1024 sized playfield:
1)When you open the High Speed table click on the Options button on the left of editor to make the options menu appear on the right side of the editor.

2)Look on the Options menu on the right side, and under Colors and formatting it should say Image: PF-GI-On
-->change the PF-GI-On image to PF-GI-On-1024 and save the table and exit VP9.

3)re-open VP9 and load up the High Speed table, it is now using a 1024 max sized image and should avoid the rendering problems

I have included the 'Toronto' highway signs for the spinners in a separate folder. Simply go into the image manager and use the "reimport from" button to replace the images, save the table under a new name and enjoy!

Here's a link to plastics and plunger cover images sized to 1024 to avoid graphic issues on lower end systems. Go into Table --> Image Manager, click on one of the plastics images and click on the "reimport from" button and select the image file with the same name.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T73TFCIG

Click here to download this file
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#2 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

Thank you very much Todd!!!
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#3 wildman

wildman

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 617 posts
  • Location:massachusetts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: all

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:13 AM

looks sweet todd otvclap.gif Worship.gif cant wait to get it on the cab man dblthumb.gif



 


#4 Gunner

Gunner

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

Awesome! just spent a couple of hours playing this today and I now I find this fresh update. biggrin.gif

First off, a belated thank you for you original version. I think it's just stunning and it's a favorite here.
Interested to compare it with this layback version. Haven't decided if I like it better yet either.


#5 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

I haven't fired it up yet but the screenshot provided seems to not have any LB or alpha
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#6 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat @ Apr 1 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't fired it up yet but the screenshot provided seems to not have any LB or alpha


Nope, I took a que from some others around here, and I was lazy.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#7 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 1 2011, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat @ Apr 1 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't fired it up yet but the screenshot provided seems to not have any LB or alpha


Nope, I took a que from some others around here, and I was lazy.


lol smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#8 Rawd

Rawd

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 4,313 posts
  • Location:Edmonton, Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike



Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

Looks beautiful Todd. Thanks for the update. This is one of the tables that I always play when I turn on the cabinet.

You can hardly tell that you used layback though. The flippers are still quite angled. (personal preference I guess)

Edited by Rawd, 02 April 2011 - 05:18 AM.


 


#9 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Rawd @ Apr 1 2011, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks beautiful Todd. Thanks for the update. This is one of the tables that I always play when I turn on the cabinet.

You can hardly tell that you used layback though. The flippers are still quite angled. (personal preference I guess)


I guess it's because I'm short so I end up seeing more of the backs of the flippers than most people do. Feel free to adjust the layback to your preferences, I don't mind! biggrin.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#10 Gunner

Gunner

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

Todd the table squeezes at the top and you can see the sides of the cabinet, is this part of the layback view?
I didn't see this on JP's table updates.

Other than the ramp are there any other changes besides the addition of the layback stuff?


#11 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Gunner @ Apr 2 2011, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd the table squeezes at the top and you can see the sides of the cabinet, is this part of the layback view?
I didn't see this on JP's table updates.

Other than the ramp are there any other changes besides the addition of the layback stuff?


Please read my post #9.


Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#12 Gunner

Gunner

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 2 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Gunner @ Apr 2 2011, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd the table squeezes at the top and you can see the sides of the cabinet, is this part of the layback view?
I didn't see this on JP's table updates.

Other than the ramp are there any other changes besides the addition of the layback stuff?


Please read my post #9.


Best Regards,
Todd.


I don't see anything in post #9. I'm going to assume the table is supposed to look like what I'm seeing.

Sticking with the previous version I guess. I can live without the ramp.


#13 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Gunner @ Apr 2 2011, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see anything in post #9. I'm going to assume the table is supposed to look like what I'm seeing.

Sticking with the previous version I guess. I can live without the ramp.


This part:

"Feel free to adjust the layback to your preferences, I don't mind! biggrin.gif"
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#14 g00se

g00se

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

This is a beauty!! Thanks!!!!

#15 wildman

wildman

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 617 posts
  • Location:massachusetts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: all

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings




 


#16 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (wildman @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings



Thanks for posting this wildman, and yes, it's as simple as saving a backup of the table and then changing the numbers in those boxes in the attached picture. tup.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#17 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:59 AM

*anxiously awaits his WS update*

wink.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#18 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 3 2011, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (wildman @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings



Thanks for posting this wildman, and yes, it's as simple as saving a backup of the table and then changing the numbers in those boxes in the attached picture. tup.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.



Wildman I see what you mean. Krudge any change you can try out wildmans settings and let us know what we would have to change so the ball doesnt visibly drain at the bottom?

#19 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 3 2011, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (wildman @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings



Thanks for posting this wildman, and yes, it's as simple as saving a backup of the table and then changing the numbers in those boxes in the attached picture. tup.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.



Wildman I see what you mean. Krudge any change you can try out wildmans settings and let us know what we would have to change so the ball doesnt visibly drain at the bottom?


The effect is commonly referred to as "ghost ball" in VP and it refers to the last position the ball was drawn "on screen" before it disappeared off screen, before it hit the kicker.
No need to test actually, the answer is because the drain kicker has been moved offscreen due to the scale/offset setting he chose. It can be fixed if the x/yscale setting was reduced equally until the drain kicker is no longer outside the "view area" of VP.



Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#20 wildman

wildman

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 617 posts
  • Location:massachusetts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: all

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bent98 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 3 2011, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (wildman @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings



Thanks for posting this wildman, and yes, it's as simple as saving a backup of the table and then changing the numbers in those boxes in the attached picture. tup.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.



Wildman I see what you mean. Krudge any change you can try out wildmans settings and let us know what we would have to change so the ball doesnt visibly drain at the bottom?


The effect is commonly referred to as "ghost ball" in VP and it refers to the last position the ball was drawn "on screen" before it disappeared off screen, before it hit the kicker.
No need to test actually, the answer is because the drain kicker has been moved offscreen due to the scale/offset setting he chose. It can be fixed if the x/yscale setting was reduced equally until the drain kicker is no longer outside the "view area" of VP.



Best Regards,
Todd.


Thanks for the tip Todd..I tweaked a little more..All is good now dblthumb.gif heres the updated settings that work