• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar, Attack from Mars, MM, MB, Pinbot...

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

Hi

Just setup a plumb bob for nudge. I have it working but I get rebound when I nudge left or right. For example, if I nudge left, I get left right left right.

How do I adjust the nudge plugin to register the first nudge and ignore subsequent nudges for let's say 500 msec?
Based on this, what should I do with the tilt related setting?

I looked at the comments for each parameter, but I think I need some overview to understand the overall logic...

Thanks for any help.

At the bottom section
http://www.vpforums....397#entry224740

Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls

<OO>  Pinball Cab  <OO>  ArcadeX Mame Cab  <OO>

#82 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,061 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Got it working but one thing I noticed is that while the additional nudges due to rebound can be filtered out, I am still hearing the additional nudge sounds. Is it possible to configure it so the nudge sound is only played for the actual nudges and not the filtered out ones? If not I will consider disabling or removing all nudge sounds. Thanks

#83 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar, Attack from Mars, MM, MB, Pinbot...

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Got it working but one thing I noticed is that while the additional nudges due to rebound can be filtered out, I am still hearing the additional nudge sounds.

Is it possible to configure it so the nudge sound is only played for the actual nudges and not the filtered out ones? If not I will consider disabling or removing all nudge sounds.

Thanks
You shouldn't hear the rebound nudge sounds. Make sure it's not the aforce rebound nudge. Look at the aforce variables I refer to in the tutorial. Bump them up to 2 and try.

Edited by uberpinball, 21 May 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls

<OO>  Pinball Cab  <OO>  ArcadeX Mame Cab  <OO>

#84 bob808

bob808

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Big Guns

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Thanks Blur and everyone else for this!
I was getting bad re-coil on my plumb bob bump switch causing tilt any time you tried to bump, but now with the customizable parameters, I was able to 'ignore' the extra multiple contacts caused by the bobs pendulum motion.

I will play with some of the other settings too, but I am already much happier than I was :)

Thank you so much!

Edit: I am having a couple minor issues using this custom nudging script that hopefully someone will be able to help me with-

While the bumping is better and not causing a tilt every time I try to bump, I am hearing multiple 'nudge sounds' as the plumb bob makes contact with the contact ring.

Secondly, Abracadabra table will not load or play. Getting an error saying

"line 0

Variable is undefined 'NudgeSound'"

Any Ideas? Thanks!

Edited by bob808, 28 June 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#85 bob808

bob808

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

The problem with tables not starting seems to be on older EM tables that apperently don't have a nudgesound.

What do I have to do? Add a 'NudgeSound' to the tables?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:  I seemed to have fixed the problem by downloading an (earlier?) version of the NudgePlugIn.vbs

This version (in the quote below) includes a couple mps's that go into the music folder and now the tables (that didn't work before) are working correctly.  It also seemed to have got rid of the multiple nudge/tilt sounds I was experiencing.  whoo-hoo! Hopefully this will help anyone else who is experiencing the same issues I was (notice the past tense :) )

"Alright, I have updated the core to v3.41 which includes the ablity to create a NudgePlugIn.vbs file to override the default nudging included in the core. Feel free to create one of your own, or use/modify the one I am attaching to this post...

attachicon.gifCustom nudge.zip=Nudge.zip

The zip file contains a NudgePlugIn.vbs file, a nudge.mp3 and tilt.mp3 file based on Blur's 3.33 version of the core.vbs available in his signature. You can use it as is, or you can modify it to your liking. Any future update of the core will not overwrite your nudge settings and they should be autoloaded with newer versions."

Edited by bob808, 29 June 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#86 bob808

bob808

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I still need some assistance with this custom nudge setting.. I am getting multiple nudges with my plumb-bob setup. I open nudgeplugin with notepad and change TiempoFiltro to 2000, even tried 2500. Then I click save and exit the nudgeplugin document.

This doesn't seem to have any effect.
Do I need to open the script in some other program to edit it?
Do I need to change anything in core.vbs to activate or enable the nudgeplugin.vbs?

arrgh!

Please help!

Edited by bob808, 20 July 2013 - 08:59 PM.