Photo
- - - - -

Is x360ce support for Visual Pinball possible?

x360 mouse plunger x360ce mouse multiple inputs multiple joysticks nudging plunging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 graveyardjohn

graveyardjohn

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:15 PM

Over in the 'My Mouse Plunger Setup' thread, I posted about the difficulties I was having in using a mouse and 'real' plunger combo, in that I've got more controllers in my cabinet than VP can deal with, "together".

I have:

• a Sidewinder motion sensor joystick for nudging
  • a simple joystick board encoder for pinball buttons, using joy2key
  • a mouse, using the Vjoy utility detailed in the thread, translating movements to rY analog stick, that VP can use for plunging.

However, VP only seems to succesfully pick up the first joystick recognised in the list of controllers registered to Windows, and thus I have to make the choice between Sidewinder nudging or Vjoy plunging for Visual Pinball. I can't configure it to recognise and use more than one device.

With x360ce, recognised in FX2/3, I have managed to 'merge' the two recognised joysticks together to create one virtual device, meaning it just works as hoped.

If VPX can recognise x360s xinput_1.dll file, it could do the same. It may also be useful for others with custom controllers and open up VPX to other users who wish to use other utilities or mappings.

Hope this is possible!

Regards

John

#2 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:06 PM

Yes and no ;) One problem with all the input controllers is that noone of us has all controllers VP supports today. If we switch to xinput other controllers won't work anymore. So just adding this to a VP10.x version might have too much impact to existing setups. I don't want to reject your request but it might be something for VP11 because we will break compatibility with major versions and try to keep everything compatible within subversions.

#3 graveyardjohn

graveyardjohn

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

Hey, thanks for the response. It's not my place to demand it's inclusion so happy it could appear in VP11. I wonder if there is a way it could be used as a setting change (use if available, on/off), to either use it or not, to retain compatibility at any stage of implementation?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: x360 mouse plunger, x360ce, mouse, multiple inputs, multiple joysticks, nudging, plunging